Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GhandhiYour feedback matters!
Hello friends, I’m going to take you through a journey of letting you know what diet actually is. The word diet, or rather going to a dietician actually scares us, isn’t it? We start thinking about giving up on our favourite foods, or starvation, or fasting, the do's, the dont's, in simple terms is like just eating soups and salads, isn’t it?
So let’s see what diet actually is. If we see today’s generation, we all are multitasking. We are into so many things. The generation is very stressful, competitive, and demanding, isn’t it? There are many changes we have made to cope up with the present generation, and most important change I feel we have made is in the eating habits.
With many of us working, most of us have half of our meals outside. Just because of the simple reason we are very tired to cook, or we currently have no time to cook. So basically, we do not exercise, we eat outside food. On regular basis, if you keep eating outside food, it taxes your digestive system, which has to work really hard to actually process those toxins and throw it out of the body. And over a long period of time, it will start showing you in terms of gas, acidity, or constipation.
Apart from that, stress is a part and parcel of our life. When the stress levels are too high, we resort to unhealthy things like smoking, alcohol etc. So all this coupled up can lead to a lot of complication. As such we are seeing a lot of increase in diabetes, blood pressure, thyroid, cancer, early menopause, early puberty, early greying of hair. So is there a solution to this? I would put it as it’s not a rocket science. We all know that we should eat healthy, in the terms that our plate should be full of more of fruits, salads, proteins, and less of junk food, or rather, no junk food or packaged foods at all.
We also know that we need to exercise, and should not remain sedentary. Or even if you exercise in the gym for an hour, and sit on your chair in the office for the whole day, it’s equally dangerous. So you need to be active throughout the day. And we also know that we should be calm, quiet and less stressful.
So we all know that this is the prescription for a healthy living, but are we practising it? If we are practising it, great. If not, then we have to, it’s high time that we should ask ourselves the reason as to why? I’ll tell you what does our health depend on. The health depends on three things.
One is the energy intake, what you actually eat, the energy output, that is the amount of calories which you burn, and your metabolic rate.
Metabolic rate is an inbuilt calorie burning rate which is required for an involuntary function of the body, like for your digestion, for breathing, for respiration, for detoxification, etc. now what is the main formula of maintain a healthy weight? It’s like eat right to be healthy. Don’t go on a diet to reduce weight, but eat right. Now, what does that eat right consist of? It consists of what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat, in simple terms. Now what to eat is less of processed food and more of foods in the natural form, like raw foods. When to eat is try and have five to six meals in a day. And how to eat again is try not to eat overcooked food.
For a temporary phase, if you do it for a temporary period of time, the results will always be short-term or short-lived. To get a permanent result and not fall into the trap of yo-yo dieting, try and follow a healthy diet. Everyone is different, and there are different diets for different people. Like, ice cream may be the cure for acidity for someone, and it can be a cause of weight gain for someone. Similarly, banana can help someone reduce weight, and for others it may cause weight gain. So each one of us is different, and this calorie and the nutrient requirement varies with your age, with the stage of life you are in to, with your blood parameters, with your nutritional levels.
So don’t just follow any kind of diet blindly. Get a customized diet for yourself, and I think it’s a must to get a customized diet once in your lifetime. We at Shilp’s Nutrilife we do that, customize your diet plan, and help you stay committed to your healthy goals throughout the life.
For further information, please connect to me at Lybrate.com.
I am of 18 years old. I am having frequent hair fall and also I am having mensuration problem i, e. The mensuration cycle is not in a proper way but the reason behind it is I dnt knw nd I have taken advice of here general doctor and I have tested T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 but there no use of that and I m in need of best advice and suggesting best doctor so that I can contact her/him but preferably lady doctor.
I have missed my period by 6 days. I doubt about my pregnancy. I have tested at home through prega news kit. It shows 1 dark line and one very light pink line. What does it mean?
I am 6 month pregnant. .i want to do 3d scanning .but In which this scanning should be done, And I want to know what all benefits of this 3d scanning?
I am 31 years old. I got my periods on 1st dec and I am still bleeding. For reference I have polycystic ovary syndrome. Is this because of this? Can you suggest some medicine. This is the 1st time I am facing this.
High uric acid in the blood stream leads to gout and arthritis. To prevent gout must have a good diet and refrain from sugars, alcohol and food like meat, poultry, seafood and pulses. Uric acid is not eliminated easily from the system and leads to inflammation and joint pains with gout.
- WATER – Water helps in flushing out all toxins so one should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day , water will also eliminate the excess uric acid n the system.
- CHERRIES- Cherries are rich with anti-inflammatory substance which is known as anthocyanins this help bringing down high uric levels. The anthocyanins helps from not letting uric acid crystallize and settle in joints which are the reason for arthritis and gout. Cherries will help reduce its level.
- BERRIES – Strawberries and blueberries should be added to the diet as they have a lot of inflammatory properties which will fight against higher uric levels.
- APPLES – Have one Apple a day, Apple has Malic acid which neutralizes uric acid. Add apples in your diet.
