Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha SriYour feedback matters!
Mam mujhe ye jana hai ki meri wife ki MC 28 June ko aayi thi or 30 june ko shadi thi. Uska period 4 din rehta hai. Maine 3 se 5 july ko with out protection kiya to kya wo pregnant ho sakti hai. Uska mc 28 din ka rehta hai to uske hissab se 25 july ko mc aani thi or mere usse 26 ko. Lekin ab tak uski M C nai aayi kya karan hai. please solve my problem.
Fatigue is a common complaint amongst middle aged people. It is mostly seen in people who have refrained from physical activity or working out for long. This being said, there are a host of other diseases where fatigue acts as the most prominent symptom. Some major diseases where fatigue is involved are anemia, heart diseases, thyroid and diabetes. If you are feeling exhausted or worn out even after a good night’s sleep, it is time to consult your doctor. Here are a few tips that can help you in managing fatigue in the early stage:
- Review your existing medication: Get your doctor to check your medication to ensure that the fatigue is not a result of your existing medicine. Doctors often change the medication for any side effects such as this. It is also advised not to take additional medicine to counter fatigue.
- Start moving: Studies show that physical activity greatly boosts the level of energy in an individual. Daily exercise not only reduces fatigue but makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. It increases vigor and the overall quality of life. According to a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, it was seen that people who are more active have more self-confidence.
- Drink water: Dehydration often causes day time fatigue. It not only impairs the physical performance of an individual but also contribute to lack of alertness and motivation. A good indicator of the body’s hydration is the color of the urine. Ideally it should be yellow, pale or straw colored. Any coloration other than this signifies that the body needs more water.
- Hit the bed early: Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors of fatigue. A study conducted by the Stanford University in 2004 showed that people with good sleeping habits suffers from less fatigue. An afternoon nap followed by a coffee further reduces fatigue and energizes a person. 8 hours of sleep is considered to be healthy and keeps fatigue at bay.
- Frequent eating: It is observed that people who eat small meals several times a day are less prone to this condition than others who eat twice or thrice a day but eat bigger meals. Frequent eating maintains a steady blood sugar level and helps a person concentrate harder. This being said, it has to be ensured that food is consumed in smaller quantities to refrain from putting on weight.
- Try Yoga: While any kind of exercise is helpful in countering fatigue, yoga is particularly helpful in boosting energy. A British study conducted among young adults showed that those who attended 6 weeks of yoga classes are found to be more energetic and mindful. Yoga should be practiced under strict supervision of an instructor to avoid any possible complications of the body.
Hello doctors, I am trying to conceive. Goin thru the treatment of clomid and injectable as I am having PCOS and Thyroid. Having 2 failed cycles and now I am on 3rd cycle and ovulated naturally too. I am 10 dpo. I want to reduce my weight but nothing help me alot. I am 83kg and 5'3 tall. I am having two questions- 1) can I take 3-4 cups of green and ginger tea (mixed together) after ovulation has occurred? 2) can I use herbalife products like shakes for reducing weight? These products do help in loosing weight but I want to know if taking herbalife can cause some problems with conceiving?
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take #ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception:
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy:
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#gynecologist #pregnancy #emergencycontraceptive #drjyotsnagupta #ECP #gynaecologist
5 signs your body is lacking in water
Water is indispensable for the human body as 90% of the brain and almost 60 per cent of an adult body is chiefly made up of water. Water is just as important as any of your meals. Each cell and organ depends on water for its proper functioning and for flushing out toxins and fats from the body. An average man must consume roughly 3 litres (10-12 glasses) of water per day; and a woman requires about 2.5 litres (8-10 glasses). If you're not meeting this requirement, you might be fall prey to dehydration.
The state of water deficiency or dehydration can be determined through various symptoms. Read on to know the 5 most common signs:
1. The colour of your urine is dark
The colour of your urine indicates your health. The lesser the water you drink, the darker is the colour of your pee. If your urine is pale yellow, you drink a sufficient amount of water. If it's dark yellow and concentrated, it's a sign for you to refill on water. Also, if you haven't urinated for more than two hours, you should immediately gulp 2 glasses of water.
2. You experience frequent headaches
Headaches are often caused by dehydration when the pressure from your blood vessels falls. Dehydration makes it tough for your heart to pump enough oxygen to the brain. Drinking sufficient amounts of water ensures the flow of oxygen in your body.
3. You feel dizzy and fatigued
Lack of water can often lead to laziness and restlessness. It may also cause a rapid change in your blood pressure. Low or high blood pressures are stimulants of fatigue. Water gives you instant energy that wakes up your whole system, thus making you feel revitalised.
4. You have constipated bowel movements
Water is one of the top natural remedies for constipation or troubled bowel movements. If your fluid intake is low, you're likely to have stomach, gastric and bowel problems. The digestive system depends on water to help food move through both the intestines. It checks the functions of the digestive tract, while also keeping it flexible and clean.
5. You experience brain fogs and blackouts
Your brain cells and nerves react severely to water loss. You may start feeling a lack of concentration along with temporary memory loss. Blackouts and fogs are common when you have a deficit of water. You might even experience difficulty in carrying out cognitive tasks.
If you're experiencing similar issues, you must enhance your daily water intake. You can try carrying a sipper around, which allows you to keep a tab on your water consumption. To relish water as a refreshing beverage, you can infuse freshly chopped fruits and herbs in a pitcher of chilled water. This flavoured water also cleanses your body of all toxins and chemicals, thus keeping you fresh.
I indulged in sexual activity on 4th Feb 2017 and in which there was no penetration, my boyfriend touched my vagina for few seconds and safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours n I had some bleeding on 12th February 2017 for 4 days and my period date was 16 February 2017 and last period date was 16/1/2017 .I took pregnancy test on 23 February afternoon which was negative and again on 25th February afternoon which was also negative and on 3rd March also which is negative. Sometimes white thick discharge is there .when will I get my period and what does it all means? Should I need to do more pregnancy test? What should I do? Any medicine or treatment for regulating period? Suggest some home remedies for period.
I had unprotected sex with my gf ; she had periods on 16 april and on 30 april we had sex but condom broke ; she take ipill in 1 hour is there any chance of pregnancy?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.
शुद्ध शहद और दूध पीने से शरीर को कई प्रकार के लाभ मिलते हैं।
यह दोनों ही एक संपूर्ण आहार हैं जिन्हें एक साथ मिलाने से दोगुना फायदा उठाया जा सकता है। जहां दूध में ढेर सा सारा कैल्शियम, प्रोटीन, विटामिन और लैक्टिक एसिड आदि भरपूर मात्रा में पाया जाता है। वहीं पर शहद अपने आप में एंटीबैक्टिरियल, एंटीआक्सीडेंट व एंटीफंगल गुणों से भरी हुई है।
दूध और शहद का सेवन करने से आपका पाचन दुरुस्त होगा, मोटापा घटेगा, हड्डियों में मजबूती आएगी और रात को नींद भी टाइम से आएगी। चलिए जानते हैं दूध और शहद को साथ लेने के ऐसे ही कुछ फायदों के बारे में दूध में अधिक मात्रा में विटामिन ए, विटामिन बी और डी के अलावा कैल्शियम, प्रोटीन और लैक्टिक एसिड पाया जाता है। वही दूसरी ओर शहद में एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट, एंटी-बैक्टीरियल और एंटी-फंगल गुण पाया जाता है
जब दूध और शहद के तत्व मिलते है तो यह एक औषधि बन जाते है। जानिए गर्म दूध और शहद मिलाकर पीनें से क्या फायदे है।
अगर आप तनाव में है तो आपके लिए दूध और शहद काफी फायदेमंद है। इसके लिए गर्म दूध में शहद मिलाकर पीने पीएं। जिससे आपकी तंत्रिका कोशिकाओं और तंत्रिका तंत्र को आराम मिलेगा और आप तनाव से निजात पा जाएगे।
अगर आपको अनिद्रा की शिकायत है। तो आपको यह चीजें अच्छी नींद दिखा सकते है।
इसके लिए सोने के एक घंटे पहले गर्म दूध में थोड़ा सा शहद मिलाकर पीएं। इससे आपको अच्छी नींद आएगी।
यह पाचन क्रिया को भी बेहतर बनाए रखता है। गर्म दूध में शहद का सेवन करना फायदेमंद होता है। जिससे आपको कभी भी कब्ज की समस्या नहीं होगी।
दूध में पाया जाने वाला कैल्शियम आपकी हड्डियों को मजबूत बनाए रखने के लिए फायदेमंद है। इसके लिए दूध के साथ शहद का सेवन करें। इसका सेवन करने से हड्डियों में कोई नुकसान हुआ हो तो उसकी भी भरपाई करता रहता है।
थकान को भगाने के लिए इससे अच्छा कुछ और हो नही सकता है।
गर्म दूध और शहद पीने से शरीर में दुबारा ऊर्जा भर जाती है। गर्म दूध और इसमें शहद डालकर अपने बच्चें को स्कूल जाते समय जरुर दें। इससे उनकी दिन की शुरुआत अच्छी हो।
जो कैंसर से पीडित हैं या फिर जिनके दांत कमजोर हैं और खाने को ठीक से चबा कर नहीं खा पाते।
उनके लिए गर्म दूध और शहद का सेवन काफी फायदेमंद है। यह एक ऐसा आहार है जो हमारें शरीर में जाकर हर कमी को पूरा करता है।
My mom have abdominal pain at the time of mensuration cycle. Please tell me its causes and treatment that should be taken to prevent it.
It is said that the mind controls the body. If the mind is healthy so will the body be. The condition of the mind is often reflected in bodily symptoms and conditions including illnesses.
The temptation in mostly to treat with heavy drugs that might offer temporary relief but have dangerous side effects and do long term harm.
Homeopathy tackles this issue considering safety and cure in a balanced manner to ensure recovery but without harmful side effects.
The concept of psychosomatic disorders has been in existence since the time of Sigmund Freud. The belief is that with the varied emotions that a person experiences, each disease manifests with a different set of symptoms in each person, implying that each person needs to be treated differently and not given the same disease-specific medication. This is where homeopathy plays a very strong role in psychosomatic disorders as it also believes in treating the person as a whole and not just the symptoms.
In homoeopathy, we base our prescription on what we call constitutional symptoms where we give lot of importance to the mental symptom as well as to the characteristic physical symptom. Hence every prescription from a Homoeopathic physician will surely include an element of psychosomatic angle. It is beyond the scope of this editorial to mention all the remedies of Materia Medica which has the scope for the treatment of psychosomatic disorders.
The homeopath always undertakes a thorough discussion with the patient to understand the accompanying symptoms in detail and then arrive at a customized treatment plan.
Some of the most common psychosomatic disorders include irritable bowel syndrome, migraine, GERD, ulcerative colitis, and allergy disorders.
Specific substances are given to manage anxiety, depression, irritability, insecurity, paranoia, etc. These feelings are considered inducers for the above disorders, and managing them can help bring about a harmony in the patient's overall health.
GERD: Gastro esophageal reflux disease is a disorder that results from stomach acid moving backward from the stomach into the esophagus. GERD usually happens because the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the muscular valve where the esophagus joins the stomach, opens at the wrong time or does not close properly.
Homeopathy For GERD:
Homeopathic medicine relies not only on identifying the symptoms of the disease, but on a variety of personality traits, the person's mental state and other characteristic symptoms a patient exhibits which correlate to any particular remedy. When choosing a correct remedy for the treatment of heartburn, all aspects of the patient are taken into account.
These are some of the Homoeopathic medicines that may prove beneficial:- Argentum nit, Cal.carb., China, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, Nat. phos, Nux vomica, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Robinia, sulphuric acid etc.
Migraine: Migraine is a form of headache. The pain is usually throbbing, pulsating and bursting in character. At times, the pain is one sided or may involve the whole head. Such pain may last for hours or even days. It is often accompanied by other symptoms like nausea or vomiting. At the same time, there is increased sensitivity to light and sound. In some cases, the pain is preceded by some warning symptoms like flashes of light, temporary blindness or tingling sensation in the limbs.
Homeopathy for Migraine:
Belladonna is widely used homeopathy remedy for migraines, where headache is throbbing and violent, occurs suddenly, worsens on touching, and relieves with pressure. Glonoine is useful in congestive headaches with a reddened face that is worsened by sun or heat. Natrum Mur is useful in cases where headache is brought on by grief or stress.
Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis is a serious chronic inflammatory disease of the large intestine accompanied by ulcerated lesions of the intestinal tissues. It is characterized by episodes of abdominal pain with profuse diarrhea in which large quantities of blood, pus, and mucus are present in the feces. There is an urgency to move the bowels, as many as, three to ten times per day. It may be accompanied with pain, nausea, and vomit. Because of the loss of blood, the patient may become dehydrated and anemic.
Complications of ulcerative colitis includes liver and kidney disease, peritonitis, toxic mega colon, and risk of developing colon cancer.
Homeopathy for Ulcerative Colitis:
To identify the actual inducing agent, some foods are removed to see if they are inducing attacks. Once identified, that is removed from the patient's diet. In addition, aloe, arsenicum album, carbo vegetabilis, colocynthis, are commonly used remedies for ulcerative colitis. The patient is asked for associated symptoms like bleeding diarrhea, color of the feces, involuntary defecation, abdominal pain, anxiety, cramps, and stress before deciding on a treatment mode.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Irritable bowel syndrome, also known as spastic colon is a functional disorder characterized by recurrent abdominal pain, cramping, and bloating. Some people suffer from constipation, which means hard, dry stools, difficult to eliminate, leading to straining without success. Some people experience diarrhea, with frequent loose watery stools.
Homeopathy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Phosphorus, Nux Vomica, Lycopodium clavatum, Argentum Nitricum, and Silicea are commonly used homeopathic remedies. Associated symptoms that need to be considered before deciding on a therapy include frequency of stooling, nature of stools, abdominal bloating, restlessness, irritability and nervousness.
Homeopathy is a preferred mode of treatment for psychosomatic disorders as they aim at a holistic treatment of the individual and not just at symptom management.
Allergy: Allergy is an abnormal reaction or increased sensitivity to certain substances. The allergic individual produces symptoms when exposed to these substances, which are harmless to non-allergic people. The main reason for this is that allergic people make a special type of antibody called immunoglobin E (IgE), which can react with environmental substances in harmful way. These substances which lead to secretion of IgE antibodies are called allergens.
Homeopathy for Allergy:
Few important remedies for the homeopathic treatment of allergy are- Histamine, Natrum Mur, Kali Bich, Sepia, Hepar Sulph, , Carbo Veg , Sulphur, Bryonia, Nux Vom, Apis Mel, Ailanthus, and Justicia adhatoda.
I am 20 years old girl and I had problem of irregular menstruation. Last time of my menstruation was some 3.5 months ago. I had consulted a gynecologist 1 month ago and she prescribed me to take meprate 10 m. G for 5 days 1 tablet in morning and 1 at night But I am not getting menstruation even after medicines Its been 10 days after the end of meprate course and still nothing happened. Please tell me what should I do now?
I am 28 years of old. I am O positive by blood type. I am supposed to get married after couple of months. The girl I am getting married is 25 years of old and she is O positive by blood type. My question is will hamper in pregnancy post marriage. If yes what is the possible percentage of problem. What kind of problem can we face. What should we do then.
Hi, Still my wife not getting conceive. All tests are positive HSG, Follicular study give good growth of eggs. Regular periods. My semen test give 80millions counts. Normal viscosity. But we both having heat bodies and my home also more heat (No 1st floor) atmosphere. My question is Due to heat body infertility occurs? How to reduce body heat How is to increase sperm liquid viscosity Bcz everyone says If liquid viscosity is thick. Easily getting conceived.
My daughter is 15 years old, she is having pain in stomach areas from three days, she passes stool semi solid form and pain is not continous it is generally twice or thrice in a day. She have irregular menstrual periods too, last period she attended was last week, after three months gap. Kindly suggest should I follow up her pediatrician or some other doc?
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.