Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopal PatilYour feedback matters!
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Actually these days my skin is becoming very oily and it causing me great disturbance. After 1 hr of taking bath itself it's happening like that .And on some parts of my face skin some bad smell is also coming .So can anyone recommend or suggest me with some solution please.
I have lots of pimple marks and black spots on my face and my face color is also very dark. So I just want to know that how can I get rid of this?
Hello I hav a skin problem my face is always been oily and I want to clean my skin and get rid off pimples. Plzz suggest me some medicine or cream etc.
How should we remove block spots from face by using a cream, send me a good product cream name please sir?
I have been getting pink bumpy and itchy rashes on my skin (legs, arms, face etc). I have consulted 3 doctors but I still have the problem. Bumps comes all of a sudden and vanishes after some time. I find my eyelids swollen one or the other day when I wake up. Eyelids swell after I go for threading too. Rashes are being noticed around the waistline if I wear a belt. One of the doctor told that it is food allergy and the other told it is due to water or climate change. I am facing this problem from 3 months. I am really worried. Please help me on this.
Hello doctor my question is that I want to look fair. But my color is black I want to become fair skin.
I have lots of marks in my face which do not looks good. What should I do to clear it or to remove it.
Any protective remedies of enlarged prostate gland - age 55 male- frequent urination - normal colour - odourless - feeling some residual is still in - to clear pressure through finger helps - check and release technique.
I have problem with my skin care. Between my two legs. Many times itching has the problem affected so please give me solution. About that?
What should I do to remove dark circles. Although I focus a lot on water intake as well as the diet. But there is no improvement yet.
I am 25 yrs old I have dark circles around my eyes. I discharge within 2-3 mins while having intercourse.
I am 20 years old. I have the problem of darkspots or sunspots. My face now has more than 10 spots. Tried everything but everything turned in vain. So please tell me a remedy for the spots.
My face had very dull and face skin had lot of pores and on nose on squeezing white substances come out and my forehead is dark than my skin face.
1. Problems When You Pee
Many men have some problems peeing as they get older, like:
A need to pee more often, especially at night
Dribbling, leaking, or an urgent need to go
Trouble starting to pee, or a weak stream
An enlarged prostate gland usually causes these symptoms, but so can prostate cancer. See your doctor to check on the cause of the problem. He?ll give you an exam to look for an enlarged prostate, and he may talk to you about a blood test (called a PSA test) for prostate cancer.
2. Changes in Your Testicles
"If you notice a lump, heaviness, or any other change in your testicle, never delay having it looked at.
"Unlike prostate cancer, which grows slowly, testicular cancer can take off overnight" Your doctor will look for any problems with a physical exam, blood tests, and an ultrasound of your scrotum.
3. Blood in Your Pee or Stool
These can be among the first signs of cancer of the bladder, kidneys, or colon. It's a good idea to see your doctor for any bleeding that?s not normal, even if you don't have other symptoms,
Although you're more likely to have a problem that's not cancer, like haemorrhoids or a urinary infection, it's important to find and treat the cause.
4) Breast Changes
"Men tend to ignore breast lumps because breast cancer isn't on their radar"
"But 1% of all breast cancers occur in men, although they're usually diagnosed much later" Don?t take any chances. If you find a lump, tell your doctor and have it checked.