Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Harshad D DesaiYour feedback matters!
I have a migraine problem which isn't getting better. I am taking homeopathic medication for my problem. What can I do to reduce my migraine?
What are the symptoms of hyperhidrosis and how to I will got relief from this problem please help sir?
I have heaviness and cramplike discomfort on rt. Side of stomach below ribs. It moves back to back also. Gas movement, belching,heaviness. Acidity in night.
1. Unwanted hair growth.
2. Increase in weight.
3. Facial pimples.
5. Irregular periods, long periods or no periods.
Untreated pcos may lead to a risk of cancer of uterine lining. Treatment may take couple of months.
When ovulation does not take place, the follicle becomes enlarged to form a cyst (fluid filled sac). Ovaries also make too many male hormones, which causes pimples and hair growth.
Homoeopathic treatment will help you get rid of ovarian cyst.
He is discharged very early what's the problem is this? And what should we do to pass away this problem?
Cold fever from last 2 days and taken medicine for same but still continued the same. What to do for that.
I am suffering from pain in anus while sitting, Gas used to block, in night while sleeping there is huge gas formation which creates noise and unconfort. I used to take harad with castor oil half spoon at night. I was also suffering from bleeding piles 3-4 years before. However there is no bleeding piles as on date.
I have sleeping problem. When I go to bed for sleep I cont get sleep soon. I get sleep after 2 or 3 hours. What to do for sleep soon.
I am 24 years old suffering from mild constipation inspite of drinking 2-3 liters of water. I even getting pimples. Is there any connection with constipation and pimples. Please help me how to get rid of that?
I am having fever for past two days. I think it's because I have caught cold. Suggest me some medicines.
Sir, I am suffering from ibs-c past 11 years. After getting ibs I am loosing my weight gradualy, but from last 2 yrs rapid weight loosing done. In recent colonoscopy report it is stated as internal haemorroids. Is there any life threat for me?
Can you give me some fruit and vegetable names which contain protien and carbohydrate both in large quantity?
My husband is feeling light pain n heaviness in left chest for 10 days. Before 6 month he has taken ecg and 2d echo test. They were normal. Is this pain can b heart related? Or what is tge reason?
When ever a little arguments with any other person related to any the things ,the heart beats rates increases. Please provide me the solution how to keep normal even in any conditions.
My son is 3.5 months old and has a lot of gas in stomach. I want to know that I am breastfeeding and is this problem is due to my diet . Is the health of baby depends on the diet of mother. Kindly suggest me proper diet so that gas will not pass from me to the baby stomach.
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.