Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Heena PanditYour feedback matters!
My baby is 6 month old. Want to know can I give her solid food before half an hour of her bedtime in night. Which food should I give that is easy to digest.
Hii Dr. My baby is of 23 days n while feeding I feel pain in nipple due to cracks. N I am using nipcare cream bt it's not helpful. please help me I feel very differently during feeding.
My daughter 2+ still she wont speak, she utter words but can not connect or complete the words. Very active but wont respond for our call. Any help.
My baby is three months old. Recently she has got shaved and I found her head full of dandruff. Is it possible for such small baby to have dandruff. And does she needs to be treated?
My 3 month baby have nose blocking with frequent cough. I give Maxtra and Mucolite drops for 3 times. Is it OK? Is it serious for my baby frequent cough? Tell me as soon as possible.
My 4 year old son having high fever 101.5 under the arm right now. Given paracetamol syrup (5 mg) at 7 pm, please suggest.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.
After my delivery .I have back pain and I gained weight. My baby is now 8 month old. How can I do my day activities normally. Pl suggest me some exercise.
My child have flu problem for last one week he is 3 years old his running nose vomiting stomach problem chest problem What should I do?
My baby is 8 months old. She s very lean. Addition to mother's milk am giving her formula feed also. But she never drink. So am giving her when she's asleep. Is it good??
Hi, my question is to a child/new born specialist. Recently I hv been blessed with a baby girl 4 days back. I would want to know which external feed /milk is best for my baby (cow's milk, buffalo's milk or packed milk powder). Please help me on this because mother's feed is not available in adequate amount to nourish baby at this point of time.
My elder daughter is 8 years old. She do bed wetting in the night daily. Is it normal? What do you suggest to cure this ?
My sister's baby got aborted at 5 month because of lethal cardiac anomaly. Baby had large vsd ,ventricular hypoplasia, pulmonary atresia, common trunk and overriding. She is fearing is it because of them (parents. Is their any factor in the parents that effects even the next baby? Will it affect in the future?
Women's day special
A must follow rule for moms of young toddler - please don't eat leftovers
One rule that all you moms absolutely must follow is to never finish up the food your child has left. Eating the food left over on your child’s plate is a very common phenomenon and this leads to the mom eating double and gaining unnecessary weight.
That food is designed for your kid and is rich in calories, fats which are required for their growth.
Eating even smaller amounts of foods over a period of time can result in substancial weight gain, let it go in the dustbin and please do not treat your stomach like one.