Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurmeet MangatYour feedback matters!
I am known patient of cancer on right lateral boarder of tongue. Operation of right hemiglossectomy & right sond was done on 15th Nov, 2014. Five chemotherapy and 30 radiotherapy completed on 31st Jan, 2015. PET CT SCAN done on 16.7. 2015 by SPANDAN diagnostic center reports" A nodular enhanced lesion (1.63 cm x 1.12 cm) is seen in left lateral boarder of tongue, showing increased FDG uptake. An ill defined irregular mass with increased FDG uptake is also seen at left side of base of tongue. The mass and nodule appeared as continuous. PET CT SCAN done by AIIMS on 19.8. 2015 reports" Ill defined soft tissue thickening with increased FDG uptake noted involving left lateral boarder of tongue which extends till floor of the mouth. PET CT done by AIIMS again on 5.12. 2015. It also reports same as earlier. But I do not have any complain today. I am afraid of the impression derived by the AIIMS" Metabolically active residual / recurrent disease involving tongue and floor of mouth" What should I do?
Hello Doctor, my mom has pain in her knees ( that is called "Bai ka dard") .She is 48. She is suffering this since 2 years. Is there any medicine to control that?
My wife is 63 years old swellig in both knees and having a tremandus pain in both knees with swelling also she does like have operation of knee replace-ment. Please advice accordingly. Thanks.
Hello doctor I am 44 old years women and having pain in knees and feets because of lack of calcuim in my body. Apart from this I am having vericose veins which is very thin and increasing day by day. Kindly advise.
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.
I am diabetic since last 2 years. Now I have leg burning issue as well as lots of pain in legs. Also knee paining. Doctor found no pulse in legs. What are solutions for said issues.
Hi I want to know that my mother is suffering from knees pain that it is save to have there operation or we should give her some medicine.
Hi, I am 25 year old, work in a software company. From past 1 month I am feeling pain in my left knee. Whenever, I move my knee to and fro, a sound cracks and it pains. I consulted a doctor. He said, your bone is soft so it happening and common for this age and recommended to do some physio exercise. Generally, I do yoga daily including surya namaskar. I am not understanding y suddenly it's started paining. I remember, nothing hit on the knee. Sometime, I feel pain in both of my knee. When I try to stand up from cross folded legs, it pains and stop me to straight my both legs. Please suggest what should I do. Its unbearable at this age.
I am male and my age is 65 years. I can go to sleep any time after 10 p.m. without any problem but I don`t get continuous sleep for more than 4-5 hrs. I generally don`t sleep during day time. I don`t consume alcohol and don`t take tea or coffee after 6 p.m. Please suggest how to get continuous sleep of 6-7 hours. Thanks
I am suffering from arthritis at my waist with a full of pain and troubles for 2/3 years. Local doctors could not satisfy me with their efforts. I am still with same problem. Please suggest how could I get off from it?
I'm having injury on my left knee and I consult a Dr. they said it's an ligament injury. I've been treating it by consult of Dr. I didn't feel anything better so what do you say DOC.
I am a diabetic at present my fasting sugar is 196 and pp is 274. From last 1 month I have started walking. But now suffering from knee pain. Pl suggest medicine and exercises for me. Being banker I have a sitting of 8 hours.
I am 29years old suffering from knee joint pain for pat 3years tried more home remedies but not yet cured tried Many pain killers but of no use.
I am a 30 years old man and I am suffering from pain under knee in right side leg. I have take several type pain killer tab and cream but I have no relief from pain. Please suggest me what should I do?
My uncle is 36 years old and he is suffering from knee pain his knee sticks and gives him a lot of pain what to do ?Which home remedy or which trate ment should be taken ?
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.