Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Girish D. PatelYour feedback matters!
Dr. Patel is very wise and experienced. The first time I met him, he accurately diagnosed my problem within 10 minutes! I was a bit unsure whether he understood my problem but as I started medication, the result was outstanding. More than half my problems got solved within 1 month of treatment. Also, he very patiently answered my questions on call. There are several videos of his on YouTube. I tried one of the affirmation techniques he mentioned in one of his videos on a certain physical ailment of mine for which my gyn had prescribed medicines. My ailment got cured within a few days without taking the medicine! I strongly recommend viewing his videos and trying out his techniques. Dr. Patel is like a guardian for me. Many thanks to you sir!
Hii I was working previously with a bpo for 3 years but now from beginning of this year I m not able to continue my job. I give interviews got selected in every co but after 1 week I stop going to that job help me please I m in depression?
I lost somebody last year so I depressed too much and my mind is not using properly please suggest me.
I was feeling shortness or difficult in breathing and it gets worse at night I consult a doctor and he said its anxiety and he gave me some tablets for 5 days and said to meditate I was fine after that and now after 1 month again its causing.
I'm 21 years old im doing my degree in computer science and engineering im very much interested to study but I can't study more effectively I planned so it becoming stress for me already I'm stress induced patient now I recovered from it well now my problem is you can't study more 30 mins continuously now my exams were going on so pls help me doctor.
I am suffering from severe anger issue. I get angry even for small things and my whole body shivers when I speak in anger. What's wrong with me? Is it psychological? What is the remedy?
Pedophilia is an unnatural or abnormal attraction towards children of either or both sexes, usually aged thirteen years or younger. A pedophile's attraction towards adults varies. They fantasize and/or act on their fantasies with children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is one of the most common paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires). The DSM i. E. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has included pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Here are a few facts about the disorder:
1. Pedophilic disorder is when pedophiles approach children to sexually gratify themselves or if desires towards children make them feel guilty and anxious and so, they alienate themselves from the society and are unable to achieve their personal goals.
2. One very important fact that one must keep in mind is that not all pedophiles molest children and not all child molesters are pedophiles. When one desires children, they are pedophilic. But only when they act on their desires, and sexually assault children, they are child molesters.
3. Since most pedophiles do not come forward or admit to having sexual desires towards children, most of the studies have been conducted on the pedophilic child molesters. However, the number of pedophiles is vast considering that there are about 4 million websites in business catering to child pornography.
4. Opening up and seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist might help them in curbing and managing these desires and prevent them from acting on them and committing sexual offenses. In rare cases, pedophiles are also prescribed medications to lower their sex drive.
5. Male pedophiles are far more common than female ones.
6. Most of the child sex offenders are family and relatives.
7. Psychologists believe that children who are lonely and aloof, and feel neglected are at a higher risk of being sexually abused. The type of activities differs in each case, while some just undress and look at a child, others force the child to take part and perform oral sex and/or touch the genitals or more.
8. In most countries, it is mandatory to report a pedophile to the authorities even when there is no risk, which is why most pedophiles do not come forward and admit having this disorder. They refrain from seeking help.
However, there is a prevention project dunkelfeld in Germany that provides free of cost services to people who are attracted to children, but are dedicated to not to act on their desires and molest children. This program maintains its members' confidentiality. Such programs are essential for a healthy society.