Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetanjali AminYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 24 male recently got married with my girlfriend (age 35), 1. I want to know is this OK to mary with high age of girl or what are the effects that occur in our life due to such age difference? 2. We are planning for sexual intercourse at our honeymoon, but we are very scared of pain when hymen breaks. Can she bear that pain and we continue with sex at same time and what can we do on immediate basis if pain increases in such situation? Is there any first aid that we should carry with us at our honeymoon? Please help me with all the answers. Thank you!
Generally there is a faulty belief that fruits will help to get rid of constipation.
But the fact is this: Almost all the fruits (except lengthy kerala banana called nenthrappazham) owing to their cool nature will suppress the peristaltic movements and worsen constipation.
Similarly fruits can also aggravate infection, inflammation, blood pressure, chances of getting heart attack owing to impaired blood flow.
So fruits are not always healthy!
Irregular periods in 3 years and I have thyroid problem also so take thyronorm 25mcr tablets but no use please give me any suggestions for me I try all pills and corcese also but no use.
I am 25 year old man. And I am suffering from monoparesis of upper limb. And amputation of little finger due to trauma. And shortening of lower limb. Pls tell me in which category of pwd m I belonging in india. Eg. Ol, oa,oal, mw.
I am 24 yrs old. This month i'm having unusual periods which have been going on for two weeks. In the first week I had very slight bleeding but in the second week it was heavy and was more prominent in the morning and late evening. I do have irregular periods and my monthly cycle varies. Is this hormonal change and normal?
What is failure to thrive?
Children are diagnosed with failure to thrive when their weight or rate of weight gain is significantly below that of other children of similar age and sex. Infants or children that fail to thrive seem to be dramatically smaller or shorter than other children the same age. Teenagers may have short stature or appear to lack the usual changes that occur at puberty. However, there is a wide variation in what is considered normal growth and development.
In general, the rate of change in weight and height may be more important than the actual measurements.
Infants or children who fail to thrive have a height, weight and head circumference that do not match standard growth charts. The person's weight falls lower than the third percentile (as outlined in standard growth charts) or 20 percent below the ideal weight for their height. Growing may have slowed or stopped after a previously established growth curve.
The following are delayed or slow to develop:
- Physical skills, such as rolling over, sitting, standing and walking
- Mental and social skills
- Secondary sexual characteristics (delayed in adolescents)
It is important to determine whether failure to thrive results from medical problems or factors in the environment, such as abuse or neglect.
There are multiple medical causes of failure to thrive. These include:
- Chromosome abnormalities, such as Down syndrome and Turner syndrome
- Defects in major organ systems
- Problems with the endocrine system, such as thyroid hormone deficiency, growth hormone deficiency or other hormone deficiencies
- Damage to the brain or central nervous system, which may cause feeding difficulties in an infant
- Heart or lung problems, which can affect how oxygen and nutrients move through the body
- Anemia or other blood disorders
- Gastrointestinal problems that result in malabsorption or a lack of digestive enzymes
- Long-term gastroenteritis and gastroesophageal reflux (usually temporary)
Long-term (chronic) infections
Complications of pregnancy and low birth weight
Other factors that may lead to failure to thrive:
- Emotional deprivation as a result of parental withdrawal, rejection or hostility
- Economic problems that affect nutrition, living conditions and parental attitudes
- Exposure to infections, parasites or toxins
- Poor eating habits, such as eating in front of the television and not having formal meal times
- Many times the cause cannot be determined.
The treatment depends on the cause of the delayed growth and development. Delayed growth due to nutritional factors can be resolved by educating the parents to provide a well-balanced diet.
If psychosocial factors are involved, treatment should include improving the family dynamics and living conditions. Parental attitudes and behavior may contribute to a child's problems and need to be examined. In many cases, a child may need to be hospitalized initially to focus on implementation of a comprehensive medical, behavioral and psychosocial treatment plan.
Do not give your child dietary supplements without consulting your physician first.
Dear doctor I have periods problem it doesn't come month to month and when its come I suffers fever too much pain in stomach and waist. I am too depressed about it. Please suggest me any solution.
