Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gupte
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GupteYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years female, have a, distant number from my childhood, now I'm feeding my second baby who is1. 5 years old, I am afraid, by breastfeeding my vitamin A stores r depleted and go to baby, now I'm having +1 no. Progressive no. Shall I stop breastfeeding of my baby, and give him top milk, he takes all weaning foods only 2 times in sleep he needs my milk, what should I do, or give me vit A supplement. Plus I eat less fats because I am 80 kg weight.
Vaginal bleeding is a common phenomenon in women. Sometimes it is due to cyclical changes in the cycle, while other times, it may be indicative of something unnatural and perhaps severe.
Abnormal vaginal bleeding includes:
- Heavy periods: This is a very common phenomenon. Bleeding during periods cannot be measured with optimum accuracy but periods can be considered heavy if it lasts over 7 days, if you need double protection, or if you seem to pass too much clots. It is recommended to consult your doctor if it starts to affect your lifestyle and causes hindrance in your day to day activities. The cause of heavy bleeding during menses is often unclear, but it may be indicative of uterine fibroids or cysts.
- Post coital bleeding: Post coital bleeding happens when you bleed after sex. The most likely reason for this to happen is if there is inflammation in the neck of the cervical opening or it is sore. The common cause of this can probably be sexually transmitted diseases such as Chlamydia.
- Inter menstraul bleeding: Bleeding between your periods is also a possibility. There can be several causes for this. It can be broadly indicative of uterine polyps or infections. Polyps are fleshy masses of cells which are basically an abnormal growth in the uterus or cervix.
- Break through bleed: These bleeds happen very suddenly and spontaneously in the middle of the cycles or close to the menstrual cycles. These can happen when you start contraceptive pills and usually settle down in a matter of few months.
- Post menopausal bleeding: Bleeding or spotting post menopause can be indicative of something more serious. The common causes can be uterine or cervical cancer. Often, it may also happen that the uterus starts to degrade, and small fibrous bleeding or spotting may be visible.
Veginal dryness after remove both ovaries due to small cysts pain in intercourse Please advice so that can I enjoy sex. Thanks
I'm 25, and I recently had an intense session with my boyfriend. Well I had any sort of sexual activity after 4 years. Im a virgin and still believe In the whole after marriage thing but this time our private parts did come in contact for a while and the internet is scaring me that it is possible to get pregnant even if nothing comes out of nothing goes in. I'm getting paranoid because my lower back is paining since then and now after all the internet research my knee joints seem to be paining as well. It's been 3 days since we did. Please advice
I am suffering from white discharge for last 1 year. I feels itching irritation and stomach ache .plz suggest me what should I done.
I had sex with gf used condom bt I am nt sure sperm enter inside her or not after sex she took ipill within 24 to 48 hr now please tell in dout situation how to work ipill, she is safe or not? And if sperm not enter inside her after taking ipill periods come within 7 days?
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.