Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Girish D. PatelYour feedback matters!
I want to know about the stress. I feel stress many time in my mind it cause due to I made many negative thinking for a positive thing. So please help me and suggest me that what can I do for it. And it mainly for my partner n my nearest person.
My age is 21. I am 5.2 height .From last 4 days I am getting urine in pink colour. Is it natural or disease. I do not have any bad habits like smoking, drinking, tobacco etc. I do not have any pain .
Hi My daughter 34 years old married for 13 years, having lovely daughter of 6 yrs old & 42yrs old husband software engineer. It earning high salary owning high rise flat working from residence & engaged all the time with laptop, tv mobile only. He is a perfect saint, has no vices. It appears now that my daughter is totally unhappy with marriage& considers us responsible. She is suffering from high depression & turns down all our advice's as if we are her enemy. I am afraid whether she will be mad. Please advise what we should do.
Jab may school me tha tab may haklata tha. Umar ke sath haklana kam hogya. Par puritarha nhi. College me mayne speech karne ke liye part liya or jab may stage par pahucha. Bhid dekh kar meri awaz hi nhi nikli. Us ghatna ke bad may ayse program jha mujhe bhot sare logo ke samne bolna pade usme part nhi leta tha. Ab meri shadi hai 2 month ke bad. Or mujhe ye dar lagrha hai ke khi Jo hal mera college time par hogya that who yha bhi na hojaye. Jayse ke kazi sahab mujse puche or meri awaz hi na nikli to. Sir mujhe bhot tension horha hai. please agar koe Dr. Achi salah de to mujhe help hogye gi.
Hi dis is madhu im having the habit of smoking. My age is 25. Is there any prob while of having sex and loosing of weight.
My wife age 25 years has a problem of recurrent depressive disorder, severe episode with psychotic symptoms. She has this problem since 2006. I want to know that this disease is hereditary. And is it curable or not. And what about the chances of re- episode in future.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
I am getting angry at all time and on head some pain and some happening on my head. I am unable to normal some disturbance on my mind. If any body talk or heavy sound unable to tolerate becoming angry. Please suggest me.
Hi doctor My name is Ankit and need your help in the following matter I forget things immediately and struggles to understand the things in any activity. I am in field of auditing which needs a sharper and cool mind. Due to forgetting things and unable to understand I get very angry all the time which badly affects my mood and my whole day apoils. This happens daily and it is doubled when I appear for any exams. I need help as its so confusing all the time to me. I even struggle and think a lot and explain myself a lot in smallest matter which makes people irritate and which makes me even more disturbed and low. Kindly doctor help me out on this regard if you can.
I am 25 years old. Am suffering with my brain. I mean I think it is not working properly. When am traveling one place to another place it is take time to observe the current situation. And I couldn't calculate maths quickly. I remembered some but I forgot some. One time it works very good but another time it cannot work properly. I am facing these typical problems. Please tell me why my brain behave like that.
I am 32 year old male and I suffer from unnecessary tensions and headache. Sometimes I am not able to sleep at night due to these headaches. Please help me.
Chewing an elaichi (cardamom) or laung (clove) when you are craving always helps.
Also there are many nicotine replacement methods in the market (not only chewing gum). All these should be used under supervision of the doctor.