Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello sir, due to chewing of rajnigandha gutka, my mouth not opening properly. So pls advise and last but not least I have not eat gutka since 22 dec2015.
I am 23 year's old male. I have gum problem badly. And bad smell also. I use so many toothpaste. Sometime gum it swells. So what should I do?
A person's looks can be greatly dented by presence of a missing tooth. The effect often trickles to denting their speaking, eating and ultimately their self-esteem. Health wise they will compromise the oral health of a person for there will be increased pressure on the adjacent teeth which may impact negatively on the bone structure that supports it. While there are traditional remedies for countering this such as using crowns and bridges, many users find them uncomfortable and limiting. Besides, they don't avail the permanent function they are expected to as replacement teeth. Thanks to modern science though, dental implant surgery is now possible to provide patients with functional tooth restorations that are long lasting.
What are dental implants?
These are basically artificial tooth roots that are placed into the jaws of patients with missing teeth so that they can hold replacement teeth. The artificial roots will be cemented such that they will blend in with the existing jaw to become a part of your mouth. They are usually placed during dental surgery where titanium will be placed in the jawbone that will then fuse with the existing jawbone to provide a strong foundation for the replacement tooth.
Situation you may need implants...
There are various situations that put people in need of dental implants and replacement tooth. First is when they need to replace a damaged tooth. You could also get one when you want to eliminate weak teeth in your mouth, replace a damaged tooth or want to replace a knocked out tooth that may have experienced trauma. Also, you could get a dental implant when you want to take care of weak teeth that result from bone loss due to any gum disease.
What the procedure involves?
First, the patient has to visit a doctor for assessment on whether he is the right candidate for the procedure. If you are, the doctor will determine if other procedures need to be performed before the surgery such as bone grafting; especially if your bone structure is weak. The doctor may use dental x-rays to determine if the gums are strong enough to withstand implants. Then the bone will be drilled if it's ready to create room for implant placement. Thereafter, the area will be left sutured for about a week so that implants are firmly in place and then removed. After the gum has healed, a metallic post is then placed, which will offer support to the crown that will be laced to act as the replacement tooth.
With proper oral health, dental implants can last a really long time. Brush and floss daily so that no materials accumulate under the implant. For anyone suffering from damaged tooth, dental implants are the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.