Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Girish NairYour feedback matters!
Please suggest the tips for migraine headache Rarely I get migraine pain. Generally I use migranil tablet to control my pain Kindly suggest the food I have to take and any exercises. Etc.
I am 65 years old. I am having restless sensation in my calves after I go to bed in the night for the last 8 years. It starts mostly within half an hour to an hour of hitting the bed disturbing my sleep. I have to keep stretching, turning and twisting for a long time before it subsides. Initially exercising of calf muscles would improve the situation but for the last two years exercises do not really help. Is it rls or something else? is it attributed to some deficiencies? do I have to get some tests done? pl advise me for diagnose and remedies.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Sudden pain come in left side of head. And early in other parts. It last for few seconds but it pains a lot. And hand and legs shiver. Means I feel they r not in my control. I can't stop them. I drink but not that much.help me
Skin is becoming very dry. Arm, legs are very dry. It seems upper layer of skin is peeling off. I am taking syndopa110 for parkinson. Is it due to any sideeffect of any medicine? What should I do to cure this dryness?
I am aged 48 years, female with diabetes for 17 years. My right hand gives heavy pain and becomes numb while sleeping under air conditioner. In the morning after waking up and coming out of ac it takes nearly one hour to become normal. Result for diabetic neuropathy negative. Present sugar value is fasting 117 and post prandial is 200. Not obesse and lipid levels are normal. On insulin 18 units per day with diamond m carbopage prolomet 75 mg and pod tabs in the morning and in night dianorm m, pioglite 0.75mg prolomet 75 mg atrovastatin and ecosprin and repace are administered. How to get rid of the right hand pain?
Hi, My relative's Daughter lives in Mumbai is in very serious condition. She is suffering from Brain tumor and her parents gave treatment in many hospitals but no satisfactory result given by hospitals. Please Help.
My mothers right hand ring finger sometimes comes down automatically and will not go back until an external force added I need a help is it a big problem she is 49 yrs old.
I am 40 yrs and suffering from sciatica ans lower back pain severely as I am unable to walk till my washroom too. I feel numbness too in hands n legs.Please help.
Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased physical intimacy as well. People who have trouble sleeping often face difficulty in coping with their relationships, as with almost all aspects of their lives. Similarly, in the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders and stress may affect your sex life:
- Mood swings: Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
- Decreased social activity: Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
So, what you should do?
- Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life: Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
- Go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday to tune your sleep cycle. Avoid waking up late into night as far as possible.
- Avoid afternoon sleep or take only a nap.
- Don't take heavy foods, big and late meals.
- Eat at least 2-3 hrs before sleep.
- Avoid coffee and tea in the night.
- Don't get glued to the tv, computer, or mobile till sleep time. Shut them down 30 mins. before retiring to bed.
- Read something calming, meditate, or listen to quiet music just before sleeping.
- Regular workouts helps you get good sleep.
- Avoid serious discussions, work or complex decisions 2-3 hrs before sleep. If any of them bother you much, jot them down on a paper. That will lighten your mind help you get better sleep.
If sexual problems and concerns make you sleepless, seek help from a sex counselor. If your sleep problems are due to work in shifts or night-only shifts, take the help of a specialist in sleep problems. This way you can overcome sexual problems arising out of sleep disturbances, and have an improved sex life.
I am 27years old female and I am suffering from epilepsy for 14years and for this I am taking medicine to cure it but for taking this medicines I gain weight and hair fall also. Most of the time I feel frustrated and disturbed. What should I do please help me to cure epilepsy permanently and how to maintain my weight?
I have migraine. Due tk which the area between the eyes receives severe pain. Please suggest a remedy.
Hi I have problems Migration is my problem When I feel restless I am getting it And headache also getting it Cold also getting it fever also.
I'm 23 yrs, old, past 4 months I'm doing masturbation, 2 times per day, will it affect the nervous system or brain? But, now hand are shaking. .
My son aged 32 yrs has been suffering from cerebral palsy hyper tone since birth. Unable to stand on his own and walk. Talks but slowly. Can you please suggest any treatment or otherwise?
Hello Dr. am 27years old weight around 72 kg around 20 days before diagnosed hypothyroidism value is 7.65. I hv started medicine from d day starting I thought am feeling Ms. pain in lower part of legs, insomnia problem or yesterday I feel unconsciousness also. Sumtyms nauseating. Is it du E to medicine. Taking eltroxin 25 mg.
I am 26 years old. I am suffering from Parkinson's disease for 10 years. I consulted with a neurologist but there is no improvement. I have to face a lot of problem with, day life. Please tell me which exercise I will do or which food I will eat to reduce it. Sir please please help me I will remain thankful to you.
She is looking at the clock repeatedly, feeling more and more frustrated as the time passes as how it is getting late and her effort to sleep is going in vain.
Effort? can anyone put an effort for something which is a self programmed function of the body -mind complex?
Does one put an effort to breathe, make the heart beat or digest food?
Try doing this at home. Try putting a conscious effort to digest your food, be aware of it entering the food pipe and the stomach and then liver metabolizing it. You will end up with indigestion!
Effort is interfering instead with something which is automatic!
So your struggle to sleep is the biggest reason why you are unable to sleep!
Do not try to sleep
One should have courage to wait for the body to tune itself back during a temporary phase of insomnia due to some stressful/emotionally challenging situation.
One's continued stressful approach in life or excessive seeking for stimulation all the time may have finally resulted in the overworked nervous system being so stressed that it now has difficulty in tuning itself off.
There are people who have not slept at all in their entire lives, but there daily activities are not hampered at all, so
Get rid of these conditioning that shortage of sleep will have an ill effect on the body, though difficult, if you let go of this you will be happily surprised to know that this conditioning or belief was creating most of the bodily symptoms!
Chronic insomnia which has developed after a traumatic emotional experience may need a help from a professional like counselor or a hypnotherapist.
Sedatives decrease the brain activity by depressing the c. N. S, making one lethargic /drowsy with reduced mental efficiency and host of other side effects.
The induced sleep is more of non rem type (rem is supposed to be a deeper and moe refreshing phase)
Drug resistance develops soon and the dose gradually increases and so does the dependance and its withdrawal symptoms. And finally one must realize that they are not the cure
So it is better to take them as as a one-off thing, at times of acute distress or urgent need to sleep.
Some other tips which are of secondary help.
1. Do not keep a clock/watch with you in your bed room.
2. Avoid heavy dinner or supper, keep your digestion in check.
3. Do not immediately go to sleep after dinner.
4. Avoid caffeine based drinks esp coffee or if you must have it, take it before evening.
5. Try putting off gadgets like mobiles, t. V, games, magazines etc.
Lastly in a nutshell, do not get overworked if there is reduced or delayed sleep, that will act as a stressor which will prevents sleep, have the courage so as to not to sleep at all. Do not anticipate tomorrows after-effects. Surrender to the intelligence of your body, it will take care of it.