Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. H P ModyYour feedback matters!
I am having loose stool during morning time. Its not completely loose like loose motion. Bt still I have pain .i am getting too tired after passing my bowel.
Toxic shock syndrome is a severe condition resulting from a bacterial infection. This infection is caused by the bacteria, Staphylococcus Aureus, which enter the bloodstream. Once into the bloodstream, the bacteria start producing toxins in the body. This is common among menstruating women who have a habit of using super-absorbent tampons. It can, however, also affect men and children.
In case of toxic shock syndrome, one might experience symptoms of low blood pressure and fever. Dryness of the eyes and the mouth, muscle pain and diarrhea are also common symptoms of this disorder. Your blood pressure may drop suddenly, making you prone to fatigue and nausea.
This type of infection occurs when the bacteria enter the body through a cut or sore on the skin. Women who use tampons during their menstrual cycles are vulnerable as tampons happen to be thriving spots for bacteria if aren’t changed frequently. Fibers present in the tampons may also create friction against the vagina, thus creating an opening for the bacteria to enter the bloodstream.
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors for toxic shock syndrome:
- Presence of an open wound on the skin
- Giving birth to a child
- Using vaginal sponge or diaphragm as contraceptives
This disorder is considered to be a medical emergency. To combat the bacterial infection, antibiotics are administered into the body via intravenous means. The course of the antibiotic treatment lasts for about 7-8 weeks. There are other treatments for this disorder, which mainly depend on the causes. If the cause of the disorder is a tampon or a vaginal sponge, then it will need to be removed from the body. In case of a wound being the cause, the pus from the wound will need to be drained. Blood pressure medications are also possible treatment modes for toxic shock syndrome.
You can also follow these preventive measures:
1. Replace your tampon regularly
2. Avoid using super absorbent tampons
3. Use sanitary napkins when the volume of bleeding is low
4. In case of wounds, keep the area clean and dry
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Suggest me how should I increase height after 21. Im 5.6 inches. What kind of diet should I have. And the exercises also.
My teeth appear so yellowish. Even brushing of my teeth looks yellow. How can it will be remove nd make it whitish.
I guess I have borderline personality disorder. I studied the symptoms thats why I feel it. I feel depressed and full of anxiety. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks.
I am 56+ years age working lady. Suffering from left knee problem while walking, sitting & standing. Only pain, no swelling. What to do? I have no. Diabetics, no pressure etc.
Hello, Actualyy i have acne problem since last 2-3 years and it is mainly one side of face more than other and its also occurs sometime when hair growth increase on face. Please suggest
Sir today at morning I went for running as I ran fast my right testicle started panning and is stills pain when I walk. Pls tell me any solution to overcome this.
I am suffering, from back pain, don't know what to do, my age is 22 only, sex Male, please help me out of this.
I am losing hair quickly & have tried all oill & shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do, can you please help me with this.
I am two month pregnant. My wait is increasing very rapidly. And my tummy becomes out in two months like 3-4 months. Har koi khne lga h ki abi se itna tummy dikhta h. I am in tension. How I manage my wait now a days. Can you please suggest any helpful ideas and diet chart for pregnant lady which can help to maintain weight and also good for baby. My fat deposits on thigh, Upper arms, waist, Upper back. I can't wear my old dresses.
I am 23 years old and having this problem from last 4 years. For whatever reason after masturbation I will feel an overwhelming urge to urinate (it feels like I need to empty a bucket from my bladder) and I will sit down to the toilet and realise whatever amount of urine that is in my bladder but no matter how much there is the undieing urge to urinate still remains. It does not happen very often and at times it will be worse than others but I am often reduced to begging god for mercy (i am not lining I literally have to do it its so bad) and it happens about 1-2 times every 2 months. I also have a slight pain in my urethra just bellow the tip of my penis. Also I have found when larger amounts of semen are ejaculated the problem does not occur but when I have a large orgasm with not much semen coming out I get the problem. And somehow massaging the scrotum during masturbation also help relieve the problem significantly. oh and I also forgot to note that the unbearable desire to urinate will eventually calm down in an hour or so. I would very much like to get some help on what exactly is wrong with me as it is very uncomfortable and would not like to have it as part of my life in the many years to come, thanks in advance.
From last few days my beard hair of some space has gone missing. I also do not know how it's done? Please help me.
