Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Girish SurlikarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years, I have been feeling lethargic and feel low whole day in office, eyes remains red most of the time but no itching and no water comes out. Lifestyle is normal eats khichdi in normal course have light food always. Pl prescribe me.
I am a 22 years female. I hv eye allergy from pollen grains since 2008. But last 4 years I didn't come across the symptoms of allergy. Again this years m encountering the symptoms. And I hv been putting rose water drops since 15 days does putting rose water exaggerate eye allergy? Does this has a cure? How much more tym will it take to b eliminated completely? I hv a bit dry eyes what should I do for that?
My mother in law is 60 Yrs old and has short sight.A few days back she said that she feels like so many colours going round n round like a gaint wheel at the tip of her left eye.What could be the reason for this?
I have severe swelling on my eyes. In the morning I get myself unable to see for long time What should I do?
I see something like a black colored dot from my right eyes at the right side it moves with movement of my eyes.
I have red eyes from 2days what should I do give me a suggestion and my brother have symptom of flu what should I do can you giv me suggest I have do not go anyway.
I am having pain in my eyes and sometime water comes from 2 days I m feeling much pains please tell me what medic I should take.
Hello, I am a 21 years old boy I am facing eye related problems. I am an architecture student so most of the times I sit in front of laptop mobile phones screens and makes detail drawing sheets due to which my eyes are getting little and weaker and face difficult in seeing nearby objects around 25 cms also I tried many eye exercises but not finding any changes please suggest some remedies.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.