Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Grace PorYour feedback matters!
43 years old, got uterus and ovaries removed. After that also I am getting vaginal discharge. Why? I am getting leakage of urine while coughing and sneezing. May I know remedy for this?
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
We are married for 4 years now, We have not been able to have sex, She is not having the feeling of having sex, she is not at all interested on having sex. When I tried to make her in mood she is not responding and she gets irritated and get angry and then I completely get disappointed and leave it. She is having the fear of the vaginal opening the pain she is not at all ready to have sex bcoz of that. She get angry and start behaving very wild. So I have tried to apply the gel also she she is not having the feeling to respond to the same. Due to which I am totally disturb and not at all happy with my married life. I would like you to help or advise me in this situation how should I react and also I want her to have get her behaviour change and she should enjoy to have sex with no fear in her mind. Also I would like to how can open her vaginal opening without having her pain bcoz of that she is getting and behaving wild and I am able to have a enjoyable sex. I stay in pune. Or suggest a lady doctor (sexologist or gynecologist) can openly speak to her and try to remove her fear. So I can have my happy married and sex life.
Factors that determine the success of your IVF procedure
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I had got my period on the 15th of January I.e. Last month. It's 21st February & I still haven't got my period .I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend couple of times on different days but he didn't ejaculate inside me. I did a pregnancy test at home & the results were negative .What should I do now. Please help .I am tensed.
Hello doctor, I am 24 year girl. I am not sure about my pregnancy. I checked 2 times with prega news but report is negative. And most important thing is I miss my period last 2 month. Any other trick for check my pregnancy test. (Prega news is given 100% true result?)
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Goals and attitudes:
Compared with previous attempts, how motivated to lose weight are you this time? score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely&nbsp;
How certain are you that you will stay committed to a weight loss program for the time it will take to reach your goal?
score 1 for cannot, 2 can somewhat, 3 uncertain, 4 can tolerate well, 5 can easily
Consider all outside stress in your life (work, family obligations, etc.) to what extent can you tolerate the effort required to stick to a diet?
score 1 for very unrealistic, 2 somewhat unrealistic, 3 moderately unrealistic, 4 somewhat realistic, 5 very realistic
Think honestly about how much weight you hope to lose and how quickly you hope to lose it. Figuring a weight loss of. 5kg to 1 kg per week, how realistic is your expectation?
score 1 for always, 2 frequently, 3 occasionally, 4 rarely, 5 never.
While dieting, do you fantasize about eating a lot of your favorite foods?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely
While dieting, do you feel deprived, angry, or upset?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely
Scored 6 to 16 - not a good time to diet; inadequate motivation and commitment and unrealistic goals can get in your way
Scored 17 to 23 - think about ways to boost your diet readiness before you begin
Scored 24 to 30 - bingo, your path is clear.
When food is mentioned, do you want to eat even if not hungry? score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Do you have trouble controlling your eating when your favorite foods are around the house? score 1 always, 2 frequently, 3 occasionally, 4 rarely, 5 never.
How often do you eat because of physical hunger?
score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Scored 3 to 6 - try to control the attitudes that occasionally make you overeat
Scored 7 to 9 - dieting will be easier if you try to resist external cues and eat only when you are physically hungry.
Score 1 if you would eat much less, 2 if you would eat somewhat less, 3 if it would make no difference, 4 if you would eat somewhat more, and 5 if you would eat much more:
Although you planned to skip lunch, you are talked into going out to eat.
You go off your diet by eating a fattening, forbidden food.
After faithfully following your diet you decide to test yourself by eating a %u201ctreat.%u201d
Scored 3 to 7 - you recover rapidly from mistakes, but should get professional help if you often alternate between strict dieting and eating out of control
Score 8 to 11 - you have a flexible, balanced program that is not disrupted by unplanned eating
Score 12 to 15 - your reaction to problem-causing eating events can be improved.
Binging and purging:
Have you ever eaten lots of food rapidly and felt the eating was excessive and out of control?
score 2 for yes, 0 for no.
If yes, how often over the past year?
score 1 for less than once a month, 2 about once a month, 3 a few times a month, 4 about once a week, 5 about 3 times a week, 6 daily:
Have you ever purged to control your weight by using laxatives, diuretics, or induced vomitingscore 5 for yes, 0 for no.
If yes, how often during the past year? score 1 for less than once a month, 2 about once a month, 3 a few times a month, 4 about once a week, 5 about 3 times a week, 6 daily:
Scored 0 to 1 - binge eating and purging are not your problem
Scored 2 to 11 - get professional help if these eating patterns arise more often
Scored 12 to 19 %u2013 your potentially serious eating problem needs immediate professional attention.
For each of the next three questions, score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Do you overeat when you feel anxious, depressed, angry or lonely?
Do you celebrate feeling good by overeating?
When things don%u2019t go well with others or on your job, do you eat more than you would like?
Scored 3 to 8 - you don%u2019t seem to let emotions affect your eating
Scored 9 to 11 - monitor your occasional tendency to eat in response to emotional highs and lows and find alternative activities
Scored 12 to 15 - you need to find other ways than eating express your feelings.
How often do you exercise?
score 1 for never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 somewhat, 5 frequently.
How confident are you that you can exercise regularly?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 highly, 5 completely.
Do you have a negative or positive picture about exercise in your mind?
score 1 for completely negative, 2 somewhat negative, 3 neutral, 4 somewhat positive, 5 completely positive.
How sure are you that you can work regular exercise into your daily schedule?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely.
Scored 4 to 10 - change attitudes that are blocking your way to regular exercise
Scored 11 to 16 - to feel more positive about exercise, think of ways that are fun and fit your lifestyle
Scored 17 to 20 - your path is clear to a more active life.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).