Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Harshad J Desai

General Physician, Mumbai

Dr. Harshad J Desai General Physician, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Harshad J Desai
Dr. Harshad J Desai is one of the best General Physicians in Malad West, Mumbai. He is currently associated with Choksi Maternity Home in Malad West, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Harshad J Desai and consult privately on

Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Choksi Maternity Home

Marve Road, Malad West, Landmark: Opp Nutan High School, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Harshad J Desai

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Since 4 months I am suffering with itching with round red skin pigmentation in groin region. It disappeared when I apply ointment, but reappear as I leave ointment for more than 3-4 days. Kindly suggest any oral medicine or which suits precisely.

MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, Diploma In Dermatology And Venerology And Leprosy (DDVL), MBBS
Dermatologist, Udupi
You apply Terbest cream twice daily for one month and Itrasys 200 1 capsule daily at bedtime for one week.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

During sex with my ex my penis side skin was damaged and then blood is running I was scared after that I have visit my family Dr. he is giving medicine for that and then it is ok but after that issue I never try to do sex with women. Please kindly give me advice thanks.

MBBS, MD Psychiatry, DNB Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Nagpur
You do not have to be fearful of having sex at all. Injuries to penile skin may occur if not commonly during sex. But once your treated for it and you do not have any raw lesions, it is safe to have intercourse, preferably with a barrier device like condom
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old. I am sufferingfrom psoriasis since 3 years. Because of that I am stressedvery much. Please suggest.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Diploma in Dermatology
Ayurveda, Faridabad
Hello, as you are suffering from psoriasis since 3 years, psoriasis is genetic disorder triggered due to stressful conditions and irregular life style. We are treating psoriasis using ayurvedic medicines. Psoriasis has three stages. First stage is when disease remain on skin and there are scaly patches. Second stage comes when there is pitting on nails and in last stage it enter the joints and there is pain in small joints. Generally patient use steroidal application on patches which give temporary relief and disease reappear after 2/3 days. In severe cases methotrexate is used which is not a safer option and is liver toxic. Ayurveda has got a complete remedy for psoriasis. It is a safer option and can be used for longer duration without any side effects. Ayurvedic external application give very quick results with sun exposure in clearing the scales and internal treatment does not allow the disease to re appear. Psoriasis is a manageable disease and can be managed with ease and effectively using ayurveda. You should use 3 gms of haldi with milk helps in psoriasis patients.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Sir, on april 4th I had a ishomic stroke on left side paralyse now I am fine my query is what kind of food I have to take to improve my left nerves.

MBBS, MD - Community Medicine
General Physician, Jaipur
Balanced diet, including vegetables, milk, fresh fruits, dals, eggs should be part of diet, unless, medically contraindicated. In addition, physiotherapy as indicated should be followed regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Want increase penis size please come on point direct Tell me treatment and price..

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
In reality nothing will increase your natural size and I am giving this blank answer to your question to come to point directly. Most of the youth have misconceptions about penis size and sexual performance .They run after many tricks to increase the penis size! It is not true that Masturbation will cause small penis/ or bend or lack of proper sex and weakness. The size has no relation to the enjoyment or fertility. If you have a penis and it can be erect and ejaculate semen you can have pregnancy and women will enjoy the penetration as only the initial part of the vagina is sensitive and not the length The average penis size of 8.8 cm (3.5 inches) when flaccid, whereas the penis size of 12.9 cm (5.1 inches) when erect Funnily a large number of men believe their penis is small and they cannot satisfy their partner. In fact almost 80- 90 % of women are happy with the penis size of their partner. The circumference or girth (you may say width) is 9 to 10 centimetres (3.5 to 3.9 inches) in flaccid stage. It is 12 cm in erected state (4.7 inches) Men who want surgery to increase the length of their penis should try non-invasive methods like penile traction devices or extenders first, and in some cases, even try therapy to make them feel more confident about their bodies. There is no proven scientific method to increase size, girth or grip of penis although many false claims have been propagated by advertisements. The size is determined by an individual’s genetic build and length actually has no relation with sexual pleasure or satisfaction as many wrongly believe. Be happy with your individual qualities nature has bestowed on you. At present, there is no proof of any non-surgical technique that permanently increases either the thickness or length of a normal penis. Some general research has been done regarding the safety and efficacy (or lack thereof) of the ingredients of various pharmaceutical or quasi-pharmaceutical preparations, but thus far, nothing has emerged to cause mainstream medicine to adopt any of them. There are also risks inherent in some of the more invasive procedures, with negative outcomes ranging from the tearing of skin and scarring, to permanent loss of sexual function.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, I am 25 year old n I am selected in a government bank. But I have hepatitis b, this create any problem in my daily bank work routine? What medicine should I take to cure this?