1 years back I did abortion which is due my ex boyfriend, next month my marriage whether my husband can able to find my virginity lose in first night. Any tips pls.
I am 28 year old women Mujhe ek ladki hui hai Jo 2 mahine ki hai Mai use dud pila rahi thi To mujhe mere boobs mai dard hone laga To mujhe pata chala ki mere ek boobs mai ganth si ho rahi hai jisse mujhe dard hai Ye kis Baje se hai Or mai kya karu.
Is it possible to get pregnant? my friend rishi was making out n was experimenting some new stuff he tried thing called dry sex he was in underwear and his gf was wearing her pants and underwear too thy were rubbing over one another and he ejaculated in his underwear and once and again thy kept doing and he ejaculated once again. They both are virgin. No direct contact happened to one others parts. Are ther any chances of pregnancy?
I have problem of erection at the of fore play erection is good when insert in vagina it becomes loose. Please suggest what should I do.
Hello, I am 21 years old, unmarried, never had any sexual activity. I am diagnosed with an ovarian cyst of small size (50 into 40 mm) . Last month I had my periods on 6th june and in I got my next periods on 14th of july. It lasted for just three days with very light bleeding like 3-4 drops each day. Normally my period lasts for 6 days with normal bleeding. I went to the doctor for ovarian cyst treatment, she gave me femilon and hizide tablets for 21 days, she said that I have to start taking medicines from second day of my periods. I started taking medicines. My periods ended on 16th july. Now from two days, I am getting 2-3 small drops of blood. Why is this happening? I don't have any pain. I sincerely request to give a genuine answer. Thanks in advance.
I am 25 years old. Me and my fiancee made love with each other two months back i. E. On 17 feb and two days later I had my periods, which was on time. The next month it occurred on 18 march and 15 on this month. I normally have a cycle of 28 days which last for 4-5 days but since last 2 months, the flow on the first 2 days were as usual heavy. But on 3rd day it was light and ended up. I even tried test kit last month but it was negative. I am concerned why this is happening. Is there anything serious?
Here are 7 proven ways on how organic turmeric can improve your health and happiness. I'm sure that after reading this article you will start adding this miracle spice to your diet every day.
- Fights inflammation naturally: Chronic inflammation is believed to be the culprit of many of our modern diseases. Curcumin, or turmeric's active compound, is found to be a potent anti-inflammatory compound, which matches or even exceeds the effectiveness of many anti-inflammatory drugs available.
- Protects your brain: Cognitive disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease are often linked to decreased levels of Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone. Researchers have found that curcumin positively influences the levels of BDNF and may delay or even reverse many brain diseases or age-related decline of our brain functions.
- Reduces the risk of several types of cancer: Organic Turmeric may be one of the most potent natural anti-cancer substances out there. Not only can it prevent cancer growth, but inhibits the development and spread as well and may even hold the natural cure for this dreadful disease.
- Improves digestion: Eating turmeric on a daily basis stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas, and prevents inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Protect your heart: Curcumin has shown to reduce LDL (or bad) cholesterol, prevent blood clotting, and remove plaque buildups in the arteries.
- Soothes symptoms of Arthritis: Although more research is needed in this field, many people report various improvements of their condition. It helps them fight chronic inflammation and reduces the pain too. Some even claim curcumin supplements work better than many OTC or prescribed drugs available on the market today. And without any side effects.
- Delays aging and improves longevity: Free radicals and inflammation are believed to play a major role in aging and curcumin affects both. And given that it also protects our heart and fights cancer, which are 2 of the biggest killers in today's world, it obviously benefits longevity too.
These benefits are only the tip of the iceberg of what organic turmeric can do for you. To improve overall health and happiness, add 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric to smoothies, juices, soups, curries, stir-fries, home made cultured sodas, and dressings on a daily basis.
Curcumin, which is turmeric most active and healing compound, is poorly absorbed by our body. Luckily there are a few ways to up the absorption by up to 2000 percent. Adding a pinch of black pepper is one of them. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.