Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Harshita PaiYour feedback matters!
Sir I have pain in my leg from three months and I have asked the doctor they told that it is due to damage of nerves in my left leg what should I do?
Just now I got mri report of my lumber it's says gaps between L3, L4 &L5 nd disk blocked in lumber so I am getting pain In back and have sex problem because of disk blocked.
I am a 21 year old boy, I have been back pain problem since last two months, I have try many medicines, still I am not getting relief.
Hi. I have back problem I have lots of pain in it please help me tell some medi please plz plzplz please help.
I am 20 years old. I am suffering from backpain for so many days. I had consulted many doctors but it was proven no use. What should I do now?
I am 23 years old. Sir I am suffering from some problem in stomach continuously gas formed in stomach then its causes I have pain in back and legs. Kindly give me good and helpful suggestion or medicines.
I am having pain in my joint it is very difficult to sit on floor and walking few distance pain is there it very much causing pain cannot control please reply.
I have always getting right hand pain even I scan my hand in that there is no problem but am getting always pain shoulder to last finger why.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.