Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. GouravYour feedback matters!
I am taking the medicine septilin ayurvedic tablet from 20 days is right for sinus or not? Please advise.
Runny nose, red watery eyes and continuously sneezing since a week. No fever no itching anywhere. Please advice.
Good day to you. I have severe throat infection along with high fever. I was advised to take augmentin 1g twice a day. Is this prescription safe? I mean isn't one tablet a day (1g) enough, or should I take twice a day?
Im suffering from TMD in jaws. TMD TONSILLITIS OR migraine ARE RELATED TO each other? Wht r the effective cure for TMD and tonsillitis jn medication.
I am 31 years old male. I have snoring problem and I am suffering since 3 yrs. I had already consult doctor, they tested me and said that I have only snoring problem in nose and nothing another problem. So they didn't treat it is not serious. Please tell me a solution. Regards Pradeep.
How to get relief in sore throat. I always feel problem in my throat like heavy. And can't speak loudly and I am using betadine gargle.
WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR MORNING PHELM AND THROAT IRRITATION. SINCE 10 YEARS. Pls TELL ME RIGHT ADVICE TO RELIEF FROM THIS. I AM sinus OPERATED.
Pain feeling in the two side chest and back side last 2months. Also other problems starting snoring while sleeping from last few months. Other roommate noticed and told me I m snoring while sleeping.
My throat is jammed from last 2 months. It becomes worst after sleep in the morning. My voice is being affected. What should I do?
I am suffering from cold and throat sore. What is the best medicine available and quick remedies for it.
Hello sir. Since one month I have severe breathing problem I can't breath sufficiently n when I sleep in cool breeze during nights when I woke up I have severe throat pain even I can't eat properly with that pain. N its happenings daily. Will you please suggest tablets for my problem.
Sir I have small inflammations on the pharynx layer ie. Back to the throat. What is the cause of it? and which medicines that I have to take? please answer me sir.
Hi sir/madam, Am having throat infection and it comes frequently. How can I stop it or prevent or cure.
I am suffering from nasal congestion, running nose, can you prescribe any medicine (I can't take pain killer because of kidney cyst)
I am a male Sr Citizen aged 73 years having BP and Diabetes taking prescribed medicines for some time. I am experiencing ringing sound in my ears/head intermittently during day and night. I am told it is known as TINNITUS. What is the remedy for this condition Sir?
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"