Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GirijaniYour feedback matters!
I had less period flow compare to my normal cycle. I had suction abortion 6 months ago. What should I do to get my normal flow?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 19 years old and newly married on 30 April 2016 and I am in periods today is 2nd day and I want to do sex with husband can I? Will there be any problem related to pregnancy if we do sex? please response n advice?
I m 26 year old, married on April 2015, yes now my wife is having is having regular cycle now. Actually can you please guide me right time to have intercourse and also advise me how many times should we do to get her pregnant?
Hi. I am 32 years old and before 7 months I got married. But my wife didn't get pregnant while we do sex daily or every 2 day. Please suggest me where is the problem. All tests are ok.
Hi, am posing this question for myself. We're blessed with a baby boy on 2nd March 16. My LMP was 2nd June 15 and my periods use to occur once in 30 or 31 day cycle. We were trying for the second for couple of months and as per the doctor's advice, we tried having intimacy on the 14th day from my last LMP. My understanding is that the baby was formed only from the egg that got released after my last mensuration cycle in june15. Could you kindly help me in knowing when exactly would've been my conception or ovulation date please.
I' m 46 yrs old and having problem of descharge from vagina. No foul smell. N I' ve not for period from past 3 months acidity also.
My wife is pregnant and she has an increase in her bumb size. Will it come back to same size after birth of child?
My wife is suffering from breast cancer tumer size 2.5 cm lymph nodes 18 involved and removed can it be cured chemotherapy was administed 8 cycles complesed suregery completed radiation thearapy will be advised and thereafter er and pr i. E, harmonal treatment will be given after all these treatment breast cancer will be completely wiped out.
I am suffering from irregular periods. I am 22 years old. My periods started at the age of 14 years. But they are irregular. I am unmarried. I also suffer from heavy pain during periods. Please help me.
I am married from almost two months. Now my wife want to conceive. Our age is almost same 35 yrs. Kindly tell Some tips so that our dream come true.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.
Hello I am female single not attached with physical sexual 2 months passed my periods didn't came I taken deviry 10 mg tablet for 5 days twice a day and now my nipples are paining allot why it is happening I am stressed up. please do help me.
Studies are being carried out daily to better understand our sexuality
Various studies have been carried out with the aim of better understanding our sexuality and why we do what we do, sexually. They also look into things that can impact our sex life.
Below are the top 12 studies result that really blew our minds.
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility
Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature. Some have tried “lunaception,” altering the lights in their bedrooms based on the moon lighting to change their ovulation.
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex
Studies have shown that some sperm can live in the cervical mucus crypt before the egg is actually fertilized for anywhere from five to eight days after sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm
Certain high-end shoe brands developed the arch in their high-heeled shoes to approximate the arch in a woman’s pelvis when she is having an orgasm. The heels create a contraction in the pelvic floor, which is problematic because the pelvic floor then cannot contract further during orgasm. An orgasm is usually like going from zero to 60. If you’re already at 55 [from wearing heels], you’re not going to have a full experience.
4. Orgasms can make women more creative
Studies have shown that orgasms can make women more confident, productive and creative. And it’s a feedback loop—women achieve fuller orgasms when they are being creative.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido
Any hormonal contraception has that psychological side effect. Sometimes women even have trouble conceiving once they’re off the pill because while they may have been attracted to their partner on the pill, they’re not actually compatible with each other biochemically without the extra hormones.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women
Pudendal nerves, underneath the buttox and the sitting bones, feed arousal tissues (in the vagina, clitoris, anus, etc.). Sitting in a certain kind of chair pressing on the pudendal nerves in a certain way can lead to sexual arousal.
7. …But it can also dampen their orgasms
On the other hand, sitting in chairs for most of the day shortens the pelvic floor and psoas muscles—muscles which are essential to a full-body orgasm. When these muscles are tight from sitting too much, women find it harder to achieve a great orgasm.
8. Women have three erogenous zones
The clitoris, the G Spot, AND the opening of the cervix. Some argue nipples belong on that list too.
9. Nerve endings are distributed differently in every woman’s vagina
Like a snowflake, each woman is unique in that her nerve endings are distributed in her genitalia differently than anyone else. That means, every woman needs to employ slightly different methods to achieve orgasm.
10. The pulsations a woman feels during orgasm are actually her uterus trying to gather sperm
Round ligaments that end in the labia majora rock the uterus back and forth during orgasm so that the cervix has the opportunity to potentially scoop semen up that may have pooled in the back of the vagina to enhance fertility
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms
Because the body is mostly fluid, being hydrated enhances people’s ability to achieve orgasm.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm
Almost no woman was born unable to achieve an orgasm. Women have the innate machinery programmed to have orgasms. But not everybody learns how to use that machinery well