Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeetaYour feedback matters!
Though im ovulating its kind off very late ovulation like d 25th or 26th day. I went to my doc yest and she said wel try ths mnth with tablets so has put me on ova shield D S and Progynova wil ths help me conceive in 1 cycle?
My wife is 22 years suffering from pcod. How can it may resolved. She want to conceive. What diet should be taken.
After 9 week pregnancy abortion, please recommend any medicine to stop milk coming from chest. Is it safe to consume the medicine to stop this?
Quantitative and qualitative changes in diet and regular exercise can keep the blood sugar at lower levels and may help in reducing the need for medicines, or use them in lesser doses.
Small frequent meals in place of 2 regular meals at lunch and dinner helps in preventing a rise in post-meal sugar levels to high levels. Qualitatively stopping the use of direct sugar and food items containing carbohydrates like rice, potatoes, mangoes, grapes etc prevents high sugar levels.
Regular walking briskly keeps weight in control and prevents obesity. Increased weight increases insulin requirement and a relative deficiency of insulin leads to high sugar levels.
Diabetes causes silent damage to blood vessels in kidneys, retina, heart, brain and all over the body. Ultimately the effects are seen as kidney failure, blindness, heart attacks, paralysis and nonhealing ulcers and gangrene. Severe diabetes may cause ketoacidosis, coma, and death.
Hence, it is wise to be careful with diet and exercise.
Though it’s common for most people to consult allopathic physicians when they fall ill, you must have heard of alternate therapies like Reiki, Pranic healing and energy healing. These healing therapies share one thing in common - they all work by cleaning our aura.
What is the Aura?
The aura is a layer of energy that surrounds our physical body. Not just that, auras are found covering the physical bodies of all living beings on earth, like animals and plants. Auras are like cozy blankets that save us from harm, both physical and mental. That is the reason why they get torn and dirtied.
Why is the Aura important?
The ‘Prana’ or life force flows through the energy body or the aura. Any disturbance in this flow causes diseases, thus, a healthy, clean and energized aura is crucial for maintaining our well-being.
If there is a problem in your physical body, it will show up as a disturbance in your energy body too. For example, if your liver is sluggish, it is reflected as dirty, sticky energy in that part of your aura which corresponds to the liver.
If you are mentally, physically and emotionally healthy you will have a bright aura, and the energy centers on the aura called “Chakras” will be strong and active. On the contrary, if you are in any way not up to par, you will have a depleted aura with holes and tears. You will also be constantly losing energy which will further deplete your aura, making you sicker.
Can you cleanse your Aura?
The answer is a “yes”. You have a number of available options to choose from. What will work for you depends upon how damaged is your aura and your own capacity to cleanse and strengthen your aura.
- Approach a Pranic healer for cleansing and energizing your Aura: You have to do this if your aura is infested with too much dirty energy and this has already shown up as a serious disease like depression or hypertension. When you are too depleted of energy to help yourself, you must find a good pranic healer and go to him for treatment. What the healer will do is scan your aura to identify the problem. This will be followed by the treatment. The healer will cleanse your energy body using divine healing energy and Prana. He will follow this up with strengthening and energizing your aura. These two steps will automatically enhance the size of your aura and you will begin to feel relief. The treatment is usually divided into a number of sessions, depending on the severity of your disease and also on the cause of the problem. Pranic healing can also be done on the self, but you need to learn the correct way to cleanse and heal your aura first.
- Meditation: Your ‘chi’, ‘prana’ or internal energy in the aura can be increased by meditating. A good way to do this is by practicing the “Twin Hearts meditation”. The divine healing energy rains down on you during this meditation, immediately cleansing and energizing both your aura and the chakras.
- Hugging a tree: Connecting with nature is a great way to cleanse your aura. Another way is to hug a tree. The tree is able to cleanse your aura and make you healthier. Make sure, however, not to hug small shrubs or keep hugging the same tree daily for a long time, or it may well die.
- Crystal healing: Crystals can take away negative energies from our bodies and homes. You can use crystals like fire agate, labradorite and black Tourmaline as pendants to keep your aura clean.
