Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geethika Masrani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geethika MasraniYour feedback matters!
Teenage girls usually hit puberty between 8-14 years and boys a little later at about 10- 13. This is a time of a lot of changes. Sexual maturity of the body happens along with a spurt in height. Needless to say, this special time requires special care from parents like you. Extra nourishment of the body is also required so that your teen can develop optimally.
Let’s take a quick look at how you can support your teen’s growth spurt -
Nutrition is the first block facilitating the optimal growth of teenagers. The other blocks are sleep and play.
Sleep: All teenagers need 8-9 hours of sleep every night, according to the National Sleep Foundation, America. This is because our pineal or master gland produces growth hormone during this time. And exposure to maximum quantities of growth hormone is crucial if you want your child to grow optimally and not remain stunted. Less sleep usually means less exposure to the growth hormone and less height than was written in your child’s DNA. However, you must also know that puberty causes a change or shift in your teen’s sleep- wake cycle. This means that he or she will usually go to bed late and wake up late too. The thing to do is to let your child sleep longer.
Food and nutrition: All praises sung for good nutrition during puberty will still not be enough. Teens, as we know, love to eat junk food these days. They love processed foods, hate greens and veggies and the scary part is that this could throw a spanner in their growth.
- Great nutrition is essential to optimal growth of your teen and there’s just no getting around that.
- During the growth spurt of puberty, your teen requires the maximum calories and nutrients in his or her entire life span.
- The ‘Growing’ or healthy foods should form at least 90 % of your teen’s total food intake every day.
And these ‘Growing’ foods are:
- Protein is the most required food group for growth and development of the body.
- This is so because it is the building block of all tissue, including muscles and bones.
- Teens need at least half grams of protein per pound of their body weight to grow optimally.
- Good sources of protein are eggs, meat, nuts, seeds, legumes and veggies.
It’s not scientifically right, however, to ply your teen with proteins. Why? Because it will not help her grow, but may actually leave her dehydrated.
- What happens during a growth spurt? The bones grow vertically. Arms and legs grow longer.
- And we all know that calcium is very important for bones and, so is vitamin D as these are both bone-forming nutrients.
If your teen eats enough foods containing calcium and vitamin D, her bones will be strong for a lifetime…
So, make sure your teen has enough of the above in her daily diet.
- Teens don’t usually eat on time. They hem and haw during mealtimes and stop their bodies getting the nutrition it needs to grow.
- Skipping meals also only feeds bingeing on junk food and stops the absorption of nutrients.
Your teen, thus should eat three square meals per day without skipping a meal. Snacking is not bad, as long as it’s healthy. ‘Growing’ foods like nuts and seeds can be consumed.
- Activity is crucial to growth too.
- Regular exercise is good because it keeps your teen’s metabolism healthy and supports digestion and appetite. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I got my endometric cyst removal surgery in oct 2014 and I got the focille studies and injections last month for conceiving but it failed. Will I not conceive at all, what is the problem.
Hi dis s sandu, my problem s dis month I missed my periods from last four days, nd am suffering from motions, s dat symptom of pregnancy will you please tell me.
Is deviry tablet is for pregnancy like what is use of that in pregnancy and when it use like if I had no intercourse it that period when I take a medicine.
Please suggest me best effective female pill ,for instantly getting her into sexual mood ,my wife age is 22.
Hi, How to make bone stronger and always feel no energy, get a back pain and foot pain during periods.
I am 27 years old girl. I have a thyroid problem for 10 years and also has PCOS for 1-2 years. I am taking medicines regularly and also do the test to check my thyroid level. I was very slim before. I was 49 kg but now my weights has increased to 60 kg. Fats are mostly on belly fat and on the sides, also on thighs. I have started going to the gym also. Kindly help to reduce my weight.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor Am in my 8th month of pregnancy. According to hb test my hemoglobin has reduced to the level of 7.5.and mine is ceassrian case. What food shall I take to increase my blood soon. Please help me out. Within one week I have to gain 3 to 4 point hb.
