Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. H P ModyYour feedback matters!
80% of all people suffer from (lbp) low back pain at least once in their lifetime. So, if you are having one, no big deal. But if your back pain continues beyond reasonable time (say, about 6 weeks) or recurs frequently, then something must be wrong with your health habits. To find out what, you should ask yourself these questions:
#1 am I sitting the wrong way?
A slouch sitting on a badly designed chair for a long time produces considerable amount of lbp. Sit straight with butts deep inside the seat so that your thighs are completely supported. Your feet should be supported too, instead of hanging in the thin air, so adjust the chair height or get a foot rest. It is best to add a cushion in the lumbar area (the hollow of your back opposite the umbilicus). A rolled up towel works fine, but if you are the spending type then you can order the mckenzie roll.
Invest in a good ergonomic chair if you are on a sitting job, mind you, the costliest is not the best, so look for user review or expert opinion while choosing one.
#2 am I bending too much?
Frequency of flexion (forward bending) is a known risk for lbp. In fact a study has shown if you control forward bending early in the morning there is significant improvement in the low back pain. So, next time use a broom with a log handle, tie the shoelace with the foot over the stool, bend the knees instead of stooping when you pick up something from the floor. In short, stop forward bending as much as possible.
#3 are my daily activities taking a toll on my back?
Are sundays/leisure days better than a working day? if yes, then most probably your adls (activities of daily living) are over stressing your back. Remember, there are two ways to perform any work, the wrong way: when you hurt your back and the right way, when you protect it. If your job involves sitting for prolonged time without much movement, lifting and carrying heavy objects, riding two wheelers or operating machines that vibrates a lot then you should take frequent rest in between and exercise.
#4 am I performing the correct exercise?
First, are you exercising at all? studies have shown sedentary lifestyle is a known risk factor for back pain. So, if you do any physical activity you are positioned better prevent lbp.
If you are already suffering from lbp then depending on your type of pain you need to perform specific exercises. There is no single exercise prescription that cures them all, so consult a good physio who will show you the correct set of exercises. While in most cases a properly designed exercise regime is sufficient to get rid of low back pain, a wrong set of exercise may have a disastrous effect on the back pain.
#5 am I suffering from an underlying disease?
While most back pains are mechanical in nature (overload related) a variety of systemic diseases are associated with low back pain, ranging from forms of arthritis to cancer to kidney stone. The hallmark of a mechanical back pain is it changes intensity with body posture. Still, when in doubt, always seek professional help.
#6 am I suffering from stress?
Stress can both produce back pain and delay the recovery. Negative emotions like depression, anxiety, anger, tension etc have far reaching implications on health issues like back pain than we commonly realize. If this is the case for you then don't ignore it. There are a number of ways to de-stress, you need to choose what suits you.
I always feel jealous when I see people better than me and I always compare my face body with other people and then get depressed.please help me get rid of such thinking?
Hi doctor. I am 30 years old male and I worried for my self please help. My concern is every morning I am feeling over energetic, speaking/debating/verbly fighting alot with others on any random topic, troubling to focused on work and also I am not having proper sleep always something happening in my mind. By profession I am a senior 3d artist in a computer generate gaming company working hours 8 to 5 plus 2.5 hrs travelling time daily. Please tell me its normal or I am sick or something.
Actually I wanna ask you to give me the information about I have stomach pain over 5 days but not continuously so give me your suggestion what could I do in this case and what things in daily routine I have to avoid in taking meals and give me your best suggestion so that I could recover in a few hours or days.
I panic or feared whenever someone give me some task. How to overcome this problem through some exercise.
A nasal polyp is a growth within the nasal cavity, which may cause problems with your health. Smaller polyps don't tend to create any problem, but larger ones can cause breathing difficulty, sneezing problems, losing the sense of smell and a dampening of taste as well. Conventional medicine usually prescribes surgery, but homeopathy has effective cures to reduce the polyp and lessen the symptoms over time.
Cures for nasal polyps in Homeopathy:
1. Phosphorus: This medication is especially effective if you have nasal polyps that bleed. This is effective with people who have a tall and slender build and tend to develop a thirst for cold water as the polyp grows within them. The polyps may bleed regularly and also block the nostrils in such a way that they get a circular motion when breathing.
2. Lemna Minor: This medicine is very effective when there is an intense level of nasal blockage and you are experiencing anosmia or a loss of the sense of smell. These kind of nasal polyps tend to worsen during the wet season and can even cause a thick white discharge from the nose which has a foul smell.
3. Calcarea Carbonica: Useful in the cases of people who are overweight, some homeopathic doctors tend to prescribe this medication in cases where a person may be quickly affected by seasonal changes, such as hot to cold or cold to hot weather. Other symptoms where this medication is applicable are:
- Frequent sneezing
- Profuse sweating during the night
- Sore nose
- Small amounts of white discharge
- Nostrils are mostly dry
4. Conium Maculatum: This medication is very effective if you have a dry nose, which seems to get sudden discharges irregularly. Instead of a loss of smell, you may develop a more acute sense of smell. If the patient is suffering from frequent sneezes and complains of nasal blocks in the morning, conium can be an effective remedy
5. Sanguinaria Canadensis: This medicine is know be a great remedy primarily for polyps, which are right sided or occur within the right nostril of the nose. Some of the symptoms where Sanguinaria Canadensis is very effective are:
- Profuse amounts of nasal discharge
- Frequent sneezing
- Swollen nasal membrane
- Right sided headache along with right sided blockage of nostrils
Night fall or wet dreams is a very common occurrence in men, especially in adolescents. This condition is characterized by involuntary ejaculation of semen while sleeping at night or in the early hours of the morning. The problem can sometimes become frustrating for young men because they fail to understand the reason for it and cannot discuss it with their parents or peers out of shame. The frequency of these nocturnal ejaculations may vary from person to person. Some people only experience it in their adolescent years and some people experience it throughout their lives. Frequent night falls can cause laziness, lesser sensation in the genital regions, burning sensation after urination and low libido.
What are the causes?
Night fall is common at a young age when a man abstains from sex. But if they persist and become more frequent, they can create adverse effects upon the body. The major causes are stated below
1. Weak nerves, congested prostate gland and inability to control emotions are considered as primary causes of frequent night fall
2. Males having sex or performing self-stimulation frequently can become prone to night fall
3. Side effects of medicines like tranquilizers, high blood pressure medicines, sedatives etc. can also increase the frequency of night falls
4. Lethargic lifestyle, diabetes, obesity, long sitting hours, low libido, stress, anxiety and depression affect the balance of hormones, weakening the nerves and causing night fall
How can it be controlled?
1. Exercises and jogging keep the body fit and taking a bath before sleeping relaxes the mind and aids in sleeping, therefore reducing the possibility of night fall
2. Urination right before going to bed can help in preventing nightfall
3. Having yogurt twice or thrice a day can reduce the chances of getting wet dreams
4. Refraining from watching porn or sexually explicit visuals before going to bed will keep nightfall at bay
5. Reading books before going to sleep can reduce the possibility of getting wet dreams. However, a book dealing with sensuous themes can make it worse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.