Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. HarishYour feedback matters!
When I start studying at night then my head along with my eyes pains a lot. What should I do to cure this?
Hi, I am 15 years old and I read in class 10. And at this time I need of memory nd remember power. But I am losing my remember power. I can't remember the long type questions (marks-2-7. I only remember the very short type questions. But at the time of long questions I read them for 10-15 times nd after 7 days I need to again read it nd after some days again. So how can I increase my remember power. I am in need of it. Nd give me some remember tips.
Hi, I'm Samir and my question is why do my eyes goes inside (don't know how to explain it) when I jog in the morning after a week a so and I look pathetic and all sorts of things. I jog in the morning to reduce my belly fat but instead it goes the other way. Why is it with me only. Everyone complains me about my eyes digging deep within my face. Please help me.
Since 4-5 months I have been noticing my eyes turn bloody red immediately after taking shower and turn normal after 30-40 mins. What could be the possible causes and remedies?
I have swollen eyelids for 15 days now. It maybe a sty. What should I do to reduce the swelling immediately?
Eyelid spacer grafts are widely used by cosmetic surgeons for treating abnormalities in the lower eyelid. Spacer grafts are surgically used for tectonic support. Spacer grafts are scientific and the technology used helps in virally inactivating tissues, and also in the preservation and sterilization of tissues. They are immunologically and biologically safe. Eyelid spacer grafts are commonly used after undergoing a blepharoplasty surgery of the eyelids
When are eyelid spacer grafts used?
Many people have puffy and fat eyelids. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which effectively cures such disorders. The process involves removal of extra fat and skin from the lower eyelids and trimming of excess skin. Eyelid retraction is another condition pertaining to the eyelids, where the eyelids look like they have been pulled down. This condition arises from the removal of too much skin during blepharoplasty. Loose ligament support and excess scarring in the eyelids also lead to eyelid retraction. When this condition does not cease in the post- operational period, eyelid spacer grafts may be used.
Benefits of eyelid spacer grafts
- Eyelid spacer grafts are effective and helpful in a large number of conditions. The major benefit of spacer grafts is to repair lowered eye retraction after carrying out a blepharoplasty surgery.
- The eyelids are lengthened vertically as a result of using eyelid spacer grafts. This helps in better closure of the lids and also reduces eye irritation in patients.
- The eyelids are made to look more natural when they are in resting position. Spacer grafts are placed at the back of an eyelid. Thus, they are not visible from the outside.
- The recovery time after using eyelid spacer grafts is almost the same as most eyelid surgeries in general. The results are usually very effective.
- Eyelid space grafters are not the only ones used for repairing eyelid retraction, but these are certainly one of the most efficient ones. They give proper support to the lower eyelid, which is required for the proper closure of the eyelids and maintain proper eyelid positioning after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- Eyelid spacer grafts ensure permanent cure of eyelid retraction, and it is unlikely that this disorder will occur again after eyelid spacer grafts have been used.
- Eyelid spacer grafts have proven to be one of the best remedies for eyelid retraction, which many people experience after having a blepharoplasty surgery. There are different types of eyelid spacer grafts that will be recommended by your surgeon to correct eyelid retraction, depending on your case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I am suffering from the problem of Tosis in left eye and it was operated 2 times but there is no difference. Please tell me what should I do?
My daughter is having eye problem. Left hand eye looks smaller as compare to right hand eye. The left hand eye is not opening completely so looks smaller in our view. When we consult doctor as per them need to operate at the age of 8 to 9 years. But presently what we facing that whenever she can get fever or cold that particular eye will get swell. We do not know what to do, please suggest and provide your feedback in this problem. Awaiting for your response.
I am 25 year old male and diagnosed with eales disease by my doctor. It started 4 days back when I experienced floaters and hazy vision through my right eye. After consulting my doctor, he observed vitreous hemorrhage and occluded vessels. I have carried out tests suggested by him like x- ray chest P/A, MT, complete blood haemogram with ESR. All the reports are normal and I am waiting to consult him. I am still not able to make out what is the reason for the disease. As suggested by him, I will have to go through fungus fluorescin angiography of both the eyes after a week and accordingly may have to go through a surgery. I am really scared and nervous. I am not to able to work and study. Kindly guide me. I will be really grateful.
Dear Doctor, I am 49, Male, Diabetic but always remains normal, now a days feeling my head and eyes too much warm and hot after having worked on computer for two hours. Kindly provide me some good suggestion and advice. Thanks Zulfiqar.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.