Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Govind SarkarYour feedback matters!
Stomach mein marode aa rahi hai aur dakaar bhi aa raha hai. Jo bhi khata hoon uska dakaar aata hai. Antibiotic n tablets liya hai 2 din. Par kuch khaas aaraam nahi hai. Kya dhyaan rakhna hoga?
I am suffering from gas problem. What are the precaution I need to take like what to eat or drink. Also suggest medicines that I can take.
What are the symptoms of migraine and dengue and what precautions should b taken to avoid this and be safe.
M suffering aid dermatomyositis. Advised retuximab inj by my doc in aims. Just won't to know how safe it is n how much does it cost. Does it cvrd in mediclaim?
Getting to be intimate with someone is a great feeling as you can get to enjoy and explore each other’s bodies, mind and spirit. However it is also important that you avoid getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases. Although you are probably aware of how to protect yourself in general circumstances, you could be mistakes in the heat of the moment and fail or forget to use adequate protection. Always be safe, never sorry.
The following tips will help you stay safe, each time you have sex and should never be forgotten:
- Single partner and regular testing: The safest way to have sex is have a single partner and to ensure that neither of you have any form of STI (sexually transmitted infections). If you have been with multiple partners before then get yourself tested for STIs and STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
- Bring your own condom (BYOC): Never rely on the partner to have dams, condoms or lube. It is highly recommended that you have your own supply and the expiration dates should be checked before usage.
- Contraception: In addition to condoms, other forms of contraceptives like cervical caps and contraceptive pills must be utilized to prevent unwanted pregnancy. One should also consider using female condoms.
- Lubrication: Even though friction during sex can help in elevating pleasure levels, it also increases the risks of infection. In order to prevent friction, try to use a lubricants during sex. Oil-based lube should not be used on a latex condom as it may cause breaks within. Water and Silicon based lubricants are better options
- Set personal boundaries: Having personal rules and boundaries around safe sex can be helpful in setting a standard for behaviour. Writing down what one personally approves of and doesn’t is helpful in setting proper boundaries around the concept of safe-sex. In case of a history of sexual abuse, it is important to contact a therapist or somebody close and opening up to them so they can initiate the process of recovering from it.
- Drink responsibly: It is important to consider the limit of alcohol and the people one chooses to drink with. It is also necessary to understand the concept of consent. You should not be or allowed to be pressurized into having sex.
It is important to understand the importance of safe sex and being able to speak up about sex without feeling any shame. Furthermore, it is important to understand your responsibilities in initiating safe sex and it is okay to find it difficult in the beginning. We have cultural stigmatization around sex and it is okay to be uncomfortable in the beginning, but it is equally important to develop the confidence to talk about sexual practices and safe-sex without guilt, shame or the fear of judgement.
I have a little throat infection when I wake up in the morning. What should I do to get rid of that.
Hello doctor. I am trying to get conceive. Actually I can feel pain in stomach and get whitening during ovulation .to get pregnant when should keep intercourse before or after pain ? Before pain or after pain wen der ll b d release of egg which Is the right time .today is my 11th day I can feel dat pain suddenly is this d right time to try for getting pregnant ?
I am a 30 year. I have a poking pain in my brain and neck past 1 week. I have vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin d count is 24. Is that a symptom for vitamin D deficiency?
I have a tmj problem. Past 4 months I have a pain in my under chin and under tongue. Under my tongue touch my under chin was pain. I use antibiotics but no results. Is there any problem for me. please help me.
MRI report SAYS: Background: c/0 left RMT carcinoma. An ill-defined heterogeneously enhancing mass lesion of size 8.5*5.6 cm centered in left RMT. It is extending from left canine of mandible to TMJ with extensive destruction of mandibular body and ramus. There is extension in FOM, Left tonsil, Left ITF with involvement of both pterygoid muscles of left side and erosion of pterygoid plates, hard palate and maxillary sinus. There is skull base erosion but no intracranial extension. Multiple enlarged enhancing left side level 1A, 1B,IIA and IIB lymph nodes are seen ,largest measuring 17. 6 mm inn SAD. Hypophraynx/Larynx: Normal Major neck Vessels: Normal Comparison :As compared to previous scan, there is mild increase in the size of the mass-Progressive disease. Impression: Carcinoma left buccal mucosa-locally advanced tumour involving FOM. Tonsil,ITF & skull base with cervical lymph node enlargement-Progressive Disease.
My sister suffered from bronchiectasis condition two years back and she had undergone a cardiothoracic (Key-Hole) surgery one year back. For the last four months, she has been suffering from cold (runny nose) and breathing difficulties. Is there anything serious to worry about this condition? Is there any further treatment necessary to cure this condition?
Can a guy have hormonal imbalance which can cause sudden extreme hair loss? I am a 30 year male with excessive hair loss for the last 4 months. I have got a full master check up and all the reports are normal and couldn't figure out the exact cause of my sudden excessive hair loss.
As I have already asked a head related. Question bcoz. Of. That from last few day my right. Eye gets wen it. Comes. In. Contact with very cold. Water and. It. Pains so badly and. There. Is. Nothing I can do. When I rub it. Becomes. More. Big and it. Pains. So badly and. Some. Pimple. Are. Also there around eyes. Which. Pains so. Bad.
ÏCerebral Palsy (CG) is a neurological disorder caused by an injury to the brain or a brain malformation that occurs while the child’s brain is still developing – in the mother’s womb before birth, during birth, or immediately after birth.