- CELERY SEEDS – Most popular home remedy is to add celery seeds in your diet this is also a great neutralizer for high uric levels.
- FRENCH BEANS JUICE- This is especially given to people suffering from gout as it is a natural neutralizer for high uric acid content and gives relief from inflammation.
- VEGETABLE JUICES- Drink a lot of vegetable juices like carrot juice, cucumber, beetroot about 300ml of these juices should be taken daily. They are a natural neutralizer to high uric levels.
- FOODS RICH WITH VITAMIN C- Foods rich in Vitamin C are great to neutralize high uric levels , vitamin C disintegrates uric acid and forces it out of the body through urine . Guava , Kiwi, Sweet Lime , capsicum , lemon , tomatoes are great source of Vitamin C.
On my first time sex my girlfriend got only a little drop of blood applied to her. I am confused weather she is virgin or not.
Female dyspareunia refers to painful intercourse. It is estimated that 8 to 21% of women experience this at some point in their lives. Pain during or after intercourse is disturbing and restricts partners need for intimacy. It leaves the partners with an unpleasant experience and may lead to frustrations, anxiety and fear of sex. There is little awareness among couples about dyspareunia and thus a painful experience is sometimes confusing for the other partner and often invites fights and arguments rather than support and understanding.
Women with dyspareunia suffer pain in genitalia or deeper in the pelvis, vulva or vagina. It is more common among women after menopause; however, many women experience pain right from their first sexual attempt or just after initiation while some at deeper penetration.
Causes of dyspareunia could be medical, psychosocial or both. Medical conditions can be cured but often there are underlying personal and psychological factors which need to be addressed usually by counsellors or sexologists.
Diagnosis of the problem begins with a physical examination of the vulva. Apart from this an internal pelvic examination may also be required. A doctor takes into account the nature, extent and duration of pain in determining possible causes and deciding the mode of treatment. During interaction with the patient, various other psychosocial factors are also revealed that must be addressed for holistic treatment.
Medical conditions that could cause pain during or after intercourse are many including lesions, thin skin, scar tissues or ulcers. Infections like uti, herpes, yeast infections, chlamydia, trichomoniasis can also cause pain.
Treatment of infections is through drugs and creams.
- Apart from this, infections of the fallopian tubes or conditions like ovarian cysts, fibroids, tumours or endometriosis could be a reason for deeper and intense pain. In most of the cases, panchkarma is the option.
- Lack of oestrogen is another major cause for this type of pain. Oestrogen deficiency can cause lack of lubrication making vaginal area dry. This can cause painful friction during intercourse. Along with lubricants, a natural herbal treatment is given.
- Apart from medical causes, fears or anxieties associated with sex can sometimes lead to pain. Lack of harmony in relationships can lead to loss of desire for sex leading to vaginal dryness and discomfort. A traumatic sexual experience of the past may also inhibit a partner to be at peace in the act and may invite psychosomatic problems. It is important for the partner to be sensitive and lend a hand of support. Understanding how a partner wishes to be caressed and touched and making efforts towards providing a sexually exciting experience can go a long way in removing partner’s inhibitions/fears and introducing positive sparks in the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal panchkarma experts.
STD or Sexually Transmitted Diseases are incurred by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times while others may be milder but annoying . They affect your sexual life. These should not be ignored and require treatment and medication.
Some of the common STDs are:
- Hepatitis B
- Genital Herpes
The most dangerous are HIV and Syphlis and Hepatitis B.
Everyone who had unprotected sex with unknown partner should get themselves checked after 2 weeks of exposure. Early treatment is crucial. Others like Herpes, chancres, chlamydia and gonorrhea are not so dangerous in people with normal immunity but in elderly, diabetics and immunological weak persons may be affected more seriously. It may cause infertility in females STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I had my periods cycles as 2 July 2016 8 Aug 2016 12 sep 2016 17 oct 2016 18 nov 2016 23 Dec 2016 and 25 Jan 2017 from 30th Jan till 3rd March we had unprotected sex every other day (means leaving 1 day in between for e.g day 1 we had sex so next day no sex on day 3 again sex we did this till 3rd March 2017) in order to get conceived but still no signs n symptoms. Can any1 tell me how to use prega-news pregnancy detection kit whether to store it in fridge right after buying from Pharmacy n than keep it at room temperature n than use it?
Problem is for my cousin sister please note in her problem as she told me "I am unmarried girl. Age 40. I have no affair or sexual relation with any male but from 4/5 months I am watching some liquide type element discharge from my both breast. Fiirstly It was yellowish but now it is white. In the gapping of 2/3 days I feel a very unbearable pain in my breasts and the place around nipple are swelling and I feel It is fillied with some liquide. No other problem in my body except this. Till now I did not take any medicine. I am in very fear and shyness for my problem. Please advise with medicine"
I had sex the day before. Used the protection. But I am worried if the condom. Broke.my periods started 3 hours later that day. I am not on pills.
