Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. H KodialYour feedback matters!
How can do for brain is why working properly and sharp. And my eyes weak so hw can I do for eyes feeling relax?
Hi I am 30y male. I am huge smoked cigarette in day. Now felt some time pain in head and chest. Now I planning to quit smoking. Will you suggest me how could I drop this bad habit. I try alot but. Read more.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoqms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
I'm 19. My eye sight was increasing day by day. I heard that eye sight will be increasing till the age of 23. Is it true? Can I take laser treatment after completing my 23. What is the best way to avoid specs.
Hello. Good evening. Doctor I have dark circles under my eyes. I use to wear specs due to my poor eye sight. It's look very ugly. It is the sign of unhealthy physic. I tried so many ornaments to get rid of this problem. But I didn't get any results. There also have some pimple spots in my cheek. I'm getting very depressed due to all this factors. Please give me some permanent solutions that I can overcome all this problems. Kindly give answer to my question. Waiting for your answer.
Eye fatigue is a condition where the eyes are constantly tired and in some amount of pain as well. The other symptoms of this condition can also include swelling, burning and itching. Other ailments and conditions in the body like computer vision syndrome and others can cause this condition as a side effect and it should be referred to an ophthalmologist at the earliest for treatment.
So what else do we know about tired eyes or eye fatigue? Here are our list!
- Causes: Usually, this condition may be caused by activities that require the constant movement and focus of the eyes for tasks like reading, writing, focusing on the glare and flicker found in computer screens or on smartphones, and more. Also, driving for a long time and exposing the eyes to too much sunlight can lead to this condition. Video games and handheld devices may also lead to the same. Also, the presence of more serious ailments in the body as well as computer vision syndrome that hits roughly 50 to 60% of workers who use computer screens on a daily basis and for long hours, can lead to this condition. Lack of sleep and a poor diet that does not have plenty of nutrients can also cause this condition and other related symptoms.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms of this condition including redness, itching, burning, swelling, watery eyes and much more, which will leave the eyes feeling tired. Also, blurred or cloudy vision may be experienced by patients for whom this condition has become more severe. The patient will also end up facing difficulty when it comes to focusing or driving for long periods of time, and headaches may take over after a few hours of reading or computer screen times. Also, related symptoms include acute pain and dull aches in the neck and shoulders which can trickle down to the upper back region.
- Treatment: The best treatment for this condition is with the help of lifestyle changes like cutting down your working hours and taking frequent breaks. Also, you could place your computer screen at least 20 to 26 inches away from your face while you are working so that your eyes are at a more comfortable distance and do not get affected too easily. You must also try and limit your screen time in terms of hand held device usage. A doctor may also carry out an eye exam and prescribe artificial tear inducers or bifocal lenses to deal with the problem.
Persistent eye fatigue must be checked by an ophthalmologist who will arrive at a proper diagnosis and treatment.