Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gupte
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GupteYour feedback matters!
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 29 years old unmarried female, at the time of my periods my breast start paining, just wanted to know its normal or is there any complications.
I'm recently married (9 months) and we have sex almost every day, but till now no result of pregnancy. Pleas advice My age is 35 and wife's is 33.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Hi, I have completed 3 years of my marriage. I am not conceive. Eggs are not release. My doctor say do laparoscopy surgery. Is it safe please suggest me.
Last one and half month ago I had done optical urethrotomy surgery. Last two days ago I drink full alcohol and going to sex with my aunt. I will enjoy sex long time 20mints. After I'm coming to my home I'm facing same symptoms before operation symptoms. What I do sir, what happened. Im scared. The operation is failed.
Hello doctor, please help, From last 2 Days my vagina feel itchy but not any irritation while doing urine aur sex till now, very little white fluid discharge, just I feel itchy every time. As well as I am taking pregnancy planning and having medicine glycomet, ecosprin and folvite. please help as it is feel always itching. Thank you.
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
Hi I'm 36 years old I started ivf treatment but my periods r light I got hypothyroidism for which I take levothyroxine 100 mcg & "pcos problem but I don't take any medicine for it but d problem in July I got my period twice with. Agap of 1 week & now I got my period on 11th after taking Provera 5 mcg twice a day, I'm worried that is it OK as flow of blood is low is it'll be OK for lining purpose or will be any problem in future to carry.
Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old married women working in IT sector and I have not conceived too. We are on a family planning schedule. I had no troubles of pimples or breakouts during my teenage times. I was working in Bangalore for 4 years and during 2013, I got struck with severe pimples and left over black scars on my face especially the jaw and cheek area and on the upper part of both my hands. During menstruation, again due to body heat more pimples will pop up frequently. I had taken medication and chemical peeling from Dermatologist in Bangalore. Practiced Yoga regularly, jogged for one hour regularly and started to consume ample water to hydrate my body. I had recovered completely from the pimples and even the marks that was left behind. I am a person with sort of high stress and tension. The same condition again occurred last year and it was also treated and completely cured. In 2014, we have to Trivandrum in kerala. And now we have shifted our jobs to Cochin in kerala and settled here. Again I started getting pimples and marks. It's really desperate as I had a very clear skin in my entire life and now at the age of 28, I am fighting with it. Please suggest a permanent solution to end this consequent pimple season. My face is oily and my body is normal (combination) skin type. Could you suggest me a proper sunscreen, moisturizer, face wash, soap, food, medicine and exercise to remove this pimples and scars permanently. Also please suggest me some home remedies too. Thanking you in anticipation, waiting for the response.
Hi sir, I'm Ravi Kumar, I'm having 7 months kid but my period due date is 9th of June but still it's not happens we are not in a position to look forward for one more We need your suggestion on this, could you please let me know is there any tablet terminate the pregnancy if she is pregnant.
I am 28 year old. When I get my periods the flow used to be for only first two days. On third and fourth days I hardly get it. But I get my periods regularly. What could be the reason for improper flow.
I'm Missing my menses and I have pcos. My last period date is 8: 09:2016. Till now I dnt get my menses this month. I used to have the problem but from last 7 months I don't face any problem. Can I go for medication again.
Polycystic ovarian disease is very common disorder occurs 1 in 10 females. It is most important cause for infertility and obesity. Obesity and PCOD are interrelated or depends on each other as obesity increase leads to PCOD and PCOD leads to Obesity. So the weight control is one of the important factor in case of PCOD.
PCOD is a disorder occurred due to disturbances of female hormonal levels leads cystic appearances of ovaries, to menstrual irregularities, facial hair growth, obesity, thinning of hairs.
Causes of PCOD:
1. Increase in insulin levels
2. Increase in leutinising Harmon levels
3. Increase in lactating harmone
4. Increase in testosterone levels
Symptoms of PCOD:
1. Menstrual irregularities
2. Facial hair growth
3. Oiling of skin leads to acne
Homoeopathic medicines not only help to remove the symptoms of PCOD but also regularise the function of the ovaries, normalise the hormonal levels. Homoeopathy removes the route cause of disease and cures the disease. There are lot many Homoeopathic medicines has wonderful result s in PCOD such as Pulsatilla is given to the sensitive woman with irregularities of menses, irritability. Thuja, sepia, sabadilla, cocculus, arsenic.
Is it safe to have sex soon after the period and not get pregnant? My man ejaculated sperm inside my vagina. If it is unsafe could I please know the home remedy to conceiving.
Hello Dr. My aunty have irregular periods she is about 23 years old. Pls advise home remedies. Pls help.
Water is vital for our survival. Our body is constituted with 70% water and we may well surmise from this, how essential water is for our health. For the proper functioning of our body systems, we need to maintain the right proportion of water in our bodies at all points of time. It is often taught to us that drinking water is a habit that must not only be inculcated in one and all but also be practiced diligently. There are certain immediate health benefits attached to consumption of adequate water. It stimulates proper digestion, regulates the kidney functioning and supplies the body with the essential nutrients. Water is one of the best resorts for detoxification of your body. The appropriate quantity of water intake is also necessary for watching over one's weight. Indiscriminate amount of water content in the body often adversely affects your metabolism which in turn asserts a negative impact on your body weight. The ideal amount of water that needs to be consumed varies from person to person. The measure is dependent on one's stature and the level of activity.
What is the correct measure?
Toppling the notions about the standard intake being 8 glasses a day, contemporary physicians recommend that the sufficient quantum of water depends upon a multitude of factors. Climate and altitude is one of them. For drier conditions, the water requirement of the body is more than in those situated in the coastal conditions. Similarly, for those based on higher altitudes, your body shall need more water to sustain than those in the lower areas. Considering the huge influence that your water intake has on your metabolism level, your level of activities also determines how much of water you should consume on a daily basis.
A commendable practice is to reach out for a glass of water the first thing in the morning. You should not remain dehydrated for a fair stretch of time. It often leads to all kinds of ailments. Instead of gulping down large quantities of water at one go, you should drink smaller sips all throughout the day to meet the body's requirements of water adeptly.