Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hegade
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HegadeYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/ma'am, Madhu n me are unmarried couple. After intercourse she had I pill but still she got pregnant. It's first month we don't know what we should to do.
I am 19 years old. I have a periods problem sometimes it come and for a long time it never comes. I have no period problem for 6 months. I have more weight.
I have done unprotected sex with mah wife and I gave her ipill after few hours wat are the chances of my wife to get pregnant and do the monthly cycle changes its date. And at last wat are the chances of either one of us to acquire AIDS.
Sir, I am married woman and want a surrogate baby, we both have no problem but why I want surrogate baby because I am very weak and I was suffering from some problem so I won't be able to carry so please suggest me for surrogates baby
We are not able to have intercourse due to immense pain experienced by my wife. Is it normal. Can my wife conceive without penetration?
Hlo Dr. Meri umar 24. Sal h meri shadi 6 mhine phle hui nd mera miscarrige bh ho gy th is bich or Dr. Ne mjko btaya hai ki muje pcos hai mjhe kya krna cahiye kya ye jad se ktm ho jata h.
Completed one year of marriage. Married life is not good. As the sexual too. My hubby likes me but don't want to perform sex with me. But maybe I am more excited about this thing. What I do? Even my hubby sometimes agree to do it but never I reached at the stage of orgasms. Coz of it maybe I am in bad habit too. Even a sharp water pressure from toilet seat excites me and I reach at orgasms. This thing neither I can tell anyone. After hubby's regular denial no to perform sexual activity I become in acute anger. And start weeping. The whole night goes spoiled. Every morning evening I promised myself k no tonight I will not weep I will not tell him to sex or love. Will sleep tonight well. But I can't keep control myself I can't calm myself What I do Please help me please.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.