Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshad Pandya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harshad PandyaYour feedback matters!
If you are considering to be mom soon. Then think about detoxifying your body. A recent study showed that toxin content in breast milk is high in first pregnancies. So consider to do a detox protocol before you think of a baby.
Is there any effect having intercourse after drinking alcohol? Is there any problem in getting pregnancy?
I have started consuming Apple cider vinegar for weight loss from today (in the diluted form). I feel little burning sensation in my body for few minutes. Does it have any side effects? Shall I continue or stop?
I did preg test. It is positive. I am felling sharp pain in my abdomen. And extreme lower back pain. What should i do?
The health and beauty habits we had during our 20s and 30s were fairly simple. We just had to do the basics - wear sunscreen, exercise, and eat healthy foods. During that period of our lives, our bodies were resilient. We could stay up late, have the occasional unhealthy meal, and skip a couple of days at the gym without a problem.
However, by the time you hit your 40s, your body begins to change. Since turning 40, your body parts want to connect with the floor. Not only that, your stomach is sensitive, You can’t stay up past 10 p.m., and if you don’t exercise regularly, again, the whole operation starts inching closer to the floor.
Keeping ourselves healthy and beautiful post-40 takes work. So here are some tips to keep your post-40 body at its most lovely.
- Dietary requirements for women: Until the age of 40, a woman can get away with being a bit naughty about her diet. However, after the age of 40, the important hormones in her body are more imbalanced than before. This imbalance is further accentuated if her lifestyle and nutrition is not managed wisely. According to Ayurveda, a woman over the age 40 has to control her diet aggressively. This can be done by reducing fats and carbohydrates while ensuring the body is nourished by fibers and sufficient amount of vitamins, calcium, minerals and protein.
- Take Your Vitamins: Taking vitamins after 40 is the difference between having healthy looking skin and glossy hair, and having sallow skin and hair that is a dry mess. So take your vitamins - just like when you were a kid!
- Exercise Daily: When you were younger, your body didn’t show the effects of a couple of days of missed exercise. However, when you are in our 40s, working out is critical. Your body quickly loses its agility if you don’t exercise it daily. You don’t have to spend 2 hours a day at an expensive gym. Have a regular exercise regime that you can do consistently is the best gift that you can give yourself.
- Take Care of Your Feet and Back: Your feet and back do big jobs for you. They support your weight and make walking easier or harder, depending on your health condition. For those of us who don’t live in warm climates, we tend to neglect your feet during the winter months because they aren’t visible. However, caring for your feet all year round, including regular pedicures, at home or at the salon, is important to keeping your feet healthy. And our back health is critical. Back injuries do not heal quickly, especially as we age. Make sure to stretch your back daily, sleep on a firm bed, and take care when lifting either children or furniture. Your back will thank you.
- Sleep!: Gone are the days when you can stay up until 2 a.m., and still look great the next day. These days, if you stay up until 2 a.m., the next morning, you look like you are 90. After 40, sleep makes a big difference in one’s appearance. Even after a quick 10-minute nap, you look refreshed and about 5 years younger. So make your sleep a priority.
Yes, taking care of our post-40 bodies is work. Taking care of your body is a full-time job! Well, it may not be that bad in your 40s, but caring for your bodies as you get older requires some effort. However, looking and feeling great will be the payback for a job well done. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.