Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hema P AmbadanYour feedback matters!
Sir meri ankho me bahut jyada pain hota h jo ki bike chalane ke bad or jyada hone lgta h so sir please some one idea.
I am 19 year old. From past 3 days my right eye became red at right side of right eye. Tears are coming through the right eye. I have used eye drops. But no result.
How do I treat my OCD for cleanliness? I have consulted psychotherapist and was on drug but it didn't seem to work. Now I lost my masters in pharmacy study to it and jobless. Also I suffer from body image issue as I have gynecomastia (small breasts but but scared me for life. Please help apart from usual recommendation of go see other doctor.
How to overcome darkcircles . i am very much tensed from this. please give me some solution to overcome from this problem
Hello sir, help me Sir, I'm 23 years old and we do work on laptop for my project purpose and we live on computer upto 3 to 4 hours daily. But a few months I feel my left eyes darkness sometime so, what I do for my eye.
I suffer from myopia, - 6.5,-7 in left and right respectively. I want to know the drawbacks of lasik surgery as I want it done in Shankar Netralaya, Chennai. Whether there will be any complications? Would I be able to sit in administrative exams? In which field surgery is not acceptable?
I know that diabetes can take your vision. But my vision goes up and down. Can that be a sign that I'm on the verge of a stroke due to the mitral valve prolapse?
I had eye pain and a redness in eye. It is some type of allergies or some other issues like overtime use of computer, televisions or mobile. How to over come the problem suggest me the best answer?
I am suffering from Asthma and lower back pain. I am working as an Accountant. So mostly seating in front of computer. I am also suffering from constipation and weak digestion. In past, I had kidney stone problem, which is clear now. Also there is problem of weak eyesight (3.75 and -1.50). I am 51 years old.
I am Hema and I want to know that some times my eyes were itching I am working on computers always is it the reason?
I have eyesight problem, when I use mobile that time my eyes in water come outside so what have problem please give me reply thank you.
There is visible yellow plaque like spot at the corner of my eyes what is that n sometimes there is itching also is free serious medical condition is there .
My father is suffering fro leg pain he can't walk so far and also my father eyes also he can't see properly the white layer had came in black boll in eyes can you please say wats the solution.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.