Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I'm 20 years old. Is it safe to use spermicides while having sex to prevent pregnancy? Which spermicide is good please suggest me.
My wife take Crisanta for prevent pregnancy. How long times this medicine is taking and is it's use side effect. Please tell in detail.
I had my periods today which is on time. I was on i-pill. But I am facing more than usual bleeding and pain in stomach. What should I do pls tell. Pls suggest home remedies if thre is some.
Hi. Can kesar (saffron) be had during first trimester of pregnancy? I have a spoon of diluted kesar (soaked in water) with a glass of milk everyday and would like to know if this is good for my baby or should I start its consumption later. Does consumption of kesar lead to bradycardia or fibroid? Please advise.
Hi if I am 2 weeks pregnant and not even tested pregnancy .if masturbated during 2 nd week affects the chance of pregnancy? whether it leads to miscarriage.
I am 3 months pregnant and suffering from thalassemia. Would it effect on my baby? My husband doesn't have thalassemia.
My wife consumed unwanted 72 on Thursday evening and she is having vaginal bleeding today that is wednesday. Is this causing due to the medicine. Are there chances of getting pregnant. According to her this is not her regular period and it's jz the bleeding. Her date of MC is around 23 24 of the month. Can you suggest on this?
I got my period on nov 23. Today it is my 9th day. Every month my period stop on 5th day. But this month from 6th day to 9th day (today) I have bleeding little that to in black red colour. Is there any issues. Will this affect ovulation. Im trying to convince married for 6 months.
I always to sex with girls but this time I am 19 years old and girl is 15 year s old what should I use to sex with girl what precautions I need.
I am getting married, and have my period due on my wedding date, what can I do to avoid it for 10days?
I am 23 years unmarried female I am suffering of white discharge problem. What is reason of white discharge?
Hello, doctor I am 4 months pregnant and I have pcos my gynco gave me this medicine Macgest SR300, FOL - XT etc and when I was 2.5 months pregnant I had very mild abnormal bleeding so my doc gave me Duphaston 10 mg which cost 460 rs which is very expensive she told me to take this medicine thrice in a day when I asked her to give me some other reasonable substitute of this medicine she refused to give me. So doctor pls tell me some othr reasonable substitute of this medicine which is reasonable. Can I tk digest 10 mg instead of Duphaston 10 mg.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.