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
YOu may be in carrier state and this cannot interfere with your work and ther is no treatment o make you completely negative though you may naturally become negative for Hbsag
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering by chronic sinusitis. I do not have pain or sneeze but my nose get blocked usually. Nd watery mucus is there sometimes. I gone through a CT scan nd it says nasal polyps are there with concha bullosa. I do not want to get it done with the surgery. Please help me how can I get rid of it.

Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist, Delhi
please try daily nasal douching with saline water and steam inhalation at night. kindly show once if required - we will try to treat without surgery
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I can't sleep much so that I take sleeping pills, what should I do to reduce this problem?

Ayurveda, Ambala
Due to lack of sleep there are many complications arise such as lack of concentration ,irritability, fatigue . So these are some instructions & methods for good sleep : • Frequent oil massage of head with oil relax your mind and enhances sleep .You can also do foot massage daily it destress you . • Do not take stress . Do meditation and long breathing pranayams to relax the mind. • Do not take caffeine, tea & alcohol in excess and these are stimulant ,(activate) your brain result in lack of sleep. • Avoid drinking alcohol & smoking. • Avoid sleep during day time as it makes it harder to fall asleep at night. •Try to sleep early at night . Do not think during sleep . Do exercise and long walk daily . • Avoid to take sleeping pills because these are habit forming drugs and these drugs disturb your normal sleep pattern. • Take a bowl of curd daily in afternoon and one glass of milk at night daily .
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 years old I have nose sneezing or throat allergic problem I took homeopathic or allopathy medicine but I did not get proper relief what should I do please help I am very unhappy.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
-Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. -Get plenty of rest/sleep.Avoid people who have a cold or cold symptoms. -Drink plenty of fluids(veg/tomato soups,dal water/coconut water/herbal tea etc), and eat nutritious food(like sprouts). Avoid foods or drinks with caffeine -Take only lukewarm water to drink during the day -Use saline nasal sprays or nasal irrigation. -Tablet nasorest-p once/twice daily may ease breathing. -Do steam inhalation once or twice daily. -if its chronic sneezing problem , ucan also take tablet montair -lc once daily
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I want to know how to cure Hiv Aids is there any way or medical treatment to completely cure.

MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS
Dermatologist, Gurgaon
Please go to govt hospital only. AIDS treatment is expensive but absolutely free in govt hospital. if regular time to time investigations are done and treatment done. than the problem is not serious.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m. 24. Earlier I masturbation alot so. Now my Penis can't hold proper erection n loss very fast because of this having problems in intercourse just now I marriage. So plez provide proper cure for my happy life. Naturally.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
The best remedy i can recommend you is as follows Natural home remedy using almonds, cow's milk, ginger powder, cardamom and saffron: Saffron is a mild aphrodisiac 1. Soak 10 almonds in water overnight 2. Peel off the skin and crush them the next morning 3. Take 1 cup hot cow's milk 4. Add the crushed almonds 5. Add a pinch of ginger powder 6. Add a pinch of cardamom powder 7. Add a pinch of saffron 8. Mix well 9. Drink this every morning Surely you will get results.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have stomach problem. I have pain in stomach. So I am not eat oil mixed vegetable.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
Take drotin once daily and Panticid-dsr twice daily ..get ultrasound abdomen done.. Revert with reports
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir, my age 25 i am not married my problem is sex and daily one or two times hand shake comes oil is it problem in future.? Please give me suggestions to me.

