Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Girish SurlikarYour feedback matters!
When I see straight forward my black eye part differs in position. I.e when my one black part of eye see in front then the another looks slightly inside. It seems bad. What can I do to become normal. What is this difference in position called?
I am unmarried 28 years old female, I have suffer the eye itching problem and eye pain. What should I do.
My eyes are twitching from last 1 month and local doctors are saying that its not a disease do not take it seriously ,but I am feeling uncomfortable and worried.
I'm 25 year old male my eyes dries quickly and I have a burning sensation and its irritates a lot l use tear drops but I find a cure for some while only. What can I do to over come this problem fully. Thank you.
I m 20 year old male. Due to late night studies, my eyes became red and feel extreme itching sometime. Plzz help to get some relief.
Is there any remedy for retinitis pigmentosa? Is it hereditory? What are the chances of transmission to second generation?
I am 24 years old. I m a home tutor and take tuition classes 10 hours a day. Since last night, I have an problem in my eyes. After waking up in the morning, my eyes becomes red and I fill so pain in my eyes. Help me. Thanks a lot.
Sir mere eyes bhut weak hoo chukii haii. Mera sir specs ka no. Bhu 5.30 haii ap please kuch btayee sir mujhe chashma nikal ke bhut dhundla dikhaii deta haiii.
I washed my eyea but still there are some bubbles showing in eyes. What to do its like spots on mirror.
All of us agree that healthy habits are absolutely necessary for a high quality of life. It is another story that whether we put them into practice or not. These healthy habits have to be cultivated since childhood for keeping vital organs like eyes in a perfect condition. One's quality of life is closely linked to how well one see and one can take steps now to take care of one's eyes and preserve vision well into old age. Keep Your Eyesight Sharp and protect your eyesight with the five tips listed below-
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet- It has been scientifically proven that some foods can boost eye health and delay age-related eye changes. One must include eye-boosting vitamins and minerals in diet, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, Vitamin E; zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to keep one's eyes in best shape. Broccoli, corn, squash, peppers, spinach and kale are the best source for zeaxanthin and lutein whereas citrus fruits, melons, tomatoes and broccoli are great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in legumes, wheat germ, nuts and seeds while one can get zinc in found in whole grains, salmon are a great source of omega-3.
- Reduce Exposure in the sun - Sun's ultraviolet rays can increase the risk of developing cataracts, which is most common cause of age-related vision loss in adults. It is very essential to take precautions to shield one's eyes from the sun. One should wear UV protective eyewear or wide brimmed floppy hat for protection from sun.
- Quit Smoking- Smoking is not only bad for heart and lungs, it can also damage eyesight. Cigarette smokers are at greater risk of developing both macular degeneration and Glaucoma.
- Regular Exercise- Regular exercise keeps waistline trim and eyes sharp. Latest studies have shown that those who led an active lifestyle were seventy percent less likely to develop macular degeneration.
- Go for Annual Eye Examination- Regular examination of eyes can give a surprising number of clues about ones overall health. An ophthalmologist can detect a broad set of problems ranging from hypertension to diabetes by doing a thorough examination of ones eye.
One only have one pair of eyes, so it is absolutely necessary to take the proper steps to care for them. By nourishing one's body with the right foods, getting regular exercise and going in for regular eye exams, one can keep vision sharp at any age.