This disorder affects the child’s movement and muscle coordination and control. It also affects his:
- Motor skills and
- Oral motor functions
In easy to understand language, CG can impact the child’s ability to walk, talk, sit, do simple tasks like eating, combing hair, talking, and other activities we take for granted. The physical impairment caused by cerebral palsy can affect all limbs, the face and head, or it may just affect one limb. Since CG affects muscles and a child’s ability to control them, common symptoms include muscles that contract too much, too little, or all at the same time, leading to limbs that are stiff and forced into awkward positions. Other complications also arise such as intellectual impairment, seizures, or vision/ hearing and speech impairment.
How does Speech Therapy help?
Speech problems affect more than half of all children with cerebral palsy as they have difficulty controlling the muscles in their face, throat, neck and head. Apart from speaking, this also affects chewing and swallowing. It can also cause drooling and the ability to learn, difficulty hearing and understanding spoken language.
This is where speech and language therapy comes in. Speech therapy improves a child’s speech and communication by strengthening the muscles used for speech. It also improves understanding of speech and language as well as help with swallowing disorders, like dysphagia.
Speech therapy helps exponentially as when children improve their speech and communication, they are able to express their needs, share their thoughts and interact with others, leading to an overall improvement in their overall quality of life.
Speech therapy can help with the following:
- Articulation of words
- Sound and word formation
- Language and vocabulary development
- Breath control
- Speech muscle coordination
Apart from this, the other primary benefits are boosting self esteem, socialization, independence and reducing shyness.
Exercises used in Speech Therapy
Speech therapy treatment usually consists of exercises tailored to a child’s specific needs. Different exercises are used in speech therapy like:
- Articulation therapy: The therapist uses language cards to help focus attention on specific sounds to encourage the child to make sounds while looking in the mirror to help him understand how his mouth moves.
- Blowing exercises: The therapist encourages the child to blow bubbles or a whistle to train the mouth muscles to produce sounds.
- Breathing exercises: Work is exclusively on inhalation and exhalation to strengthen the diaphragm.
- Jaw exercises: The child is encouraged to eat foods that require extra chewing to strengthen jaw muscles.
- Language and word association: The therapist uses flashcards with different words and sounds written on them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.
Hi. Doctor. Male male organism is curved downwards. And my sexual time is very less. What is the reason for this? Is there a fix for this?
Hello, everyone. I am glad that you are watching this video. I am consultant gynecologist at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Max Hospital in Pitampura and at my own clinic in Pitampura. Today I would like to talk about PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
It is a very common in female endocrine disorder which is increasing tremendously. The prevalence of it now is 2.2 to 26% which itself is very high. NOw, what is it about? So, this problem is about women's hormones, they get out of balance. Then it makes the problems in periods, difficult for the women to conceive or to get pregnant. If left untreated, it can lead to long term problems such as Diabetes Mellitus, Heart disease, and endocrinal cancer.
What happens in PCOS?
In PCOS, the sex hormones get out of balance. So, the male hormones increase more than a normal range. Now, what do they do?
They stop Ovulation, they cause acne, increase the facial and the body hair.
The second factor it involves is Insulin.THe Insulin resistance is caused because of PCOS. The insulin resistance causes obesity, weight gain and then later it may cause Diabetes Mellitus. The causes of PCOS is clearly not known but they run in the family. The girls which are affected from PCOS, they get it either from the mother's family or the father's family.
So, the symptoms of PCOS are;
- Extra facial and the body hair
- Thinning of hair from the scalp
- Infertility problems
- Irregular periods
Now, coming to the diagnosis,
There are a lot of studies which are done for PCOS. PCOD is defined as any two of these three features, those are;
- The periods that come after more than 45 days or periods which comes less than 8 times in a year.
- Hyperandrogenism, Menstrual problems.
- Ultrasound features suggested of PCOS.
So, the polycystic shows up multiple cysts, that is 10 in number, 2-8 mm in size and bulky ovaries each.
This is how we diagnose. Now coming to the treatment.
There are 3 key treatments for PCOS;
- Regular exercise- Walking is a very good exercise that most people can do. Then depending on your choice, you can swim, dance, play etc.
- Healthy diet- In diet, you should take green leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, beans, milk etc. You should avoid the intake of saturated fats like meat, cheese, fried food items, sugary food. Starchy food such as potatoes, cakes, sweet potato, maida, sooji, besan etc. You have to quit smoking if you are indulged in that too.
- Weight control- In weight control, most women benefit even with 5% of weight loss that would help them regulate their hormones better.
The women's hormones come into balance, the periods come on time, it gets easier for the patient to get pregnant. All these favourable changes take place when the patient follows all these three steps.
Now there are pills that we can give to the patients to help her regulate her own hormones. Now, there are two types of pill;
- One is birth control pills o0r oral contraceptive pills. These pills help to balance sex hormones.
- Metformin pills are the insulin sensitizers. They tackle the INsulin resistance in the PCOS patients.
Now, all these help in balancing the hormones of PCOS patients. If a patient is suffering from depression because of PCOS, then he would advise her to do some exercises that help to elevate the mood or to consult a counsellor or a gynaecologist.
So, if you want to contact me, you can do so through Lybrate or you can come to my clinic directlywhich is in Pitampura.
Thanks for the patient hearing.