Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GhandhiYour feedback matters!
Meri last periods date thi 27 april. Pregnancy test is positive. But mjhe mjhe bahut hi mild pain rehta stomach main. Wht would be d reason. Second thing main eltroxin 25 mg leti hun. Lastly 16 may thyroid profile the thi value is 3.32. Pain kis wajah se ho rha. Main koun sa month pregnant count hoga ab.
I have hyper acidity for the last 20 years I did my endoscopic test as well as barium swallow test the result shows Hiatal hernia, I am taking antibiotics omezprazol 10 mg for the same period of 20 years, advice some treatment asap.
Amla, otherwise called as indian gooseberry, is light green in colour and tastes sour. The indian gooseberry belongs to the euphorbiaceae family. This fruit ripens in the autumn in wet, forested, hilly areas on the indian subcontinent. In india it is considered a sacred tree. The fruit is very nourishing. Both dried and fresh fruits can be consumed for their health benefits.
Indian gooseberry has also been found to be low in saturated fats, very good source of dietary fiber, and vitamin c. Amla contains good amount of calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene and vitamin b complex, making it good for health.
Health benefits of amla:
The health benefits of indian gooseberry can be partially attributed to its high vitamin-c content.
Amla enhances food absorption, thereby aiding in maximum absorption of nutrients in the body.
Balances stomach acid, hence it is recommended to treat gastritis.
Fortifies the liver by detoxifying it.
Nourishes the brain and mental functioning
Supports the heart. It strengthens the heart muscles, thereby aiding in uniform pumping of blood and the vit c and chromium prevents plague formation in the blood vessels.
Strengthens the lungs
Regulates elimination of free radicals
Helps the urinary system
Increases skin health
Promotes healthier hair
Acts as a body coolant
Flushes out toxins
Improves muscle tone
Acts as an antioxidant. Many health problems are caused by oxidative damage (when body cells use oxygen, they produce by-products called free radicals that can cause damage). Antioxidant agents prevent and repair these damages.
Good hair tonic
Improves eyesight, especially improves short sightedness and cataract
Amla helps in absorption of calcium
Treats menstrual cramps
Chromium content of amla makes it a drug for treating diabetes
It helps in proper digestion and the fiber present facilitates bowel movements.
It helps to treat diarrhea and dysentery
It is proved to improve appetite.
Vitamin-c is a good antioxidant agent, which makes gooseberries a powerful tool against a variety of conditions, including various types of cancer.
It provides remedies for many diseases, so it is widely used in ayurvedic treatment. So consuming amla is a great way to keep your body looking and feeling great!
Uma Maheshwari PS
Dietitian, happy living diet clinic
+91 99000 46344
I am 23 years old and I haven't got my menses since 3 months and have medicines prescribed by doctor bt dint get the result. Kindly help me to overcome this problem as soon as possible.
Hello I took I pill on 11 Dec 2016 n my with drawal bleed was on 16 Dec So now my newcycle shud start om 17 Dec 2016. N my periods shud come on 17 jan 2017 But my periods did not occur yet? Why so?
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
I had miss my periods since 1 mnth nd 11 th day. Nd I had checked 3 times pregnancy test by kit bt results are negative. So wat should I do?
In my ovulation cycle egg is not getting ruptured and forming as cyst .this causes infertility for us. Please let me know why this is happening.
When I'm having intercourse I'm bleeding. But my monthly date was finished 5 days back. It often happens when having intercourse is there any problem.
I am recording my Basal Body Temperature daily Morning as I am trying to conceive. Today is my expected period date. I found yesterday and today my BBT is at highest. 97.8. Last highest recorded temperature was 97.6 during ovulation. I have all signs of getting my periods. Cramps, heaviness in lower tummy. I usually read that temperature drops while approaching expected period if not conceived. But I am having all PMS symptoms. So what could be the reason. Your answer will help me learning my fertility chart better.
I am pregnant. What food I should have to take? For healthy child. I will be thankful to you for this. Please advise.
Sir, I am trying for last 10 month since my marriage my age is 29 and my wife is 24. But she is not conceiving. I had the semen test which shows 40million/ml and motility 80 And normal form 80 and pus cells 1-2. And reaction is alkaline. A doctor advised me for speman forte. Can it help me? And for how much period I have to take it. And should I avoid sex during this period while I have speman forte. Thanks.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation:
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Running is a journey. Becoming the runner we want to be doesn’t happen overnight. For most of us, it takes many years, many mistakes and many lessons to improve, grow and realize our full potential. It’s a never-ending journey. No matter how many running accomplishments we conquer, we are still always learning. Whether you’re a new runner looking to tackle your first half marathon or marathon this year or are a seasoned runner, these following reminders will help you become the best runner you can be by avoiding common running mistakes.
