Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Kyun aise ho raha hai mere wife ka unko latrine bhi nahi ho raha hai aur pet me gas bhi hai aur wo 9 months pregnency bhi hain. please help
I missed my periods now its 6 days late yesterday at night 8 pm I checked home pregnancy test but the result was negative i'm very confused I cant identify any other symptoms except white discharges and tiredness please help me out am I conceive but till now my periods was regular.
My wife is pregnant. But doctor said not to have sex for 4.5 months. Is It compulsory not to have sex for 4.5 month?Please give me good suggestion.
Can pregnancy be abort with 7 weeks of intimation. Can we use the pills for abortion or operation is the only choice. Please reply.
During the natural course of events, a woman's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. This is medically termed early or premature menopause.
Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed as Premature Menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed as early menopause.
Causes of premature menopause: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a woman's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture. This leads to Osteoporosis.
- Postmenopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke, leading to cardiovascular health issues. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer especially, breast and ovarian.
However, it is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it especially, if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With PMS"
Hi Doctor, My wife consecutively 2 times miscarriage Nov 2015 she got one miscarriage in 2nd month, due to bleeding. Last menses date is Feb 14 2016, 5th April 2016 again she confirmed pregnancy 2nd time, 16 April 2016 we went for checkup at time my wife explained to doctor she had light bleeding. We went for scanning after that doctor told us this time also she got miscarriage. We both are close relative 2011 we got married 2012 we got one boy kid without any problem now he is 4 year old. Kindly help us we need one more kid guide us what procedure we need to follow to avoid miscarriage. We are looking for your value.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 23th my period were late 6 days I have check pregnancy test in home 4 time it is negative but my period are not starting its 6 days late so what I do? am i pregnant?
Hi I'm 18 yes old. Need to loose fat. As I'm suffering from pcod since 4 years . And due to which I'm facing heavy hairfall from last 2 months (male balding pattern). Please suggest diet , home remedies , exercises anything and everything as I'm really worried about it.
I am 50 and have a very strong sex drive but of late I am not having intercourse as before, please help or is there some medicine to help?
Sir what is the best procedure to avoid pregnancy I and my wife got first baby with scissoring and baby is now 45 day old we want to have 5 years gap or even may be permanent solution without any surgery please suggest thanks.
What is the best way to avoid pregnancy if we r having sex in a regular or weekly basis? P always use condoms. But just in case.
I'm a 19 year old girl. I'm diagnosed with Fibroadenoma in my right breast. The size is 54*46 mm. I'm using homeopathy medicines since 4 months and the doctor is saying that the lump will be dissolved in another few months. For second opinion I consulted another doctor who said Surgery is the better option. Should I just wait for few more months or get the surgery done. I personally want to get rid of the lump.
I am a pcod girl from 5years. Could not able to recover from it . I am putting on weight due to imbalance menstrual cycle. Kindly help how should I keep my routine with my tight schedule. I am a veggie.
My mother having 8 m.m.of ghat (cyst ) in her left breast It is a sign of breast cancer please help.
Sir I always suffer from vaginal itching n after that white water like sticky things comes out from that part. Sometime I use v wash and candid powder. Is this OK?
I have very soft and lose chest after baby. What should I do to again make it perfect. Please help me.
Actually I got engaged in sex last month and sperm was discharged inside.I want to abort it with pills can you suggest me about this plz.
One’s pregnancy is a time when one must be extremely vigilant about a proper diet and good exercise regime that will benefit the child and mother in equal measure. A balanced diet during pregnancy and enough of it is essential for your child to develop and grow in a healthy manner. You need to up your daily intake by 300 to 350 calories per day. Women carrying twins require 500 calories extra each day. Despite the fact that nausea during the initial months of pregnancy can make this troublesome, try to eat a properly balanced diet and take prenatal vitamins.
Here is a guide to a healthy diet during pregnancy:
- Eat a variety of food items to get a good amount of the nutrients, which your body requires. 3 main meals and 3 small meals should be taken each day.
- Pick fruits and ingredients that are high in fiber like whole grain breads, oats, beans, pasta and rice. In case you take a fiber supplement, increase the dose you take, slowly. This can get rid of gas and cramping. It is just as essential to drink enough fluids when you increase your fiber consumption.
- Ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals daily. Your specialist can suggest an over-the-counter supplement or recommend a prenatal vitamin for you.
- Eat and drink no less than four servings of dairy items and calcium-rich food products a day to guarantee that you are getting at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium on a daily basis.
- Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods such as spinach, beans, lean meat and breakfast cereals every day to ensure that you are getting 27 milligrams of iron each day.
- While you are pregnant, you will require 220 micrograms of iodine a day to guarantee for your child's brain and sensory system growth. Look for dairy items like milk, cheese, and yogurt. In addition, baked potatoes, cooked beans, limited portions of fish like cod, salmon, and shrimp can be very healthy.
- Consume at least one good source of vitamin C consistently. For instance, oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green peppers, tomatoes and mustard greens. Pregnant women require 80 to 85 milligrams of vitamin C a day.
- Every pregnant woman needs one milligram of folate each day to counteract neural tube defects like spina bifida. Folic acid is an essential choice when you are pregnant.
- Consume at least one source of vitamin A each day. Sources of vitamin A are carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, spinach, water squash, turnip greens, beet greens, apricots, and melon.