Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetanjali AminYour feedback matters!
Age 39 years nine months marriage, not able to conceive. From last six months visited several gynae, my all reports are normal. There is little pcod detected. doctor suggested metformin and ovagrace sachets to take daily for three months. Kindly guide me will this medication will help me to conceive? I am very tensed since all my hormones as per doctor are normal. Thyroid is 3.
My period is due on 28th July. My bf is planning to meet me in this weekend. Can we do sex without condom this time. We will be living together for these 2 days and we are very excited. Please suggest if I can have one time ipill/unwanted on Monday if we have sex without protection on Saturday and Sunday both days. Please suggest asap.
I have given birth to twins 15 days ago. As my feeding is not sufficient for both am confused between opting for cows milk or lactogen 1 powder as doctors give different suggestions. Kindly support your suggestion with reason.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled on 18 april. I am having mild pain in my abdomen, waist and back. Irritation in vagina and sometimes mild pain in it. What is it? And why these are occurring? How to get rid of it? Please explain every things in detail.
I am of 29 female. My period lasts 2 days since last year. Normal bleeding not heavy bleed. Not any pain in wastes. Maybe any problem in future in my pregnancy due to less days period?
We are trying for baby but getting it hard. We have now done tests all reports are normal and doctor have prescribed me productive f tablet. Please tell me how much useful it is.
Syphilis is one of the most common STD and can affect both men and women. This bacterial infection can be easily treated, but if left unattended it can cause serious problems. Syphilis can be caught by mere skin to skin contact with an infected person’s genitals or mouth. Hence even if you do not have intercourse with an infected person, you can still get infected from them. If a woman who is pregnant gets infected with this disease, she could pass it on to her unborn child as well.
A person suffering from syphilis may not always exhibit symptoms of the disease. This disease goes through active as well as dormant phases with symptoms being present only in the former. Even its dormant phase, this disease can be transmitted from one person to another.
There are four stages of syphilis and each of them have their own symptoms.
- Primary stage: In its first stage, syphilis is marked by the presence of open sores called chancres. This can occur in the mouth, genitals are or around the anus. It can also be seen in other parts of the body where bacteria may have entered the body. These chancres are painless and may be accompanied by a swelling of the lymph nodes around it. This is the most contagious stage of the disease. Without treatment, these sores will resolve themselves in 3-6 weeks but the syphilis bacteria itself will remain in the body.
- Secondary stage: Anywhere between 2 weeks to 12 weeks after coming in contact with the bacteria, this infection may move into its second phase or secondary stage. At this point, you will notice a rash on your skin. This rash can be seen as a collection of small, flat or raised skin sores along with small, open sores on mucous membranes. These sores may contain pus. Dark-skinned people may notice that these sores are lighter than the surrounding skin. Along with this, the patient may also have fever, a sore throat, headaches, weakness, irritability and suffer from weight loss.
- Latent stage: Once the rash clears, this disease moves into its dormant or latent phase. This is also known as the hidden stage and can last anywhere from 1 to 20 years. It is very difficult to diagnose syphilis in this stage as there are no visible symptoms.
- Late (tertiary) stage: If the disease is not diagnosed and treated by the time it reaches this stage, it can cause a number of serious health problems. This includes blindness, cardiovascular problems, mental disorders and even death. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
She had periods a week ago we had unprotected sex and I come her vagina and after 10 to 15 mint I gave her unwanted 72 is there any chances to get pregnant.
Laughter is the best medicine, we have all heard this a number of times. It is a well known fact that laughter releases healthy hormones like endorphins and send good signals through the neurotransmitters even as it oxygenates your blood with the huge gulps of air that you take in which also strengthens the immune system. Yet, for many us, not being able to laugh has become a chronic problem as we are so caught up in our day to day struggle, that we forget to smile and laugh or rather, we do not believe that we deserve to be happy. For many people, this is a lost art that they do not know how to bring back. So follow these five tips on bringing more laughter back into your life.
