Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri Sultane GuptaYour feedback matters!
I want to know what is last menstural period in pregnancy, is it last month period? or the day in which one have conceived? or the starting of the menstural date or the ending of the menstural period?
Please tell the natural remedy for irregular periods. My thyroid is within range. But I do suffer from hypothyroidism. My age is 29 years.
During pregnancy, quite a few changes occur inside a woman's body. It is quite common for some of these changes to surface outside. Skin changes are quite common in pregnant women, and pinkish streaks on the stomach and a sudden glow on the face are commonly observed. Although not all women experience the same skin changes, there are some changes which are quite common during pregnancy. Some of them are:
1. Stretch Marks - Stretch marks are the most common and usual skin changes that occur during pregnancy. Nearly 90% of all pregnant women are likely to experience stretch marks. Stretch marks are the reddish streaks that run down the abdomen or breasts of a pregnant woman. Exercising and applying lotions rich in the vitamin can help in preventing such marks.
2. Mask of pregnancy - Melasma, commonly known as the mask of pregnancy, causes dark splotchy spots to appear on your face. Fluctuations in hormonal activities during those nine months can lead to an increase in pigmentation. These spots usually occur on the forehead and cheeks. Nearly 50% of all pregnant women encounter signs of melasma.
3. Pregnancy Glow - During pregnancy, the body produces 50% more blood; hence, there is a greater circulation of blood in the body, and the increased blood flow causes the face to appear brighter. The body also produces a lot of hormones that cause the glands to overwork, which renders the face shiny.
4. Acne - Hormonal fluctuations in the body can cause the oil glands to secrete more oil, which can cause a breakout. In case of pre-existing acne, the condition may heighten and, thus, get more inflamed.
5. Spider and Varicose veins - Increased blood circulation can cause minute, reddish blood vessels to protrude outwards. These veins usually appear on the face, neck, upper chest and arms. Varicose veins refer to the thick, bluish veins that appear on the legs. This happens because the body compensates for the extra blood that flows to your baby.
I want to know the side effects of taking pain killers during periods. My mom always ask me not to have pain killers during instead to bear with the pain.
Hi its been 2 days passed from periods date but no sign of period till now, m feeling pain in my lower abdomen, also feeling weakness in my body.
Human urine is a useful tool for the diagnosis and detection of several health conditions. The color, smell and density of your urine can reveal a lot about the state of your health. Color, especially, is a strong determinant of many ailments or concerns.
Here is a list of the health conditions you might be suffering from, based on the color of your urine:
- Straw color to transparent yellow color: This urine color signifies that your body is healthy and perfectly hydrated. This should be the normal color of urine, which shows you are in good health.
- Transparent or clear: Transparent and extra clear urine indicates that you have drunk too much water, which leads to the transparent appearance. It happens due to overhydration.
- Dark yellow color: This shade of urine is considered normal, but it may indicate some amount of dehydration. You need to drink more water to eliminate the darker yellowish tinge from your urine.
- Honey color: Urine of honey color signifies dehydration and you must consume increased amounts of water.
- Pink or red color: Your urine may have a pinkish red shade when you consume foods like carrots, beets, blackberries and rhubarb. This may also happen due to the effect of some antibiotics or a drug which treats urinary tract infections. The presence of blood in your urine is indicated by these colors too, and it can lead to kidney diseases, UTI, prostate problems or tumors.
- Orange color: Your urine may have an orange color which resembles the color of orange soft drinks. This occurs as a result of high dose of vitamins and several antibiotics. This color may also indicate dehydration or problems related to the kidney or bile duct.
- Blue or green color: Such shades may be present in your urine because of dyes present in food items and medications. Your urine may turn blue or green, signifying several other medical conditions which require immediate medical attention.
- Foamy: If your urine has a foamy appearance, irrespective of the color and shade, you need to consult a doctor. Consistent foamy or frothy appearance of your urine may indicate the presence of protein in your urine, which further signifies problems in the kidneys.
- Maple syrup color: Urine of this shade indicates a severe case of dehydration or liver diseases
Your urine tells a lot about your health by its color, odor and density. The color is an essential determinant for detecting several health conditions, which may be simple or chronic in nature. In case of abnormal urine color or appearance, you should consult a doctor without delay.
Hello doctor. I have pcos problem. In recent ultrasound, there was no cyst but my periods are irregular. There is swelling and infection. I tried alot to loose my weight but failed. Please help. I have one son aged 2.10 yrs. And want to plan my second child.
I m irregular period lady. I m married nd want baby as well. For this month I got my period after 18days as last time I got period of 1st December. Now today I feel bleeding but very less quantity. Please advise.
Hi, I have delivered on August 4th 2016. On January 28th my mensuration cycle has been restarted after that till date I didn't get my 2nd period. Actually I had faced this problem previously also due to hormonal imbalance & sits in abdomen. At that time my gynic advised me to reduce weight. I came to 49 from 54 which improved my condition. But now due to pregnancy my weight is 56. Now can you tell me is that the same condition which I faced before & cured by reducing weight. please suggest me.
Hi. I think I am pregnant. I have done the test twice and the results were positive. But today morning there was light bleeding. What should I do?
Hi, I want to know about having sex more than three times in one night. Means what will be the impact of process.
I had sex a day before my periods and a day after my periods. We used condom and also I took ipill after that. My periods date was 28, but now its about 13 days more after my due date, can there be any possibility of getting pregnant. I can't feel any changes in my body nothing. I'm very tensed. Kindly please answer.
I am 25 yrs old. We are trying to have baby from feb 2015 and then in july doctor recommended to have ovaa shield. Now I missed my period and in home preg test it gave positive result. But iam getting back pain, stomach pain, leg pain. So when I consulted gyneac she gave Iron and susten 200 capsules daily 2 tab. But I want to know whether there will be any side effects with susten 200. I have studied in online that if it boy he will get hypospadias and if it is girl she get hirsutism. Is that true and will that have any problem to my baby. Should I continue that tablet.
Good morning Baby planing ke liye mc ke kitne dino ke baad sex karna chahiye My wife last mc june-28.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.