Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girish DateYour feedback matters!
Hello sir i'm in the feel of depression, lost about my career in wrong path. I'm 23 years old and always think about the feature but it doesn't working out as planned. I have done civil engineering and done job for 1 year and decided to achieve govt job so went for coaching for 6 months but due late in notifications now i'm lost all my hopes on govt job so decided to go for usa for further education and mentally i'm in mood to go, but the now notification is released. Now i'm really feeling depressed about the wrong decisions taken in carrier and really feeling lost about my plans. My mood will be always unbalanced and felt in the trap of confusions, and i'm also suffering with loneliness because of no suitable persons or friends helped me out I can't take decisions on my own. All because of uncertainity i'm in depression, lost and loneliness having a feel to commit suicide also.
I 'm student pursuing CS in June I have an attempt. The issue is my concentration skill which is depleting day by day because of a guy belongs to DELHI he showed interest, initially but due to my habitats he back off. I don't know there are many whom do I talk with hangout with but he has stood in. Mind please suggest me to transfer my concentration on studies.
Doctor im a kind hearted, sensitive and soft girl, when I was studying I was cheated from a guy in name of love he promised for marriage but the relation broke up latrbcz of his sadism, he cheated me and used me in all means but I was unaware of future in tat age, I believed him blindly, trusted him, but now im married, im feeling like im. cheating my husband, im mentally disturbed, please guide me to come out of this problem, I ll really thankful to you.
Hello there as I am a singer I get too much of cough or phlegm in my throat which doesn't let me sing well. I don't smoke or drink. What m I supposed to do in order to remove or reduce it. Please help.
Have OCD and have started taking lessons in realistic concern of hygiene. However, my magical thinking I feel has gone out of hand. Maybe hence the lessons in realistic concern of hygiene aren't helping me. Wish I had been guided earlier. In India the primary caregivers viz. The family physicians need to be trained in diagnosing psychological problems as they usually are the ones who see the patient first. In my case the family physicians I went considered the step of going to the psychiatrist as a drastic and shameful thing. Either they don't have knowledge or they want to do R&D without bothering that the patient is suffering internally and should be sent to a doctor qualified in that field. I'd call it cruelty towards the patient. As years pass the OCD becomes more stubborn and difficult to cure. How do I free myself from this thing called magical thinking? Please help me.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have voice problem I can't speak loudly what should I do to solve the problem to get a normal voice.
What is the best way to control cigret smoking and alcohol, its there any solution from dr, or from and medication? my close friend and my bro drink and smoke allots, which I want them to stop all this for there health and long life. Please suqquest anything if there is solution. Badly in need of saving thier life from smoke and drinks.
I have been suffering from anxiety disorder agoraphobia for last 4 years, I am taking etilaam. 0.5 mg (morning+night) and feliz 10 mg night. My question can I add Ashwagandha capsules with it. As in herbal medicines Ashwagandha is very famous for anxiety.
My son is appearing in CA final for last few terms but every time he is short of aggregate and some and also pluck in one subject. He passed inter with in 2-3 attempts and not getting success in CA final. What can be reason and how to improve it while another son got success in 2-3 attempts. Need your valuable guidance.
Hello, I am asking this question for my mother Ms. Sushma Gupta as she is suffering from Depression for past 10 years, she is under medication for past 10 years. I want to know that how much time she needs medication to be fully fit mentally and physically. Also please advise what can we do for improving her health. She ocassionly does exercises, do not talk too much, love to be in isolation. She is a mother of two happily married children but both of them are not living with her as both are in government job, far from home. Also let us know daily routine which can help her.
Hi. I am smoking from last 10 years. Now I am trying to family planing from one year. But I do not get result. My smoking habit may be problem to conceive?
I have all the things in life which should be sufficient to keep me happy. Still I feel sad and lonely all the time. I blame others for that but the fact is that I don't like being happy. I am IT professional with problems at job and home. I am unhappy with everyone. Please help!
I have naturally stammering problem. So I can not get a band in ielts. So please tell me what can I do.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.