- Laughter Club: Join those early morning laughter clubs and get your funny bone working with a session. These sessions usually take place at the park and are a ton of fun to be in. Take a friend or two along and laugh with someone you know. These laughter clubs can be enjoyed by all ages and groups of people.
- Intent: Get into the mood with the right intention. Intent can make or break even the most trying situations and there is nothing the body will not do once the mind has decided to do it. So wake up and go to sleep with the intent to laugh more every day, no matter what the situation, so that you spread happiness within and outside and get some company for laughing even more.
- Morning Routine: Apart from the laughter club right in the morning, you can make laughing a part of your daily routine from the time you wake up. If you are in the habit of switching on the news or reading the newspaper as you get ready to face the world, chances are that you will less than happy and even slightly morose, by the time you step out of the house. So read the comic strip of your newspaper and enjoy a hearty laugh that will shape the way you look at things the entire day.
- Friends: No matter how busy you are, make time for family and friends beyond the routine greetings and meal times. Spend time with the people you love and find things to smile and laugh about.
- Comedy Nights: Reserve a special place for comedy nights in your weekly calendar and watch reruns of your favourite episodes from start to finish. Identify a favourite stand up comic and follow him or her! So laugh your troubles away and laugh your way towards a healthier lifestyle (lear more about Lifestyle Changes For a Healthy HEART)!
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones
Obesity is the state of being overweight. When excess fat accumulates in different parts of the body, it can lead to such a condition. Simply put, when the intake of calories exceeds the amount of calories burned, the extra calories get stored in the body in the form of fat. As per a recent study published in the British medical journal, the Lancet, there were 20 million obese women in India in 2014 as compared to 9.8 million obese men.
Causes of obesity: Accumulated fat leads to excessive weight gain which may occur due to a coalition of many factors such as a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise or improper eating habits. Although a host of involuntary causes such as genetics, hormonal and environmental factors can also lead to such. Recent studies have even concluded that endocrine disorders and medications comprising of psychotic drugs, estrogens, insulin and other such are also likely to lead to obesity.
Symptoms of obesity: Apparent symptoms of obesity include excess body fat, occasional shortness of breath, unwarranted sweating with a foul odor and persistent fatigue. These conditions also lead to further complications like diabetes, infertility and hypertension to name a few.
How to manage obesity with Ayurveda?
In Ayurvedic terms, obesity is called Medarog, which is caused when the Kapha is triggered. A dense, sticky, wet, heavy humor which manages all structure and lubrication in both the mind and the body is known as Kapha. Kapha provides nourishment to the various tissues of the body through several micro channels but when aggravated it leads to the production of toxins which are dense and heavy and subsequently block these micro channels. These toxins heap up in the micro channels and cause a drastic increase in the production of fat tissues, consequently causing an increase in weight. By abolishing foods that aggravate the Kapha from one's diet, people may treat obesity.
The next step would include cleansing the fat tissues using different herbs. Avoiding oily, fried and processed food is highly advisable. Avoiding foods rich in carbohydrates such as potato and polished rice also helps. Increased consumption of greens and fruits helps restore stability and when coupled with exercise, it can be a relatively quick fix to overcome obesity.
Day by day hair loss is getting more. As im student and hostler recently also affected with motions, vomiting, and here in hostel they sometimes use palm oil, quality less water and also water is tasting hard. So how can I overcome with these motions, vomiting, headache, stomach pain, and due to this menstrual cycle became irregular.
I am 21 years old and I doesn't having a periods in this month. And there is no pregnancy. I have checked with the pregnancy test. I am very scared what should I do?
I am 30 years old my period was on 25 of Nov this month is delayed a week bef I took I pill is this becoz of this pill my period is delayed.
Hello Dr, She is my friend. Before few month her husband tried to do sex her back side. From that time she feel pain and bleeding when she goes to get fresh. What should wo do Dr. please help us.
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?