Sexual dysfunctions in men are common but until now not many men preferred talking about it. The taboo that is associated with it is hard to break, but we are slowly progressing as a society.
In the recent years, with the drastic increase in the types of male sexual dysfunction as well as the number of patients suffering from it, i have seen a lot more openness towards this taboo and people, especially men are coming out to talk about their sexual dysfunctions.
In the last blog i mentioned the types of male sexual dysfunctions that are prevalent which might help you detect the problem your suffering with, so if you want to read that blog i’ll link it here.
Of course, you should know that treatment for male sexual dysfunctions is not rare. Sexual dysfunctions are curable if you take immediate action.
How to overcome sexual dysfunctions is something i’ve been telling my patients for years now. One of the major health benefits is that the treatments i’ve been providing have no side effects.
Most of my patients have used other forms of remedy before their disorder became severe. Because most drugs to treat ED have side effects and can harm you. That’s why they rushed towards natural ways to curb the problem.
I believe in the power of Ayurveda and hence will advise you the same. So many people opting for natural methods even though there are modern formulas available only shows the power of Ayurveda.
So stick around to know the natural ways to overcome sexual dysfunctions.
Diet plays an important role in your sex life. I always persist my patients to eat the right food in the right amount, that’s the key. Just eating healthy does not do the trick, you need to know the right food required to treat your condition.
For example, erectile dysfunction is caused when there isn’t enough blood flow into the penis, which means your blood circulation is not that great. In this case, you should opt for garlic and also a fruit like watermelon.
Watermelon is called nature’s viagra because it dilates your blood vessels so that more blood can flow into your penis and you get a stronger erection.
Whereas garlic is that magical herb that’s a sexual aid for all. It increases the production of nitric oxide in your blood which increases the blood circulation. Hence helping you achieve fuller and stronger erections.
You could also read this article on the 5 natural ways to treat Erectile Dysfunction
Techniques To Get Rid Of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation is usually due to a psychological cause of anxiety or nervousness in young men. For them, this can be easily treated with little effort. That’s why for the youth suffering from premature ejaculation, you can use the squeeze technique to delay your orgasm.
If you want to know the process in detail, you can watch this Video for reference.
It’s simple- when you’re fully erected and nearing the point of orgasm, you need to keep your thumb on the frenulum and index finger on the opposite side and squeeze firmly but not too painful and last for 10 -15 seconds.
After this, pause for about 30 seconds for your erection to drop. Then start again.
Do this for 4 to 5 times and for at least 15 to 20 minutes every day and you can see the changes.
For older men suffering from premature ejaculation, you can try the squeeze technique, but it might not be a long term solution. What you need is Ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is an ayurvedic cure used for centuries. It has magical properties which help in boosting libido in men and increases the ejaculation time. I recommend you to definitely include this in your diet.
Testosterone For Low Libido
Low libido is the main reason for the onset of sexual disorders in men. The lack of sexual desire can be caused due to psychological as well as physical reasons. Anxiety, depression or a negative sexual attitude towards sex can be one of the reasons.
First and foremost you need to rethink your relationship with your partner. Are you happy? What could be the problem? Discuss all this and more with your partner. They need to know if you’re suffering from a problem and then get help.
Lack of sexual desire can also be a result of low testosterone in men. If that is the reason, you could easily boost your testosterone naturally, if you want to know how to increase your testosterone naturally i’ll link an article Here.
Surgical And Professional Treatment For The Helpless
Some sexual dysfunctions need immediate action. The condition of priapism wherein, the penis is erect for more than 4 hours in serious and needs immediate medical attention.
In this case, you should rush to the doctor because the excessive blood that is retained in the vessel and nerves of the penile shaft must be taken out using aspiration process. That is why it is really important to seek medical attention once the onset and symptoms of priapism occur.
Painful sex could be due to many reasons, like inflection or genital herpes. If this condition persists it could be serious, it’s advisable to seek professional attention.
Sexual health is extremely important for everyone.
Sexual dysfunctions might be common but there are very useful treatments for sexual dysfunctions available and in fact, there are home remedies for sexual dysfunctions that work like magic.