Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Genny Thakur
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Genny ThakurYour feedback matters!
Sir I have some problem for my teeth. I have put steel in my teeth now 3 years have finished but now no tighting. Please advise.
In my mouth on right cheek near lower jaw I got small whitish red spot can you please say some precautions to prevent it my friends saying it is cancer.
Am 23. I chewed gutkha and tobacco for five years but not consistently. I developed oral submucous fibrosis. Their are many whitish fibrous bands in my mouth and soft palate. My mouth opening is good and I already met ENT doctor many times and he said nothing to worry about. But the biggest problem is that I develop consistent mouth ulcers even I didn't chew gutkha right now. Doctor told me Whatever damage is done to my mouth will remain permanent but you should quit tobacco and I did the same thing as doctor said. But I'm getting mouth ulcers consistently and Whenever I eat anything it hurts my mouth due to trauma. I'm really scared that one day this fibrosis will turn into cancer due to this frequent ulcers. I'm spending my time thinking about the same thing over and over again even my doctor said nothing to worry. But I'm really scared please help me.
Doctor, my upper & lower teeth are little front, I want to put teeth braces.. My age is 22, how much does it cost to get teeth brace.
I have tooth ache impact. The x-ray says that the wisdom teeth is struggling to come out due to less space available in jaws as per dentist opinion. Is the removal of the teeth only solution
My teeth's colour became yellow. How can I clean it without consult of any doctor? Any home medicine?
I am 23, I am wearing adult braces for 1 year now.in the past few months, after the gaps between my teeth are getting closed, some of my teeth is getting elevated. Like a little crooked, and uneven level from other teeth. Is this normal? Or some mistake done by my orthodontist?
Hi I am 25 years old and my teeth are in yellowish color from 20 years. What should I understand from that?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.