General Physician, Mumbai
Don't get involved in daily Mastubation activity and do some kind of work and if possible take help from your family members
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have PCOD since 8 years. I usually would face delayed n prolonged periods. The usual gap between the cycles would be 45 to 50days. But this time its been 65 days and i still didnt get my periods. I know i am.Not pregnant as i already got the pregnancy test done. What would be the possible reasons for the delay?

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA), FIAOG
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
PCOS can cause unusual delay in periods. Consult with doctor and go for some basic tests. Then we can start treatment. But remember, main treatment is in your hand- weight reduction.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Migraine- How to Diagnose

MD - Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Kangra

A migraine is basically a primary headache disorder. It is very common. The most unfortunate part is, it is undertreated and mistreated. How to know whether it is a migraine or some other headache disorder. Migraine patient usually has a headache which is mostly on one side sometimes bilateral in front of the head. It is throbbing headache i. E-patient feels his head will burst if not treated. Patients usually have a feeling of vomitings during the episode. The episode may last from 4hrs to 72 hrs. A migraine headache mainly gets increased on exposure to sunlight and noise. Patients usually get a headache when they are fasting or travelling or any other stress. A migraine usually affects the young people. It runs in families. Migraine headaches initially are very infrequent i. E patients have symptoms once or twice a year. Slowly the frequency increases. And in the end, the patient starts having a daily headache which is very annoying and difficult to treat.

My daughter is 15 years old and she has bed wetting problem since her childhood. She is around 65 kgs weight and not yet matured Is it a problem needs to consult a doctor who. Would that be. Please help.

Diploma in Naturopathy, M.D. Alternative Medicine
Sexologist, Delhi
On first step, go for thyroid level test tsh t3 &t4, and have a sugar test, secondly keep your daughter away from sweets, caffeine like coffee and tea or any other energy drinks. And go for a urine examination for presence of any infection. Get the reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Prevention from heart attack for a person who has multiple blockages in her heart, plus high diabetes and hypertension and thyroid?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Cardiology, Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS - Physician )
Cardiologist, Delhi
If she has blockages and with all these other illnesses, the first thing should be to get the blockages open either by stents or by surgery and continue with medications post that along with strict diabetes control. If you donot choose to get blockages addressed then she can continue on medical therapy but there is no reassurance that she will not have a heart attack.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What should be the ideal sleeping habit with timing for me, I am 21 years girl, doing LLB, hight 5'2" wt. 46 Kg.

General Physician, Kolkata
6-8 hrs in 24 hrs.10pm -5 am. you appear to be underweight .though you have not mentioned your height.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Its been 7 days. Regularly I am suffering severe headache in evening. And it slows down when morning comes. What could be the reason.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including: Alcohol, particularly red wine Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates Changes in sleep or lack of sleep Poor posture Skipped meals Stress Insufficient sleep or rest Overexertion Nutritional deficiencies A secondary headache is a symptom of a disease that can activate the pain-sensitive nerves of the head. Any number of conditions — varying greatly in severity — may cause secondary headaches. Get your blood pressure checked, make a chart. Let me know about the readings, will give you medication accordingly. Also, get eyes tested. Medication: Meantime, can start with homoeopathic medicine - Bakson's Mig Aid tablet/ after every 2 hours.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from headache by increasing my eye number. So give me reason of this problem and prescribe drug for this problem. And second is how to decrease eye number?

Fellowship in Comprehensive Ophthalmology, DOMS
Ophthalmologist, Sangrur
There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If not interested in glasses then you can try a. Contact lens b. Lasik laser as your age is now 23 years so your number will not increase now whether you wear glasses or not as number becomes stable at age of 18-20 yrs. Having said that I advise you to eat balanced diet including green vegetables and seasonal fruits for keeping eyes and body healthy. As you are not comfortable with contact lens then go for lasik. Lasik is a very easy and painless procedure. If you want to get rid of glasses then go for lasik.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed