Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. H. M. MauryaYour feedback matters!
Sir i have loosing my skin colour of penis's top and it is increasing slowly. Checked by skin specialists but the prevention they gave did not rectify the problem. Any suggestios
Merko khasi lgbhg. 1.5 yr. Se. Ho rhi mne Dr. Ko dikhaya ayurvedic .dr ko unhone blood test kia esnophylia bda hua tha. 11 %tha. Bt fr ab 8 % ho gya h.lkin tb v khasi nhi gyi saas lene m bdi prob hoti thi .thook v nhi satk pata tha .saans muhh kholkr leni prti thi. Fr mne. Ent Dr. Ko dikhaya ayurvedic me he. Waha unhone check kia. Toh unhone jo jo bola wo v hta tha meko luk sneezing. Sirdard .infection btaya pr med thi. Med se fayda hua kuch din tk. Fr bss fayda wahi tk he h .ab v.thore din bd koi fayda nhihua tb se. Pl suggest me whats the prob I have. What to do.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pain
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver, which may often progress to dangerous complications. There are many types of Hepatitis and each has its own particular set of causes, symptoms, mode of contraction and treatment procedures. Here are the main types of Hepatitis as well as some of the factors which may cause Hepatitis:
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A virus infection causes this condition. The Hepatitis A virus comes from food or water contaminated with the feces of someone contaminated with Hepatitis A. This is not a chronic form of Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis B: This is a chronic form of Hepatitis. It is spread through body fluid, such as blood, saliva and semen. The possible causes of Hepatitis B include use of drugs through injections, having sex with an infected partner and sharing razors or other intimate articles with someone who is infected.
- Hepatitis C: This is also a chronic form of Hepatitis.The most common causes of Hepatitis C are injection drug use or having sex.
- Hepatitis D: This is a not a chronic form of Hepatitis and is also very uncommon. It is usually contracted along with Hepatitis B. It is usually caused due to puncture wounds or contact with infected blood.
- Hepatitis E: This is the most uncommon form of Hepatitis. It is due to poor sanitation and ingesting fecal matter. It is usually found in developing countries.
- Virus: This is the usual way of contracting Hepatitis. The virus attacks the liver and causes inflammation leading to the breakdown of a number of body systems.
- Alcohol and other toxins: Alcohol and certain prescribed medications cause the liver to swell and that is why this form of Hepatitis is known as alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Autoimmune disease: This is the rarest cause of Hepatitis. The immune system malfunctions and begins destroying its own tissues. It attacks the liver because it perceives the liver to be a foreign object.
Hi sir I am suffering from gastric problem since 1 year. Infact I had gone on 400 kms kawar yatra in jul last year for 8 days and after that I am having this severe problem. I have consulted the doctor and diagnosed with a small ulcer. The ulcer is healed but still I have a lot of belching with pain in chest areas and sometimes in neck and lower left hand. I am continually feeling depressed as I am taking medication and no effective result. Sometimes I feel I may have heart issues but ECG and x ray reveals no problems. My recent endoscopy shows no problems. Should I consult with psychologist. Is this problem can be due to stress. I am feeling stressed and have irregular sleep patterns.
Hi doctor I am 29 years from delhi I have erection problem, I have married since 2 years and I have also premature ejaculation Problem, I don't have any kid also I am trying since married but still not happened, I also feel that I have very low sperm volume, kindly suggest.
Erectile dysfunction can severely limit life’s simple pleasures. It may also cause strife in one’s marital life and be a cause for social embarrassment and low self-esteem. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction According to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction is usually caused due to a number of factors which include lifestyle habits, physical as well as psychological issues. Defects within the spinal cord, injuries or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An overly abusive childhood or sex associated with guilt may also be responsible. In Ayurveda, the disorder is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this, may, thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How can Ayurveda help cure ED?
According to Ayurveda, ED is basically a condition of low vitality. Generally, vitiation of vata dosha is responsible for Klaibya or ED. On the basis of the cause, seven types of Klaibya are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts, e.g. Manasik klaibya is caused by psychological factors, Doshaj klaibya is caused by physiological factors, Shukrakshayaj is caused by deficiency of Shukra dhatu, Vyadhi is cause by some other disease like diabetes, Aghataj is caused by surgical or accidental trauma, Shukranirodhaj is caused by suppression of sexual urge and Sahaj means congenital.
Ayurveda takes a more holistic approach. The exact combination of the methods and the exact implementation chosen may vary according to the specific causes.
- Vajikarana therapy – This is a holistic cleansing process that aims to correct the bodily faults which might have been causing ED. It includes certain processes, such as controlled regurgitation, to flush out toxins from the body, specially designed Ayurvedic massages, a tailor made diet, and various other herbal concoctions which can rejuvenate one’s vitality.
- Specified drugs to correct ED – Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective as well; both in the form of special Ayurvedic medicine or home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Bringing in lifestyle modifications – Drinking excessively, smoking and consuming junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as other imbalances within the body. These may affect pressure or sugar levels in your body as well as the heart’s condition, thus resulting in ED. Ayurveda requires one to cut down on or quit certain habits related to one’s lifestyle which might be causing ED.
- Yoga and meditation – Regular exercises would definitely help in this regard. Meditation and yoga would thus be an integral part of the treatment process. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!