Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geethika Masrani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geethika MasraniYour feedback matters!
I feel like something catching my lower stomach past one week is it a symptoms of pregnancy I had my periods on 24/04/17.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!
Dr. I am 23 year old I got married in april 2015 we are trying to conceive every time we expect but fail to. Every month my wife menses late for 15 to 20 days month after month irregular menses .now she detected with pcos .medication is on and exercise also .but sometime I feel that is there any wrong with my fertility or my wife irregular menses making negative us to conceive .please guide me .regards.
Hello sir. I am in big problem sir please help me out. Sir I had sex on 12th with my girlfriend and during sex condom was torned. And the sperm get injected in her vagina. After then I had given her a pill name unwanted72 on next day. And regullarly her period date is 14 and now its 22 but then also period not comes. So is there a chance of pregnancy?
Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals found in the body. Bones contain 99% of the body’s calcium. Calcium is essential for good bone health. Bones are constantly being broken down and reformed. This process is known as remodeling. Remodeling involves the breaking down of old bone tissues and its replacement with new bone tissue. At any given point of time, 5% of the bones in the human body are being remodeled.
Calcium is the most important element for bone remodeling. This is what makes up new bone tissue. Hence, if the body does not get enough calcium, the new tissue replacing the old tissue will be weaker and low in density. This makes the bones prone to fractures. The most active phase of bone remodeling is up to the age of 20. This is when bones are being shaped. A deficiency of calcium at this stage can lead to skeletal deformities such as rickets and bow legs. Bones reach their peak density between the ages of 12 to 30. After the age of 40, the rate at which old bone tissue is reabsorbed becomes higher than the rate at which new tissue is created. Thus, calcium is necessary at every stage.
Calcium also helps prevent orthopaedic conditions such as osteoporosis. This is because it builds new bone tissue that is strong and thus maintains the bone density. If left unchecked, osteoporosis can lead to frequent fractures, bone deformities, and chronic joint pain. Older women are most susceptible to this condition because of the hormonal changes that occur after menopause.
Calcium is available in a number of food items. Milk is one of the most important sources of calcium. Vitamin D should be taken along with calcium to ensure that the body can absorb the calcium. Some of the other common sources of calcium include dairy products, green leafy vegetables, some types of fish, peas, beans and almonds. Eggs are also a rich source of calcium and vitamin D. In addition, children and adults over the age of 40 should also take calcium supplements. Women typically need a higher supplement dosage as compared to men of the same age. However, it is important not to consume more than 2000mg of calcium per day as this could be harmful to the health of the kidneys. In addition to having a diet rich in calcium, one must also exercise regularly to maintain bone health and drink plenty of water.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi meri wife kaa period 3 ko aaya hai to pregnancy hone ke liye mujhe kab kab aur kitne din sex karna hoga please sir help me because kafi time se pregnancy nhi ho pata rahi hai wife ke beech mai Miscarriage bhi ho gaya tha unka to please sir mujhe batao kis date mai kab kab sex karna hoga please sir help me.
I'm 15 years old. I have irregular periods. While my periods I cannot tolerate my stomach and back pain. Then I suffer with fever whenthis time. How can I get rid of this problems?
I'm 2.5 months pregnant and I take 2 nosic tables after consulting gynecologist every night before sleeping. I don't feel any change in my body like any feeling of having baby inside, no such feeling or getting allergic to some kind of food which usually women prone to allergy during pregnancy. Is it a good sign? Or something to worry upon?
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.