Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopal PatilYour feedback matters!
I'm 29 years male from kolkata. Skin type is normal. Skin color - dark. No other disease & medications. Generally I use lotus spf 40 once per day. 1-2 times scrub per week with lorial 360 which contains salisailic acid. Face wash use clean & clear or vlcc twice per day. Night cream used nivea lite, manually mixed with vitamin e capsule & vitamin c tabtel dust. Sometime used egg white & lemon mask. Is the routine good for skin? I know black skin can not be white. But is there any other way to glow the skin. Any cream or lotion you can suggest for lighter & glowing skin. Thanks you.
I've got eye hollowness and eye darkness under my eyes and i am just 21. How can i get rid of this? Please suggest some remedies to me.
I have red spots on palm of my both hands since a week with itching. I used Vaseline but no use. When I touch water it irritating my palm of hands.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.
From last 6 years, I have a hyper pigmentation on my cheeks and nose. I tried so many ointments like lumacip plus, lumaglow and along with this I have to use sunscreen lotion for 2-3 times a day. When I don't apply it, scars visible again. Is there any permanent solution to get rid of this. Pls let me know I am fed up of these. I don't want to apply lotion as I am office goer.
Hello, I am 26 male from jaipur. On my face some brown black scars. They irritating me. Nd on face some pores are larger. How to smaller them.
Hi sir / mam I am with 18yrs I have an oily face. My face colour is light dark. please suggest some capsules for glowing fairer skin without side effects & also creams with 100% results.
Hello doctor Am an advocate. I having skin related problem. My face becm red. Sometimes. Long back I did facial. Aftr tht my skin becm red. Wen I went out sunny time. Evn in winter Tim also I wll be red. Soo please suggest me what I have to do.
I have dry itchyskin between my thighs and groin. When I scratch, the skin will turn into black. Is that any kind of skin disease? Or is there any home remedies to cure that. Please help.
People who suffer from oily skin tend to have multiple advantages, such as a younger looking skin over a longer period of time as wrinkles, spots and fine lines tend to creep in much later. However, there are many inherent disadvantages of having oily skin, such as a shiny face and frequent occurrences of pimples and acne. Some of the tips to take care of your greasy or oily skin are mentioned below:
1. Use face cleansers, which are gentle on your skin: It is very important that you choose a cleanser, which has the best ingredients in them as harder elements can damage your skin and accelerate oil production. Products which are specifically marketed for oily skin or acne and best suited for these purposes usually contain the following ingredients:
- glycolic acid
- benzoyl peroxide
- beta-hydroxy acid
- salicylic acid
2. Use medicated pads or blotting paper to remove excess oil: For greasy or oily skin, one of the best solutions is to use specially medicated pads or blotting paper, which can easily remove the grime from your face. There are many over the counter products available which are specially made for this purpose. You can use these in between daily facial washes.
3. Don't wash you face more than twice daily: It is recommended you wash your face twice a day with a gentle face cleanser, but not more than that. Washing your face more than twice daily could actually strip your skin of all moisture and encourage the production of more oil.
4. Use natural face masks and clays to soothe your skin once a week: Natural clays and face masks made of ingredients like fullers earth, commonly known as multani mitti and sandalwood will soothe and cool your skin. It also removes excess oil and harmful bacteria from the skin.
5. Control what you eat: Diet plays a big part on how skin is affected as well. Consuming foods, which are high in sugar and oil such as fried foods and fizzy drinks will definitely contribute to more oil on your skin. Replacing them with fruits and vegetables like apricots, mangoes, lettuce, kale, carrots and sweet potatoes will reduce the oiliness of your skin.
6. Makeup also plays a major role: The type of foundation or makeup you use can also contribute to how much oil you have on your skin. While choosing make up try and avoid heavy foundation and choose water based liquid make up instead of oil based ones.
Related Tip: "7 Tips for Healthy & Glowing Skin in Monsoon!"