Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GiriYour feedback matters!
My daughter 33 years old unmarried has fibroid in the womb. It is about 3cm in size. Is there any danger to conceived and to get pregnant? Is it life threatening if not treated?
I am 21 years guy I had unprotected sex with my gf on 25 aug 2016 I came out but I am worried the precum means one drop of precum drop in her I asked about her symptom for pregnancy as now we found did not found any symptom I searched google about papaya and pineapple but want to be sure she do not get pregnant can you tell me when is the right time to do urine test?
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. Improve your mood and reduce pms symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type ii diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin b-6.
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the fda as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating bananas aids digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? high fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and gerd.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
Natural cures from a simple banana
- ?Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve seasonal affective disorder (sad).
- Quitting smoking? bananas contain high levels of b-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
I used condom once just to try it then after that itching and red spots comes at that place now they are growing what to do?
Ma'am I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27 August and she took I pill (ecp) after 6 hours. After 4 days I.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and she blessed for four days. Now after 21 days of intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25 September, 2 October and 9th October. We even did a bhcg test on 18th October, the results were <1.2 miU/mL. Then she started bleeding from 23October to 29th October. This month also, The bleeding started day before yesterday I.e. On 23rd Nov. My question is can we rule out pregnancy now but she is having fever severe stomach pain and feels like vomiting. please help.
I had an abortion on 10th jan. I got hcg blood test done today. The result is 3.13 mIU/ml. What does this indicate? Is the pregnancy terminated?
Now these days Laparoscopic surgery is commonly performed. Traditional surgeries / open abdominal surgeries are decreasing in number due to few inherent advantages of laparoscopic surgery over traditional / open abdominal surgeries:
- Smaller incisions: During open abdominal surgery, the usual length of incisions vary from 3 cm upto 18 cm, depending on the indication of surgery. Incisions given for laparoscopic surgery are small (usually 0.5 cm – 1.5cm).
- Lesser pain: After surgery, in post-operative period pain is minimal due to small incision size.
- Early Recovery: Lesser pain after surgery fastens the recovery process and faster return to everyday living.
- Lesser Pain Medication: Reduced pain after surgery amount to lesser medication for pain after surgery.
- Shorter hospital stays: Because of early ambulation and faster recovery average hospital stay remains 1 to 2 days for laparoscopic surgery (versus 5 to 7 days for open surgery).
- Lesser wound infection and hernia formation: Smaller incisions decrease the risk of wound infection and chances of hernia formation.
- Cosmetically acceptable: Smaller incisions result in less scarring and hence cosmetically acceptable scars.
- Reduced chances of Infections: There is reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants which reduces the risk of acquiring infections.
- Reduced hemorrhaging: The amount of blood loss is lesser during laparoscopic surgeries which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Less metabolic derangements: Medical literature supports the fact that there are lesser metabolic derangements after laparoscopic surgery compared to open abdominal surgery.
- Better postoperative pulmonary function: Pulmonary functions i.e. capacity to breath in and out is least affected after laparoscopic surgery which help in faster recovery from the procedure.
After baby birth we can do sex without condom. If we do without condom then again she will be pregnant or what. Please tell.
With the endless choices on the store shelves it?s hard to know which to choose. Butter vs. Margarine, extra virgin olive oils, refined oils like vegetable and canola.
There is evidence pointing in the direction that it isn?t animal fats causing our epidemic levels of heart disease, but vegetable oils. Research is showing that butter consumption at the turn of the century was about 18 lbs per person per year and the use of vegetable oils was non existent. Cancer and heart disease were rare. Today butter consumption is just above 4 lbs per person per year while the use of vegetable oils and refined oils has soared.
What are refined oils and which ones should you avoid?
Definition: An oil has been refined by using chemicals that are harmful to us. In short it means to ?purify?. But the meaning of purify has many definitions. It may mean the oil was treated with acid, or purified with an alkali, or bleached. It can also be neutralized, filtered or deodorized. All of which require chemicals like Hexane!
Click here for a look into HOW oil gets refined.
In the process of making and refining these types of oils, it leads to PUFas (rancid polyunsaturated fatty acids) which DO NOT hold up well to high heats. In the process of being extracted from the seed these oils oxidize and turn into trans fats. The smell is so rancid that a cleaning process has to take place using bleach to deodorize it.
But most of all AVOID Hydrogenated oils (Crisco and margarine) ~ This is one of the most dangerous products on the market today! It has actually been BANNED in 2 European countries, but not ours.
