Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Handa S R
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Handa S RYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors. I have one problem. That whenever I will heard about some incident or shock news my heart beat fast. And I feel anxiety and weakness could you please suggest me. How to make my heart strong.
According to statistics put forward by the world health organization, high blood pressure affects about 600 million people all over the world and causes about 5 million premature deaths every year.
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is many times called the silent killer as it doesn't reveal any visible damage. But it does cause significant damage to the heart, brain, eyes and kidneys.
What are the causes of hypertension?
Certain factors cause your arteries to have consistently high levels of blood pressure and based on these factors your hypertension gets classified into the following:
- Primary hypertension: if the condition doesn't have an identifiable cause, it is known as primary hypertension. This form of high blood pressure develops slowly but surely over many years.
Secondary hypertension: this type of hypertension is characterized by identifiable causes that can be corrected with treatment. About 5-10% of cases in the world are secondary in nature. It is usually caused by an underlying problem and tends to appear all of a sudden.
Symptoms of very high blood pressure-
If your blood pressure is extremely high, there may be certain symptoms to look out for including:
- Severe headache
- Fatigue or confusion
- Vision problems
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
- Pounding in your chest, neck or ears
Hypertension risk factors--
Although the exact cause of hypertension (high blood pressure) is unknown, there are several factors and conditions that may increase risk. These are:
- Overweight and obesity
- Little or no exercise
- Too much salt in the diet
- Raised cholesterol levels in blood
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Ethnic background (black person of African or Caribbean descent or of South Asian descent)
- History of high blood pressure in the family
Role of homeopathy in treating high blood pressure
Apart from conventional forms of medicine, homeopathy is also considered to be an effective treatment of high blood pressure. The treatment is tailor-made to your needs as it takes into consideration your external and internal environments. This is because the experiences that you may have and the characteristics of the disease that you display are not the same as the other affected person. It works by viewing your disease as a disturbance that affects your entire body and not just a specific body part.
It not only cures blood pressure but also the reason for high blood pressure so that it does not increase again when your mind or body faces stress.
Conclusion: Apart from medication to reduce stress one should go for meditation to lower down BP.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My father undergo angioplasty few months ago, I would like what sort of precautions should he take to keep his cholesterol under control?
What is hypertension and what are the characteristics of hypertension? To find out hypertension any tests is there?
I am suffering from hypertension. I feel burning sensation on the top of my head. What's the reason behind this. And what should I do for this ?
My father is suffering from Hypertension problem but at afternoon time 11 to 2 pm his heart beat increases and he start sweating and shivering also. Also in echo test his EF is 60% which might be low. So please advice me what should I do now.
Sir, ap kaisi hooo. Mera presure 100/60. Me sarir bahat weak. Me polybion l syrup, Revital H use kar raho. Konsi medicine use karna please muje batao.
I have been told by Dr. to do CT scan of heart to be sure if there is any blockage as I keep getting panic attack that I will die due to heart attack Is CT scan safe google says it can cause cancer is it worth doing CT scan.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.