Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. Gulam MohiuddinYour feedback matters!
Recently I have no sensation of touch. Like if anyone touch me also I can't recognise properly. And also if phone is in vibrate mode also I can't feel that sensation.
I have heavy bust, and I have dissociative disorder and seizure which is not proven I am feeling very weak and from now I am feeling that pain in my left nipples it's like electric goin on, please help.
How to differ between brain stroke and epilepsy? As patients gets unconsciousness in both attacks and in which there is the higher risk?
I have a severe acidity problem every day I need to consume 2-3 sachets of eno or would not be able to sleep at night what should I do?
My baby got seizure when she was 5 days old due to low blood sugar this is coz of poor feeding, CSF investigation is normal, brain scan is normal, other blood tests is also normal. Again she got fits at the month of 10th due to fever, doc has asked to give her frisium tab with P250, MRI and EEG is also normal, then also she is taking the medicine when all she gets fever. I'm much worried about the medicine would become over dose and affect her internal organs. Plz give me your advice.
What are the symptoms of migraine headache? I have little pain over the brain. Please tell me your suggestions.
Now say - Go Migraine
Migraine headache is usually associated with one sided throbbing headache, with nausea ( the tendency to vomit), vomiting and sensitivity to light. In a migraine there is excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of brain and blood vessels.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
Origin of a migraine headache
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of Vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult now.
- Sneha nasya - instillation of medicated oils can be carried to the nostrils. Shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits in this condition.
- Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
- Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
- Mix one-forth teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
- Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from a migraine.
- Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
- Take half a glass of carrot juice. Add half a glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice to cure the migraine.
- Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
- Apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
- Salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
- Buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds, and garlic or asafetida are good in the daytime.
- Have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
- Avoid yogurt especially at night.
Hello Doctors, There is question that I need to be answered about a beloved one who fall from a window of a height of 35 meter and he died. We don't know how this happen. The window was just above his bed and the bed height is near to window level. During his fall, he rubs against the wall with his Pubic bone but when he reach the ground he didn't bleed at all. He didn't bleed from the deep injury on pubic area or the nose or the mouth or any thing. Some one who saw him falling said that he was breathing for about 2 minute without any move instead of a small movement of his arm the the breathing stopped. And he didn't say a word during his fall or after hitting the ground. His body was completely fine instead a broke in his left leg. My question is, How come he didn't bleed at all and the his body didn't badly crash after this fall and is there a chance that he suicide? Regards,
My father suffering from brain stroke paralysis of left side (dt. 27.12. 2014). Leg some how working and he can walk but hand remain non- functional. He is complaining of pain when any movement of hand. He also can't put more pressure in the hand. He also develop a fear psychosis and got irritated and lose temper. What to do please anybody help me.
I develop pins and needle feeling in my limbs every now and then more specifically when i am running which becomes very uncomfortable after some time when the whole of legs and the last three fingers in hands go numb. Please advice thanks.
I have shaky hands, while doing work with concentration both the hands will shake continue and voice will shivering.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.