- drinking too much of sports drinks
- wearing improper sports shoes
- running too much without strength training
- not hyderating properly
- not alternating hard days with easy days
- not controlling upper body
- starting too quick and ignoring after run cool down routines
- running too much and skipping the next day run
- trying something new every other day
- training with someone too far ahead of pace
- over striding
My wife got tested by our gynecologist for vaginal infection and after some medicines she told us dat my wife is ok now and there is no infection but still there is a very unpleasant odour coming from the vagina which I can feel at the time of oral sex. Some time its too much. What should we do now coz its hampering our sex life. It smells like unflushed urine in d commode. Please help.
Hi, I have a doubt regarding expiry of medicines. All of us know expired medicines should not be used. But unknowingly I have done such mistake as I fed it to my child. Doctor advised her vitamin d3 since birth and I used to do that. Recently I used a file without checking it's expiry. Today I came to know about. Could you please suggest that if medicines expires then also how long can it be used by somebody? It seems stupid but I need an opinion.
Look after your hair this Holi in these 3 effective ways
Holi is the ever exuberant festival of colors where everyone indulges in fun and frolic. Traditionally played with natural colors derived from flowers, Holi is now celebrated with harmful, toxic and inorganic colors that can really leave you with ruined hair and skin post celebration. These colors comprise of dyes, chemicals, glass powder and metals such as mica - all of which have extremely harmful effects on your skin and hair.
The colors used during Holi can cause your hair to become dull and brittle and may even induce a condition known as acute irritant contact dermatitis, which causes redness, irritation and burning of the scalp area.
Follow these tips to take care of your hair and scalp as you enjoy the festival.
1.Oil your hair
Apply oil to your hair about an hour before you play Holi to maximize the penetration of the oil into the scalp. Oil prevents the color from settling down into your hair, thus, making it easier to remove later on. It also acts as a shield by providing protection from chemicals and dirt, and can help in preventing your hair from becoming dry and frizzy due to prolonged exposure to colors and the sun.
2.Cover your tresses
Tie your hair up in a bun or ponytail to minimize its contact with harmful colors. If possible, cover your hair with a scarf or shower cap to protect it from the damage.
3.Wash your hair the right way
Thoroughly rinse your hair with plain water to get rid of dirt, dry colors, chemicals and the mica particles contained in it. After that, apply a mild shampoo on your hair, gently massaging your hair and scalp and leave it in for about 10 minutes. This will help in extracting and dissolving all the dust and colors stuck to your hair and scalp. Rinse out the shampoo and apply a rich conditioner to replenish the oil and moisture that have been stripped away by the chemicals. If your hair is still dry and lifeless, oil it overnight after Holi, as well. Applying hair masks is also a good idea to help your mane regain its former glory.
Menstruation is a reality of life for women. There are several options like pads, tampons, menstrual cups and panty liners to deal with menstruation. However, there is often a comparison between pads and tampons - as to which one is a better option. Here is an insight to guide you to what's better for you that also ensures your good vaginal health.
Pads have been occupying the most favorite position among women since a long time and it's the best option if you have just started your period. Tampons are discreet and are the best option for swimmers and athletes as it allows greater freedom of movement. Both have been proven to provide efficient period protection but it really depends on your preference and comfort with a particular product.
Size and fragrance
Both pads and tampons come in various shapes and sizes suiting everyone's preferences. There are large, extra large and even pads with wings to cope with the intensity of flow. Both the products have fragrant variations to combat the pungent period smell.
Impact on vaginal health
The vaginal area harbors microorganisms which are needed to maintain its PH balance. Pads do not affect the PH level but the fragrance can cause irritation which is present in both the products. Pads and Tampons should be changed at regular intervals to avoid leakage or
infection. Pads do not have harmful effects on your vaginal health generally if you are not
allergic to the material which can cause skin rash. The impact of tampons on the vaginal health is a controversial topic.
Many studies show that tampons contain many chemicals to make them super absorbent, which are harmful. Small traces of dioxin are found which influences the reproductive tissue and immune system. Tampons have a tendency of absorbing everything including the microorganisms needed in the vagina to maintain its PH level.
Both tampons and pads have some impact on the vaginal health, but which one you choose really depends on your preference. It is advised to oversee their compatibility with the vaginal area before committing to any of them.