Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Harshad DevarbhaviYour feedback matters!
I have suffering kolietis decease last 25 years my age 58 years old my weight 40 kg 15 days before I consult my Dr. My hand cramping and mujhe ghabrahat bhi hoti hai Dr. Ne nandrolone inj per week lagane ke liye likha hai unhone 2 inj ka likha hai kya mei 2 inj aur lagvau to nuksan to nahi hoga kripaya salah de ?
I am 23 year old and I have chronic constipation from last one year and now I am suffering from gastric problem like blenching ,wind so give me some advice.
I am 36 years old male suffering from anxiety related symptoms where stomach bloats up under stress Also have chronic abdomen cramping, constipation and gas. 45 days ago had an h pylori diagnosis (after endoscopy which revealed mild chronic gastritis) . Completed triple therapy (amoxicillin, clarithromycin, omeprazole). However feeling severe bloating and chest pressure (becomes more acute under work stress and anxiety) , constipation and cramping. Did a course of Xifaxan , 40 % relief from bloating and cramp severity after taking Xifaxan but still getting severe bloating and occasional nausea. Currently on 1. Nexium once in morning 2. Homeopathy - Lycopodium when uncomfortable Gal bladder has 2 stones (9 mm, 6 mm) and has partial distention. But no pain at all (doctor said it is not an issue at this stage) ECG ,Liver enzymes , creatine - normal / no hepatitis detected in bloodwork/, triglycerides little high Doctor said it is anxiety and prescribed Ativan but I do not want to get myself hooked on to anxiety medications (due to dependence) Is there any alternative therapy/investigations.
Sir food is not digesting so facing some problems - loose motion, not hungry , always pressure tension what type of medicine I should have.
Hello Sir, Mai jo bi kuch khata hu pani bhi pene ke 10 minute bad muje latering ka pressure ban jata hai. Aur mere ultrasound reports bhi normal h.
My 3 years old daughter is suffering from stomach related issues for 1.5 Months. She feels stomach ache (two or three times in a day, last for 10-30 minutes). She is also suffering from gas. She is refusing milk and all time complaining that I have gas. When we supply her meal forcefully she have it but some time he vomit with gas. Apart from it she is also suffering from cold and cough. I have consulted 3 doctors and finally she is under a pediatrician Gastroenteritis. We did following tests and results found normal. 1. Ultrasound whole abdomen 2. Urine and Stool routine 3.Urine and Stool culture Medicine she is taking rit now are: Muout Plus Jar powder- Twice in a day Rantac Syrup- 3.5 ml twice in a day Nizonide syrup- 2.5 ml twice in a day Drotin- 2.5 ml sos if pain Ambrolite syrup-2.5 ml thrice in a day Some test suggested my pedi are: 1. Xray abdomen 2. 25 Hydroxy D3 3. Serum Iga Level 4.CBS 5.TTG (IGA) I am disappointed that she was pretty good till July last week and why her condition is not improving after 1.5 months. Am I missing anything or doing something wrong. Please advise. I can send her all history if required.
I am a 68 years old male. I have an abdominal aortic aneurysm of about 3.9 cm. Can I do all kinds of exercises? What is the relationship between blood pressure and high intensity workout?
I have gerd (gastro esophageal reflux disease) since 2 years Symptoms Abdominal pain and bloating Heart burn Sore throat and feeling of throat narrowing Back pain I am using antacids and prokinetic agents since 2 years But recently these tablets are not reducing my symptoms Doctor changed my prescription 2 times still no use My body is not responding to drugs What I should do.
In am into gyming. I have started taking dainabol (methandrostenolone. 20 mg a day. 10 mg in before gym. And 10 mg before my dinner. From last 5 days. Yesterday I found little clot of blood in my stool. So what would be the reason. Should I stop talking it. Or is it normal?
Hi, I am suffering from gas. This is really unavoidable. I even don't want to eat because of this. What should I do?
My father in law is around 75years old. Recently he has been diagnosed with fatty acid. He used to have rich food and occasional alcohol but no smoking. What is the cure and any dietary restrictions? THanks.
I have been suffering from stomach acidity from fee days suggest some measures to control it by food or medicine.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.