I am suffering from pcod. Not getting regular periods n if I get them its very scanty n only happens for one day. What is the best solution n who will be the best for me to consult. Im 27 yrs old.
I want to loose my wight and also my tummy. I try some exercise daily but there is no result of that. please give me some advise to loose my wight.
In a society that constantly inundates us with the next best diet, it can be difficult to stay focused and know what's actually beneficial and effective for healthy weight loss. Stress is one of the most significant causes of weight gain in our society, so the last thing we need is to stress out about that! is there a way to lose weight and keep it off without losing your sanity and jumping from diet to diet, only to relapse and start the cycle again? there is and it has been road-tested for the last 5, 000 years.
Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine developed in India, is the sister science of yoga. It seeks to prevent disease and promote health, balance, and longevity through simple guidelines that follow the natural rhythms of nature, the seasons, and the time of day.
Here are eight Ayurveda tips that can naturally and gently guide you toward holistic and healthy weight loss, without the use of chemicals, processed food, or extreme diets.
- Drink a large glass of warm water with organic lemon in it upon waking to stimulate the bowels. This boosts the entire digestive system and gives you a fresh start to your day.
- Exercising enough to break a sweat is suggested as a daily morning practice for healthy weight loss; 45-60 minutes is ideal, but even 30 will do. Find an activity that you can do for the rest of your life, or at least for the foreseeable future.
- Find five to 10-or more minutes of peace and relaxation in the morning. Mind/body practices like yoga, meditation, and qi gong elicit a relaxation response in the body. This helps to alleviate stress, one of the main causes of weight gain. It also puts us in a more mindful and present state of mind, allowing us to be better decision-makers as our day proceeds.
- Eat three meals a day, with no snacking. Food is a fast-burning fuel, and when your body is given a constant fuel line, it forgets how to burn fat. Have breakfast, a medium-sized meal, between 7: 30 and 9: 00 am. Have lunch, your largest meal, between 11: 00 am and 2: 00 pm. Have dinner, your smallest meal, between 5: 30 pm and 8: 00 pm, when your digestion is weakest.
- Eat with the season, and preferably the region. Through the long, hot days of summer, mother nature offers us high-carbohydrate fruits and fresh vegetables to keep us cool and energized. In the fall and winter, the bounty consists of root vegetables, stored nuts, seeds and fruits, heavier meats and cheeses, and stored grains to insulate us from the cold. In the damp days of spring, nature brings us berries, green leafy vegetables, and sprouts to cleanse us from the heavy and acidic winter diet. When we eat as much organic and local food as possible, and feast on seasonal, whole foods, our bodies naturally digest and assimilate nutrients.
- Experience all six tastes. In Ayurveda, we recognize six tastes: sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter, and astringent. Be sure to incorporate all six tastes into your daily diet. Sweet, sour and salty tastes are anabolic, or building, in nature and need the pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes, which are catabolic, or burning in nature, to balance them out. Too many sweet, sour, and salty tastes, as seen in the standard American diet, can cause fast weight gain. Foods that are bitter, such as leafy greens; pungent, such as spicy chili peppers; and astringent, such as pomegranate seeds, offer healthy counterpoints to the building nature of the sweet, sour, and salty tastes.
- Move a little after each meal. Going for short walks after each meal stimulates peristalsis and digestion. It's most important to go for a walk after lunch, preferably 10 to 20 minutes at a moderate pace. If possible, lie on your left side after walking for 10 minutes to further aid in digestion.
- Go to bed with the sun, and rise with the sun. Tapping into our natural circadian rhythms creates a major hormone-balancing effect. Anthropologically speaking, our ancestors had no reason to stay up late at night. They would have slowed down when the sun went down, and maybe sat around a fire or a candle for a while before calling it a day. The screens that we stare at late at night cause stimulation in the brain that keeps us awake and wired after our body naturally wants to slow down. Two hours before bed, start to limit your screen time. Go to bed before 10: 00 pm, when we get our second wind. Obtaining a proper seven to nine hours of sleep a night gives the body time to detoxify and reset for the next day and helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol (a stress-response hormone that causes weight gain).
These eight steps can have profound effects on your life. However, it's vitally important to meet yourself where you are, in order to maintain sanity and not create more stress. Decide if this plan is something you want to take on full throttle, or if just a piece or two could be incorporated into your routine at this time. It's okay to begin with small steps. Slowly but surely, the wisdom of Ayurveda can help lead you toward stress-free, healthy weight loss.