Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. HedgeYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. my problem is sometimes I have pain in my heart and I notice that my heart beats very fast. Recently I left smoking I was a chain smoker. please suggest.?
I am Ramlal, male, 51 years old and have some pressure problem. Sometimes it is 140/80. Can I consume Milk and egg every day. If the answer is no then what type of food will I eat?
Let me brief about my mom(61 years): Past 1) she is diabetic since almost 10 years 2) she has been performed breast cancer treatment in 1995 in ludhiyana 3) she has high blood pressure as well Present 1) she was feeling accessive gastric problem with vomiting and pain in the body not exactly in chest last week 2) she visited her regular doctor who changed few medicines but didn't help 3) she visited another MD (Ajay Singh) next day he performed ECG and diagnosed that ECG is bad and recommended angiography in emergency 4) next day she visited cardiologist Dr Kamaljeet (who also practice in max hospital saket delhi)Â 5) he performed ECG again with ECHO test, he said ECG is not good again but ECHO test results are satisfactory with slight leakage in a valve. 6) he also said the medicine for diabetic was not good for heart patient so he changed the medicinesÂ 7) after having new medicines Mom has improved and feeling better now no gas and no vomit 8) doctor said no hurry for angiography but still that required when she planning to visit me in mumbai on 20th feb One more thing her blood reports are normal with cholesterol in control and BP in control but sugar level(230pp) is still high. Please adviceÂ
When I smoke my heart rate increases and I feel heavy and very fatigued even after a smoke. Joints in my hand pain once I smoke. I smoke 2 to 3 cigarette s a day. I'm 27 and have been smoking for 6 years.
I have done my ecg, 2decho, tmt, thyroid, cholesterol, blood test everything is normal still I get palpitation daily. I have prolomet xl 50, nothings seems to be working, I am having this from from past 7 months. No history of heart problems in family.
Hi, I am planning to study in Australia in few more months, but, according to reports. Australia has the highest chances of getting skin cancer due to UV rays, what are the precautions 1 can take to be safe from skin cancer & what are the symptoms of skin cancer?
I am suffering from dry cough from last two weak and I have chest pain whenever what should be done.
I have chest pain since 5 months because of acidity. I never eat spicy foods. I took so many medicines but pain is not relief .pls give me suggestion how to reduce heartburn or chest pain completely. Which food is better to reduce this pain.
I am suffering from dry cough from last 2 weeks. I have chest problems in heart whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest me what should be done?
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.