Hydrogenated oil is made by forcing hydrogen gas into oil as high pressure. The more solid the oil is the more hydrogenated, such as margarine and Crisco or lard. When hydrogenated oils are made the healthy fats are converted into a new type of fat, known as trans fat. This is the one subject that you will find an overwhelming agreement from Doctors, scholars, and scientists alike. Trans fats should be avoided while healthy fats (found in olive oil, nuts and avocados) should be eaten.
Trans fats are so bad for you, the FDA estimated approximately 95% of prepared cookies, 100% of crackers and 80% of frozen breakfast products contained trans fats [Govt Publishing Office] Now that trans fats have to be labeled on products, most companies have removed them from their products. Sneaky, huh?
The problem now isn?t our own kitchens, but what if we dine out? How do we know what restaurants are using? Well California?s governor recently signed legislation to phase out trans fats from restaurants and baked goods in bakeries [Natl Conference of State Legislatures]. (Too bad I don?t live in CA) and New York city became the largest city in the nation to demand restaurants, cafeterias and schools go trans free.
The best advice I can give is to ASK. I ask everytime we go out now if the dressing coming with the salad is homemade or store bought. I ask what types of oils they use when they cook. I ask where they get their vegetables. Don?t turn a deaf ear. Most restaurants will put the bottom line (their profits) over your health. I hate to say that, but it?s true.
So which oils are safe then?
I am 22 years old and my girlfriend is 20 years old last week she was having periods nd they end yesterday but today I had an unprotected sex with her and now i'm afraid tht she may get pregnant can you please help me out.
Doctor im 22 years old. I have irregular periods like 2 to 3months once so I feel like im gaining weight bcz of dis reason.
1. Engage in physical activity
Exercise of 30 minutes or more, most days of the week is advised to improve the health of your heart and circulatory system. Physical activity can help manage your weight and reduce your risk of developing other conditions that make your circulatory system work harder, like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. Exercise is even effective when broken down into shorter sessions.
2. Quit smoking and tobacco use
Smoking and using tobacco products significantly increases your risk for heart disease. Damage to your heart and circulatory system by the chemical compounds in tobacco can cause atherosclerosis, which may lead to heart attack. Once you quit smoking, your risk of heart disease significantly decreases over the next year, according to the mayoclinic website. Regardless of how long you have smoked or used other tobacco products, you will notice the benefits of quitting as soon as you do.
3. Eat high quality foods
Your food intake can significantly improve the health of your circulatory system and heart. Diets containing five to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy products are most beneficial to the circulatory system. Avoiding processed foods, foods that are high in saturated and trans fats, and excessive alcohol consumption can also improve your circulatory system health.
4. Maintain a healthy weight
Managing a healthy weight plays a major role in the health of your circulatory system. Being overweight can increase risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, all of which put you at increased risk for heart attack and other circulation problems. By just losing 10 percent of your body weight, you can significantly increase the odds of not developing these chronic diseases.
The summer heat can be unforgiving at times, especially with the humidity levels on the increase. As you sweat more in summers, water from the body is lost rapidly which may create complications if it is not replenished. Thus foods that contain more water should be emphasized on in hot weather to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
It is also recommended to keep meals light so as not to stress the digestive system too much. The meals that you may enjoy during the scorching summer can be any or all of the following. Read on:
- Fruit salad: Combine various fruits like mangoes, apples and grapes in a salad and eat it during your snack breaks. The fruits provide your body with various macronutrients that boost your immune system and also do not put much stress on the digestive system.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a drink that is made from curd and various spices like curry leaves and cumin powder are added to it. The drink provides the body with calcium and soothes and boosts the digestive system to prevent various indigestion related problems. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Sattu: Sattu is made from roasted gram flour and is a very good source of protein and energy for the body. Sattu contains insoluble fiber which is good for your digestive system. It also helps in cooling the body from the summer heat and fortifies the body with various vitamins to keep you healthy.
- Chickpea salads: Chickpeas mixed with sliced cucumber, onions and various spices can make a wonderful salad for the summer season. Add a tinge of lemon juice to the mix and throw in some diced cheese to make it more satiating. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and manganese which are beneficial for that are beneficial for the body.
- Stir fried vegetables : Vegetables are a good source of fiber and various vitamins which are essential for a healthy body. They do not contain much calories so you may eat them guilt free. You may also pair them with brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to the mix.