Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GupteYour feedback matters!
Hii. I am 29 year women. From last month I saw some symptoms of pregnancy in myself but my period not missed. So I think is everything is o. K. But nowadays I feel faitgueness AND feeling of vomiting, not vomiting. And my abdomen is became fatty. Give me right suggestion to what I do. Please.
This month my wife has two times mensuration one is 6th aug and second is 27th aug, please suggest what to do and if any treatment is available please suggest.
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder which is marked by the tremendous compulsion to binge eat, and then adopt extreme measures to avoid putting on weight. It usually affects men and women of all ages. Bulimia Nervosa makes you extremely restless, when all you think about is how to undo the binge eating.
Signs that you are suffering from Bulimia
- You are unable to stop eating
- You consume food very secretively when nobody is around
- You eat till you almost feel sick
- You rarely eat normally; you either overeat, or you go on a fast
- You exercise vigorously after eating to burn off the calories
- You use a lot of laxatives, or enemas
- You try to vomit out the food you have consumed because you feel guilty
- You have a very poor image and perception about your own body.
- You have low self esteem, and you consider yourself to be worthless and unattractive
Physical signs of Bulimia Nervosa
- Scars on the knuckles or hands; from trying to run your finger down your throat to induce vomiting.
- Saggy and puffy cheeks
- Discolored teeth; from throwing up every time after you have binge eaten
- You experience very frequent fluctuations in weight
Risk factors with Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia Nervosa is a very complex psychological issue, and the following factors tend to increase the risk of this disease:
- Gender - Women are more likely to suffer from bulimia than men.
- Age - Bulimia normally affects people in their late teens and early adulthood.
- Biology - Bulimia may also be linked genetically, with evidence that if you have close relatives with this disorder, you are more likely to suffer as well. Deficiency of the chemical serotonin in the brain might also play a leading role.
- Media and peer pressure - Media has this tendency to feature skinny models and this adversely affects the youth who tend to be guided by what the media projects.
- Sports or other artistic pressures - If you are an actor, or a dancer, there are higher chances of you suffering from Bulimia if you are encouraged to eat less and exercise a lot more to be in shape all the time.
I was on the patches since sept. 2015. I been dating someone over a year and we decided to try to have a child . I got off them in march. We been having unprotected sex everysince. Last period I got was july 6 was pink spotting for four days. Was suppose to get my period last wednesday but im 10 days late. Ive been getting sick alot to could I be pregnant ?
I had an abortion on 10th jan. I got hcg blood test done today. The result is 3.13 mIU/ml. What does this indicate? Is the pregnancy terminated?
It was abt lst month. She was in her periods. Her period started on 8th march. We met on 10th and we got intimated. during foreplay I got released. On her genitals near clitoris there was no intercourse. Moreover she is still virgin. And after she went home she had her usual flow. And her period ends up on I guess 13 or 14. Firstly is there any chance of getting pregnant in this situation? Secondly Now. Since 8th of march. Now its 5th of april today that is 29th day frm 8th march and she didn't had her period today (29th day) jbki 28 s pehle hi ajati h uska date 26-28 day me and is bar its 29th day today aur ab tk nhi aai date.
I apply body lotion to every where in the body is it safe to apply near abdominal parts like penis! And while having sex with my partner can I apply body lotion near penis!
What course do you suggest for curing polycystic ovaries in an otherwise healthy 23 year old. What are its disadvantages. Worried sufferer.
Hello Doc. Meri shadi ko 3 and half years ho chuke h and hum log last 1 year se try kr rahe the. Phle PCOD ki problem thi or ovulation bhi nahi ho raha tha. Jiske liye doc ne injection lagta tha her month usi se ovulation hota tha. Per fir mene wo lene band kar diye or patanjali ki medicines li. Jis ke ek month bad hi conceive ho gya. 15th may 2016 ko mere last periods aaye the. Uske bad 16,17 june ko halki spotting hi hui. Urine test positive tha. Fir meri gynic doc ne pregnancy wale normal tests likhe. Unka result normal tha. Uske bad 26th june ko fir se spotting shuru hui. Doc ne progestrone k 5 dino k 5 injections diye. Per fir bhi spotting continues thi or fir (sath me folic acid and progestrone ki medicine regular thi) .fir 10th june ko koi spotting nhi thi. Or uske bad koi spotting nahi thi. Uske bad ek sonography hui jo 7th july ko hui. Uski reprt thi. Uterus Antiverted, bulky in size. It Shows echotexture. G.G.S. Of size 1.78-6.4. Free fluid absent in P O D. Right ovary normal in size and shape. Left ovary-normal in size and shape. Or doc ne bola ki size kam h to 50 -50 chances h . N hearbeat check krne k liye 15-20 din bad ek or ultrasound likha. Lekin us test se pahle hi 18th july ko raat ko achank se bahut bleeding hui n 1-2 clotts bhi nikle. Fir doc ne bola ki ab aap isko clear karwalo and d and c k liye bola. Lekin mujhe laga ki 2 mnths ki pregnanacy h to medicines se hi clear ho jayega so doc ki batayi hui clear kit li (combipack of mifepristone and misoprostol tablets) ye first tablets 20 july ko li uske bad ki 2-2 tablets 22nd july ko li. And 22nd july ko bahut jyada bleeding thi n kafi sare clotts bhi nikle (i used 9-10 pads. Uske bad 23 and 24 july ko bhi jyada bleeding (i used 7-8 pads) thi. Uske bad 4-5 din tk bleeding (4-5 pads) thi and pain bhi tha. Uske bad doc ko dikhaya to unhone Amoxycillin and Potassium Clavulanate tablets IP. Methygene (din me 3 time, Aclowin (acelofenac and paracetamol tablets) .ye medicines 5 dino k liye di. Or ek or sonography 29 july ko hui. Jisme doc ne bola ki abhi bhi kuch product jo chote chote pieces h wo ander h.or clear kit se poora clear nhi hua to aap D and C karwalo. Uske bad mere husband ne bola ki ek or doc ki opinion lete h to ek or doc k paas gye unhone sari reports dekhi or kaha ki kuch product abhi ander h per abhi d and c karwane ki koi jarurat nhi h.next periods me aapke sab clear ho jayega. 31 july tak last spotting thi. To ab doc ne 8 august tak wait krne ko bola h. Doc pls aap bataye ki Dand C se hi clear hoga ya normally clelar ho jayega. Kyu ki doc ne esa bhi bola h ki agar proper clear nhi hoga to aage conceive krne me problem aayegi. Or ye meri first pregnancy thi. Doc pls bataye. Bahut confused hu. Or doc intercourse kab se kar skte h ye bhi pls bataye? TIA.
Sir my semen report is:- vol. 2 ml. Mol. Normal. Color white. Microscopic- ACTIVE 60%. SLUGGISH 21% REMAINS ARE DEAD. I WANT TO KNOW THAT ANY NEED TO TAKE MEDICINE TO IMPROVE. AND ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHY I CAN'T PREGNANT MY WIFE. HER BASIC TEST ALSO GOOD.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.