Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Girish NairYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from insomnia since last 1 year. first 1 week medicines work on me but after that no effect. I haven't sleep from last 2 weeks. Is there any solution for my situation.
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative condition that affects your brain cells which produce dopamine and thus hampering all kinds of motor functioning and other emotional responses. After the disease is diagnosed, medication and therapy can help to provide relief from the symptoms to a large extent but a permanent cure is not possible.
The disorder does not have a definite set of causes. A small percentage of the cases have been related to hereditary factors and others have a range of environmental causes associated with them.
1. Genetic factors:
Specific gene mutations and gene variations have been proved to cause Parkinson's, such as SNCA, PARK2, PARK7, PINK1 and LRRK2. These make or recycle proteins which are linked to the disease.
Research shows that men are at a 1.75 times greater risk of developing the condition than women are. Also, age plays a role with most cases occurring after the age of 60.
2. Environmental factors:
Regular exposure to inorganic insecticides, pesticides, herbicides and heavy metals or other toxins may cause the disorder. In rare cases, Parkinson's disease occurs in the aftermath of a severe head injury or immune disorders.
The symptoms can be classified into two broad categories-
1. Motor symptoms:
- The hand tremors when in resting position
- The grip loosens
- Walking slows down
- Facial muscles freeze partially
- Speech is slurred
- Balance is disturbed
- Swallowing is painful
- Urination is abnormally frequent
- Dementia-like symptoms are seen
- There is involuntary twitching of the fingers and toes
- Repetition of the same movement in quick succession is nearly impossible
2. Non-motor symptoms:
- Dental problems
- Vision impairment
- Skin disorders
- Panic attacks
- Excessive secretion of saliva
- Extreme weight loss or gain
- Sexual problems
- Loss of sense of smell
- Lowering of the pitch of the voice
The Indian government only recognized autism in 2001. Till the 1980s, there were reports that the disorder didn't exist in India. Experts worldwide have estimated that 2-6 children out of every 1000 have autism. In India, currently, 10 million people are suffering.
Autism is a complex developmental disability which starts presenting itself in the first 3 years of a child's life. It is a result of a neurological disorder which affects the normal brain functions of a child, thus eventually affecting their communication (verbal as well as non-verbal) and social skills.
Keep in mind that different children behave differently due to autism; no two children will ever have the exact symptoms. Some may experience mild symptoms while others may experience severe ones.
Social skills: an autistic child will interact in a very different way. If the symptoms in the child are mild, then such people are socially clumsy and awkward, may pass comments which seem offensive to others and may or may not be out of sync with other people of their age group. For those suffering from severe symptoms, they show absolutely no interest in people whatsoever.
Autistic children also find it extremely hard to understand the feelings and emotions of others.
Touch: children with autism have shown dislike to physical contact like being touched, cuddled, hugged etc. However, this is not true for everybody. Many will sometimes hug a parent or a friend, and enjoy that moment of contact greatly.
For children with autism, their social and communicative skills lag behind while their cognitive skills develop quickly enough. Similarly, their language skills might develop rapidly while their motor skills lag behind. For example, they may not be very good at sports, but their vocabulary would be the largest in their age group.
Is ashwagandha capsules recommended to treat insomnia. If yes, what is the dosage, is it 2 times a day with meal? What is recommended ashwagandha leaf or root extract? How long is this dosage recommended? And lastly which brand would you recommend?
Her hands and legs shakes normally also and she had a thyroid also but that is in control what else could be the reason? Please advise.
I have heard that ketogenic diet helps patients suffering from epilepsy. Please suggest me a good healthy ketogenic diet?
I am 36 year male suffering from regular leg pain above ankle and also numbness in feet while walking. The condition goes away when I stop for few minutes and again resurfaces when I start walking again. What should I do?
Plz give me a No. 1 doctor and hospital location place in tamilnadu for cure seizure disorder. Note: 100% cure of seizure disorder.
I have migraine problem what should I do to escape for this pain pls ans me fast I am waiting for your answer.
I am 26 years old. I am suffering from Parkinson's disease for 10 years. I consulted with a neurologist but there is no improvement. I have to face a lot of problem with, day life. Please tell me which exercise I will do or which food I will eat to reduce it. Sir please please help me I will remain thankful to you.
My sister have put on weight after treatment of migraine (after 2012) and we are said that she has put on the weight due to those medicines of migraine. What can be best way to reduce her weight?
I am 27years old female and I am suffering from epilepsy for 14years and for this I am taking medicine to cure it but for taking this medicines I gain weight and hair fall also. Most of the time I feel frustrated and disturbed. What should I do please help me to cure epilepsy permanently and how to maintain my weight?
Hello sir mein 4-5 month se head pain ho raha hai. Ankho par stress rehta h. Maine ishke liye eye specialist se concern kiya. Unho ne bola apke eye thik h. Mujhe bola apko migraine ki problem h.
My wife suffering from migraine propanol is not working and grenil also not working. No pain killer is working. Neurologist prescribed anti seizure drug Topremide .should we take it in migraine.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS