Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello Dr. My periods were from 20 December to 26 December, on 31 December we have unprotected sex. On 2nd January suddenly bleeding start and it remain till 7 January and it's only few drops of blood 2-3 times a day and also have foul smell. Tell me the reason for bleeding and what to do.
I am not getting regular period s when I consulted doctor she said that I should lose my weight is any relation between periods and weight if s plzz suggest me to reduce weight.
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A miscarriage is generally characterized by the loss of a fetus before the passage of around one forty days of pregnancy. In medical terminology, a miscarriage is usually referred to as a spontaneous abortion, precisely because it happens spontaneously. According to studies, about 50% of all pregnancies end up in miscarriages and around 80% of miscarriages occur within the first three months of pregnancy. If they happen to occur after the passage of twenty weeks of gestation, they are normally termed as late miscarriages.
The most common cause of miscarriages is primarily due to the presence of some fatal or critical genetic problem in the unborn baby, which may or may not be in any way related to the mother. Apart from this, there is a host of other causes which are held responsible for miscarriages. These may include:
- Cervical insufficiency (weakness of the cervix)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Physical problems in the mother
- Medical problems in the mother
- Immune system responses
- Uterine abnormalities
Here are a few indicators of a miscarriage:
- Bleeding (which can vary from light to heavy bleeding)
- Abdominal pain
- Severe cramps
- Back pain
- Treatment of miscarriages normally involves three steps - a pelvic exam, an ultrasound test and blood tests to confirm whether or not it is a miscarriage.
- If the miscarriage is complete and yet the uterus is still not emptied of its contents, then it may be necessary for you to undergo a dilation and curettage operation.
- If you have gone through multiple miscarriages in the past, then the treatment will probably involve a pelvic ultrasound, a hysterosalpingogram or a hysteroscopy.
I am 38 years woman suffering from pcod disease increased man harmons can I remove my uterus at this age bcoz my skin getting black & lot of hair fall. Please advise.
Since from 1 week I am having problem of vagina. I had done sex with my husband for 6 times for 3 days. Now it's severely paining. I cannot able to manage . So what I have to do now please help me.
I am four weeks pregnant. I am suffering frm severe headache and lower abdominal pain. Is that normal?
Some people experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction and think of consuming Viagra. Viagra is the market name of a substance called Sildenafil, which is used for the correction of erectile dysfunction. It creates hypertension in the blood vessels, enabling you to get an enhanced erection. Viagra is quite useful for boosting your sexual performance. However, you may experience several side effects on your health. Before deciding on using a pack of Viagra, it is advised to consult a doctor to know the exact dosage that would work for you.
1. 50 mg is the recommended dosage for men in general. The dose can be sometimes increased up to 100 mg. It depends on tolerance and effectiveness. The dose may also be decreased to 25 mg in some cases. It is also advised not to take Viagra more than once a day. The dosage will have to be altered if you take other prescribed medicines.
2. Viagra single packs are also prescribed by doctors. Single packs are available in dosages of 25, 50 and 100 mg.
When should you avoid viagra?
Viagra should be avoided in some cases.
These include the following:
1. In case you take prescribed nitrates for chest pain or pulmonary disorder, your doctor would advise you not to use Viagra due as it increases the risk of high blood pressure, which can be quite disastrous for your health.
2. Many people are allergic to sildenafil, which is a substance present in Viagra.
Side effects of consuming viagra
Viagra causes several serious side effects on the body. Therefore, it is very important to take a doctor’s advice and know about the different adversities. The most common side effects include the following:
1. Priapism: This is a condition where your erection lasts for about four hours or longer and does not end. Permanent damage to the penis is indicated if this condition is not treated.
2. Loss of vision and hearing impairment: Viagra may cause Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). This disorder may lead to loss of vision in one or both the eyes. Tinnitus or hearing impairment is another condition, which may occur as a side effect of consuming Viagra.
You should always consult a doctor before you decide to take as he would know best about the dosage required by your body. He will also advise you about an ideal method of usage.
My wife age 48 years her period is not properly twice or thrice in a month, she not takes any medicine for stopping period, please advice treatment (medicine, she is suffering more than 5 yrs.
I have sex with cnndom, no break condom during sex, so how many percentage getting pregnency? please reply
Throw away your cigarettes, lighters, and ash trays if you haven't already
Avoid caffeine, which can make you feel jittery; try drinking water instead
Hang out with non-smokers; most people don't smoke, so you should have options
Go to a place where smoking isn't allowed; unless you want to break the law, you won't light up
Get plenty of rest and eat healthy; lack of sleep and too much sugar can trigger you to smoke
Dr. I want to say that after ectopic how many chances are there for pregnancy because I am suffering since 2012 ?
Hi Dr. My period date is 4. today 5 may I test I am nt pregnant. My period come on time bt nw late. Last month my thyroid is 3. I feel like period from 10 days bt nt yet. I wait or there is chance that pregnancy test may b wrong. I hav mix feeling. In morning gastric. In other side I always feel feet burn in period days this is also happen n bloating also. Plzhelp me I do again pregnancy test.
Sir, I have a one question regarding pregnancy, actually I had sex with my fiancee on 24 march-2015. Then she's period time is coming on 8 april, but not come in period. Then I check pregnancy test of her. I shocked that time. I gives a table of abortion on 18 april. She took the tablet and after that running bleeding, but I have a big tension that she yet or still not come in period. Please please suggest me right way! thanking you.
Me and my wife had unwanted intercourse 2 times (30th april n 2nd may). She had take ipill 2 times (on 30th n 5th may). She is now getting frequent uncontrolled urinations. I am very much worried what is happening, please help me.
I am married since one and half year. I am diagnosed with polycystic ovary in ultra sound scan recently. But I have no symptoms of it like irregular periods and missed ovulation. But I have pain during intercourse. Will this affect my ability to conceive? I am 24 years old and we are trying for a baby now. Please help me with proper treatment suggestions.
Hi doctor, I am diogonised with pcos. Previously I have irregular period but having exercise my period was regular upto march. Then now its same started. So I m taking normoz and one medicn to have periods. So could you please tell me how to concieve quickly by having pcos.
Health Benefits of Tarot root(oal koch)
The health benefits of taro include its ability to improve digestion, lower your blood sugar levels, prevent certain types of cancers, protect the skin, boost vision health, increase circulation, decrease blood pressure, aid the immune system, and prevent heart disease, while also supporting muscle and nerve health.