Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta PandyaYour feedback matters!
My fbg 130 and post prandial is 283, am on metformin 500 mg in the morning and 500 mg at night for the last 7 days, am having severe gastric problems and diarrhea. Is taking insulin better in such cases?
My age is 20 I av high sugar levels what should I do and I hav pcob problem too please help to healthy.
My dandruff is not going. I use antidandruff shampoo (given by doctor) and take b-complex and zinc supplements but even then my dandruff is not going. My thyroid levels r also normal. How to cure it (dandruff)? Age-19, male.
I am 50 years old . I am diabetic from last 10 years. Now I have problem of E.D. . Please suggest best medicine to recover.
Hi Im 30 years old, n I have hypo thyroid, so naturally I have mood swings very often and I get irritated very easily now day, plus cherry on the cake, im always sad. Im not that kind who stays sad for long, but even then im always sad n depressed, also I have warts around my vagina, its not becoz of intercourse, I have warts on my fingers n im cleanliness freak so I used to clean the vagina thrice so it could b the reason how can I rid of both the issues please suggest.
I am 34 male, suffering from heel pain. When I woke up in the morning and having after some resting position the pain is so much. Some Doctors said its because of Uric acid level high in the blood. My Uric acid level is 7.3 and I am taking the medicine allopurinol 300 mg tablets. And another doctor gave me Meloxicam 15 mg. Is consumption of this medicine will have any side effect on kidneys? Please suggest. I am suffering from this pain more than two years and met with six doctors upto now and not find final solution for the pain. I am having so much difficulty to walk and I have left all the food that contains purines. Uric acid shall be removed by the kidneys right, are my kidneys having problem in functioning to remove excess uric acid from my blood. Shall I have kidney function test? Please help me. I can not take it more. please suggest me which doctor shall I have to meet for the medication.
My age is 27, female. Hypothyroid since 17 years of age, thyronorm 75 mcg. Testosterone is 84 but free testosterone is in range. What can be the reason? TSH 6.4. Low iron.
I am 64 years old man. I have undergone cabg in 2012. Now my tsh level is 6.5. Earlier 6 months back it was 14. I have been taking tablet thyronorm 25 mcg since last 6 months. My weight is 58 kg. Taking following medicines: nebicard 2.5 1-0-0. Ecosprin75mg 0-1-0. Stiloz50mg. 1-0-1. Crevast 5mg 0-0-1 and also taking flodart plus for B.P.H. (middle lobe enlargement) psa less than 2. Please give your free medical advice on this medication.
Trying to get pregnant can go either ways for most couples that is it can be a breeze, or it can be a difficult process that ends up with lots of fertility clinic visits. While in some cases, the reasons for not being able to conceive may come down to male infertility, there are many cases where the reason may be female infertility too. In many other cases, both male and female infertility may be the cause.
Let us discuss female infertility in more details here.
When can it be called Infertility?
When a couple is not being able to conceive even after trying for a period of over a year, then a case can be made in favour of infertility. Infertility can result from females in at least one third of the cases, as per various medical studies. While the actual cause may be difficult to diagnose, there are many available treatments that one can use in order to fix the underlying issues.
When to Start Worrying?
Female infertility comes with many symptoms, while the main symptom may be the inability to conceive, the other symptoms include excessively long menstrual cycles that show signs of slowing down only after 35 days or so, or even cycles that are too short where they appear within 21 days. Irregular and absent periods can point at the lack of ovulation which is the main sign of infertility. Other than that, there are no outward signs of infertility as such apart from pelvic pain and cramping or heavy bleeding during periods. If you are 30 years of age, or younger, then you may want to see a doctor regarding irregular and absent periods, or the lack of conception even after trying for a year. Also, if you are between 35 and 40 years of age, you can discuss the inability to conceive with your doctor, after efforts for six months. If you have been trying to conceive and you are over 40 years of age, then the doctor will put you through tests on an immediate basis.
The Requirements for Conception?
In order to conceive, you will need to ovulate on a normal basis and have regular menstrual cycles as well as intercourse. Also, your fallopian tubes and uterus must be in normal working condition without any infections and other conditions.
There may be many causes for female infertility including ovarian faults like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), hypothalamic dysfunction, premature ovarian insufficiency and excessive prolactin in the ovaries. Also, pelvic inflammation disorders that lead to damage of the fallopian tubes and other uterus related issues like endometriosis can lead to female infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi I am 40 years of woman my bp, sugar, lft, urea, cretinine, calcium, tsh t3, t4, mri of brain every thing is normal but I am suffering out head reeling what can be the cause. I have cervical spondolysis but the doctor told this can not be the cause of such reeling. I have bit vit d deficiency and I am taking arakitol injection. Can you suggest me what can be the cause?
Meri aayu 61 year ki ha. mai 20 year se dm2 se pidit hu. Aaj kal meri sugar 230 to 300chal rahi h. Mai homalog mix25 inj leta hu. Tab. Metaformin&gelwas le raha hu is samye mere ghutno me 5 ya 6 din se dard hai & gupt ang me bhi khujli or dard rehta h. Aankho se bhi kam dikh raha h
People who suffer from high blood sugar can find it quite hard to keep their sugar levels in check. While the common practice is to maintain a low carbohydrate diet that is useful on the whole, there are other alternative diet options as well. The food items mentioned below either help by lowering sugar level or by increasing insulin sensitivity.
Items to include in your diet
- Starch: One of the items that help lower sugar levels is resistant starch. Starches are long chains of glucose and are found in food items such as bananas, potatoes, oats and various others. There are a few varieties that pass through digestion unchanged and are not absorbed as glucose in the blood. They are known as resistant starch. This type of starch is also known to increase insulin sensitivity significantly. They help in transfering glucose from the bloodstream into cells thus lowering sugar level and offering energy to the individual after meals. It is advised to not consume potatoes, but take a resistant starch supplement since potatoes contain digestible carbohydrates that increase sugar level.
- Ceylon Cinnamon: This is another great ancient remedy that has many compounds that prevent sugar from entering the bloodstream. It also enhances insulin sensitivity. Other great alternatives include cashews and almonds. These dry fruits are rich in Magnesium which is a mineral that ensures blood sugar regulation.
- Fenugreek: A powerful herb that is also a good source of soluble fiber. It has several compounds that are known to improve blood sugar control.
- Shirataki noodles: They are very low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. Keeping your carbohydrate consumption low is very important for diabetes management. So, these Japanese noodles help in doing so. Since they contain mostly glucomannan, an indigestible fiber, Shirataki noodles help in reducing blood sugar levels after meals while improving other metabolic health factors in diabetics.
- Dark Chocolate: Another good option is cocoa in dark chocolate. The cocoa comes from the cocoa plant and contains flavanols. Cocoa is known to improve insulin resistance and overall blood sugar regulation. However, dark chocolate does contain a little sugar so you would want to go in for 85% cocoa or more. Treat this item as a cheat item for those days when you need to cheat with your diet since this has a neutral effect. Switching to dark chocolate immediately is best for those who are addicted to chocolate. It will serve as a neutral item at worst and will help with blood sugar regulation at best.
- Apple cider vinegar: Another beneficial item to add to your diet is apple cider vinegar. It is an ancient folk remedy that is known to increase glucose metabolism by increasing the sugar uptake from blood into cells.
These items are known to be very helpful for lowering blood sugar levels and keeping it in check. It is advised to consult your doctor and seek his approval before you add any of these items to your regular diet.