Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Haren ShahYour feedback matters!
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies.
Hello sir. I am suffering from sinusitis since childhood. I can't even breathe properly. Due to the blocking of my nasal cavity. In winter it I too high. Please specify the best treatment for this problem. I am still 19. I don't want to undergo any surgery. Even my nose is swollen because of that.
Sote Samay kharate ate hai kaafi taklif hoti hai mujhe bhi hoti hai wife ko bhi hoti hai Aur bachhoun ko bhi hoti hai mere ma baap ko bhi hoti hai. Jab Main Apni sasuraal mein jata houn to Wahan bhi mujhe kaafi taklif Ka samna kerna padta hai, jisse mere Aur wife mein Kabhi Kabhi jhagda bhi hota hai. Koi upay ya dawai btaye. Bhai ne dawai dilayi thi lekin Koi Fayda Nhi hua, Kayi doctor se consult kiya lekin Phir bhi Koi Fayda Nhi hua.
Hello doctors I have problem in my ear due to excess use of headphones now I avoid to listen song in headphones so what can I do to cure soon.
I have severe block nose problem and have done ct and mri but the tract is wide open so need for surgery and the consultant says it is allergy. Please guide.
My baby is getting cold frequently. His chest is congested and nose is running. He is 1 year 2 months old. He was born premature at 7 months. Last time due to wrong treatment of some doctors he needed blood transfusion due to dropped blood count by heavy medicine for cold. Please help.
How I solve my problem of blood come from nose? In summer I have bp low problem how I solve this problem.
In my Right sided nose fully blocked nd I lost my smelling sensations. Shortness of breathe at night. How can I cure this doctor.
I have been suffering from sinusitis for the last 2 years. The problem is severe during the day time. It occurs periodically, normally it happens every 2 weeks. I feel irritated and seems like getting angry those times. Please, tell me doctor, is that signs of migraine ? What should I do ?
Please help .tell me about the problem. Please read my CT .and tell me about what is the problem. NHL pns. Medial wall part of anterior wall of right maxillary sinus. Part of right ethmoid sinus and the right nasal turbinates are deficient? Post treatment. Polypoidal mildly enhancing thickening noted mainly along the floor of right maxillary sinus.(12 mm×15 mm) Left maxillary sinus is hypoplastic. Mucosal thickening also noted along the anterior part of nasal septum of the right side. Slight DNS noted to the left side. mucosal thickening noted in the sphenoid sinus also. Please tell me about my problem. That you have seen there in My ct.
Nasal Hair Function
Nasal Hairs filter for dust pollen spores viruses and bacteria.Particles stick to the wet surface of your nose hairs, prevents them from reaching your lungs and causing infection
Eventually it blow the nasties into a tissue or swallow them to be destroyed in the stomach