Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harshad D DesaiYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I am diabetic last two years my gf 179 or pp 270. I am taking medicine glyciphage G-1. Please suggest to how control over this. Thanks a lot Raj.
I having headache between 9-10 am from last 5 to 6 days and I feel like like vomit too. What should I do?
Hello sir my name is jashan. And sir now I ask you my body Sex weakness so sir please help sir my body now very week.
I have a little problem around left side of my body under my chest But its not pain its like soft pitching from inside that happens twice or thrice in a day Having this feeling since 2months I did consult doctor but he said its mere gas problem I also did blood test from thyrocare package 1.7 In d report there wasn't much of problems what he suggested and handed me medicine for remedy purpose for one month I am having medicine since 7days but no changes Do I need to worry for any thing or shud I get in touch with any other doctor Please suggest.
Good Evening. Please do not discard my request. Please read my problem completely. 3 years back my mother suffered TIA attack something like paralytic stroke after treatment she recovered and takes Telma 20, Deplatt 75, Calaptin 40 mg and Avas 5mg. Everything was going on well even though she had little weakness and did not get her complete strength. But however after 3 years suddenly last week she complained of pain in Right hand a pulling like tight feeling then suddenly she felt her Right hand is very weak and is not like her left hand and felt tingling sensation in fingers of Right hand and lost grip in her Right hand. We were very much worried as to what is this after 3 years again. So we took her to Apollo hospital where Dr. asked for few tests like Lipid profile, ECG, 2D ECHO and Carotid doppler some ultrasound tests. All her tests showed normal. So Doctor said nothing to worry reports are normal but it was again a symptom of TIA Paralytic stroke attack. Doctor changed Deplatt 75 to Deplatt 75 A. Which has (aspirin). Our Doctor said nothing to worry its just come and gone. But this put my family and especially my mother in a lot of fear as to why this stroke effect had come back after 3 years when BP and other reports are normal. I need your help to please tell me is anything serious going to happen to my mother? Is it any indication to serious health problem? She again lost her strength and her confidence of recovery and is having sleepless nights from 1 week. Please assist me. Will my mother be completely cured or will these attack keep coming and going. Please advice if any risk involved. Thanking you Shalini.
Repeatedly I am effecting with Sore Throat infection, I went to doctor he gave medicine, with that medicine I am getting relief for 2-3 days only, again its getting infecting so please suggest me for complete relief.
I am 71 yr old male. Developed sudden fungus/ringworm type rash in groin ares. Look very red. Was itchy, now no itch as have been using ointment zole. But area yet looks angry.Blood and urine reports ok.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Hearing that a person is HIV positive instantly makes us wary of him or her and unconsciously we may begin avoiding social interactions with them. However, HIV does not spread through the air or by water and hence there is no reason to ostracize HIV positive people. To understand how to prevent the transmission of HIV it is essential to first understand how the virus is transferred from one person to another. There are three ways in which this virus can be transmitted from an HIV positive person to another. These are:
- Through blood
- Through bodily fluids such as semen and vaginal or rectal fluids
- From a mother to a child
Keeping this in mind, here are a few ways to prevent the transferring of HIV from one person to another.
- Use only Disposable Syringes: Getting pricked by a needle that has been used on a HIV positive patient can increase your risk of suffering from the disease. Hence, insist on using a fresh needle for blood tests etc. Also ensure that the syringe and needle and destroyed after being used.
- Registered Blood Banks: In case you need a blood transfusion, get blood only from registered blood banks. These blood banks need to run HIV screening tests before collecting blood and hence are guaranteed to have only HIV negative blood as opposed to local quacks.
- Use a Condom: The only way to prevent the transference of HIV cells while having intercourse is by using a condom. This is essential not only for vaginal intercourse but for anal intercourse as well.
- Get Tested: Today, an HIV screening test can be easily done and your results are guaranteed to be kept confidential. STDs can increase your risk of getting infected with HIV or spreading it to others. Get tested regularly for STDs and insist that your partners are checked for it as well. This is crucial if you have more than one sexual partner.
- Limit the Number of Sexual Partners: The more number of people you have sex with, the higher your chance of getting infected with the virus and transmitting it to others. Remember, HIV has no overt symptoms that are visible to the naked eye.
HIV cannot be cured but it can be controlled through medication. Hence, if you suffer from this disease, follow the doctor's prescription religiously to prevent transmitting the virus to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.