Whenever we discuss about diseases, we have to discuss about food. Old generation india had a food culture, now we lost everything.
After we born in uterus, we started to eat from what our mother eats, after we die, we eaten by worms, fishes tress. If you didn't respect your annam (food, it will change the behaviour of cells and soon we become ill. Bcz cells generated from annam.
3 things never do with your food.
1. Never refuse food
2. Never avoid food
3. Once you say" no" then never eat the food.
- If somebody invite us for a lunch, we says no. If you already had food, then tell them" I had just now, we will definitely have some other time.
- If somebody invited and you didn't eat anything or you r hungry, still says" no"
- It's a irrespect of that annam, which your cells made.
- Don't ready the food on table before you sit. You should wait for food, food should not wait you.
- Same like, leave the table only after taken the food from table not before.
- Eat the food with only full satisfaction.(thrupthi)
- Always respect and thankful to who farm the food, cook the food, serve the food. Never irrespect them.
- Ayurveda says, we not only eat food through our mouth, but with our nose, eyes, etc. Thats why acharya's says never showcase or demo food. You are eating that food with your eyes and nose.
This things are more than enough to prevent you from diseases and being healthy. If you do not, then no matter what medicines you take, you will not cured anyway!
My wife (27 yrs) is suffering from mensuration pain every month and the pain is very severe also as per her the flow of the blood is not that much, the secretion flow is less. Please call so that I can elaborate the issue is details and please I am on my knees. Please tell me the way to take of her from that.
I am 24 Year old I had sex with my girl friend today i. E13 Day of her cycle with condom but condom was broken inside. I gave her optional72 Pill after having sex. Is their any chance pregnancy.
* दांतों का गलना – छुहारे खाकर गर्म दूध पीने से कैलशियम की कमी से होने वाले रोग, जैसे दांतों की कमजोरी, हड्डियों का गलना इत्यादि रूक जाते हैं।
* रक्तचाप – कम रक्तचाप वाले रोगी 3-4 खजूर गर्म पानी में धोकर गुठली निकाल दें। इन्हें गाय के गर्म दूध के साथ उबाल लें। उबले हुए दूध को सुबह-शाम पीएं। कुछ ही दिनों में कम रक्तचाप से छुटकारा मिल जायेगी।
* कब्ज – सुबह-शाम तीन छुहारे खाकर बाद में गर्म पानी पीने से कब्ज दूर होती है। खजूर का अचार भोजन के साथ खाया जाए तो अजीर्ण रोग नहीं होता तथा मुंह का स्वाद भी ठीक रहता है। खजूर का अचार बनाने की विधि थोड़ी कठिन है, इसलिए बना-बनाया अचार ही ले लेना चाहिए।
* पुराने घाव – पुराने घावों के लिए खजूर की गुठली को जलाकर भस्म बना लें। घावों पर इस भस्म को लगाने से घाव भर जाते हैं।
* मासिक धर्म : छुहारे खाने से मासिक धर्म खुलकर आता है और कमर दर्द में भी लाभ होता है।
* खजूर गर्भवती महिलाओं में दूध की मात्रा में वृद्धि करता है और अधिक ऊर्जा प्रदान करता है।
* आंख की पलक पर गुहेरी रोग हो जाता है। खजूर की गुठली को रगड़कर गुहेरी पर लगाए। आराम मिलेगा।
* मोटापा - खजूर का सेवन मोटापा लाता है तथा शरीर का भार बढ़ता है, अतः मोटे व्यक्ति सोचकर खाए। दुबले व्यक्ति भार बढ़ाने के लिए खा सकते हैं।
* जिनकी पाचन शक्ति अच्छी हो वे खजूर खाएं, क्योंकि यह पचाने में समय लेती है। छुहारे, पुरा वर्ष उपलब्ध रहते है। खजूर केवल सर्दी में तीन महीने। जब जो उपलब्ध हो, उसका सेवन करें।
Iam female 42 yrd old iam suffering with bone pains, periods coming regular with less bleed, knees pain even I climb four steps also, now from one week tendays iam suffer ing with itching on body full body its very irritating.
If after sucking if the fluid goes inside, suppose swallows it is there any issue. Will there be any infection on later stage. If my husband licks my pussy and swallows will there be any infection in later stage. Does this sperm or fluid from the cock affect our body health.
Am 5months pregnant feeling numbness. By normal sit also in legs and hands. And am feeling lot of heat in stomach. please refer me healthy diet.
- Best way to keep yourself hydrated in summer
- Aids in digestion
- Fights acidity
- Helps to manage weight
- High on electrolytes
100 g curd/yogurt
½ tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder or add as required
3/4 cup water
5 to 6 small ice cubes
black salt/kala namak as required
pinch of Hing
a few coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnish
take all the ingredients in a blender jar, except the coriander leaves.
just pulse the blender for some seconds till everything is blended well and the mixture becomes frothy.
pour chaas in glasses.
garnish with coriander leaves and serve chaas immediately.
you can also chill the butter milk in the refrigerator and serve later. but use it in the same day.