- Smudging: Burning sage is a great way to clean your aura too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Seeds are the most basic parts of a tree. Without the seed, there won't be any tree. But some seeds have more functions than growing trees. Some seeds can help you become healthy as well. Here is a list of such seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: They are rich sources of vitamin E which are essential to the body to fight cancer. It also helps improve the immunity system of the body. It reduces oxidative stress caused due to working out.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are full of carbohydrates and fiber. It helps the body control blood sugar level. It also helps the body reach the satisfaction point after a meal, which helps in controlling digestion. It is a good source of plant protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds contain antioxidants which help in repairing damaged cells.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are known for being a source of calcium. Hence they help in making the bones strong and keeping them healthy. They are also required for the muscles to function properly. Sesame seeds produce energy for the body to work on.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain good amount of Magnesium, Zinc and plant based Omega-3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds also help in protecting against type 2 Diabetes and are good for heart, liver health and also prevents insomnia.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich sources of fibre. They contain a lot of soluble fibres, which help in the process of digestion. Flax seeds also help control hunger and blood sugar level. Daily consumption of flax seeds keeps a check on the blood pressure level, which in turn reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the presence of lignin, flax seeds promote smooth blood flow.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are whole proteins. Hemp seeds help to keep your hair and skin healthy. This is due to the presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They also help to lower the cholesterol level, due to the presence of phytosterols.
Recently I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend with all protection. But I'm not having my periods now. I didn't remember the actual date like when my periods should happen. Is there a chance that I might be pregnant. Please help me!
I am 23 years. Last day I got diagnosed and my scan result show that" inverted measures 6 *2.2 *2.1 cm with normal myo and endometrium (6 mm). The cervix is grossly normal-Rt ovary 2.1*1.4 cm Lt ovary 2.3 * 1.5 cm both normal in size with polystic appearance ovaries -no dominant follicles-follicles 2-3 mm located peripherally with central ecogenic stroma' What it means? Will it affect my pregnancy. I weigh 78 kg.
Hi doctor. I got married in 2014. But we were not ready for baby that time but after 2.5 years now we want to go for family planning. Please help me to understand what precautions and what all things we need to take care. We are trying from last one month but no positive response we are getting. My husband age is 32 and I am 28. Will there be any problem while pregnancy. Do we consult some specialist? Doc please help me. Our age is fine for family planning? Will there by any such problems like infertility. actually I am very tensed and not able to understand the reason after making 6-7 tries I have not got any positive response. That's why. please help me to understand what action or what are the important things that we need to take care. My periods are regular I mean it's not 28 cycle sometime it is 30 or 35 also but I used to get periods every monthly.
All diabetic patients who fast should be aware of certain facts if they fast during Ramzan, he further added.
All patients with diabetes should consult with their family physician regarding the Ramzan fast and learn the warning symptoms.
Type 2 diabetes will be controlled by diet and may require no special precautions.
Patients at risk of diabetes should avoid overeating to prevent post meal high blood pressure, after the predawn and/or sunset meal.
The exercise program for patients with diabetes on diet control should be modified to avoid lower blood sugar level. Exercise should be done 2 hours after the sunset meal.
Food restriction and dehydration may cause some cardiac risk in the elderly.
The choice of drugs in diabetes may require consultation with a doctor. Drugs that act by increasing the production of insulin are to be preferred. Some patients on metformin may fast safely with minimal complications. However, two-thirds of the total daily dose should be given just before the sunset meal and rest one-third before the predawn meal. Patients on pioglitazone may require no change in dose. Patients on sulfonylureas may require medical clearance before commencing fast.
Insulin dose also needs to be modified during the fast. Usually two doses of insulin, one before each meal, are sufficient.
If the blood sugar falls below 60, then the fast should be immediately broken.
Fast should also be broken if blood sugar rises to more than 300.
Patients should avoid fasting on sick days.
I and my wife had intercourse with use of condom, but after discharge I found that condom broke. My wife periods are going to come today or last by tomorrow as per her cycle, but she is worried for unwanted pregnancy. Time of intercourse today between 2 pm to 4 pm. Kindly advice what can be done and when can she go for pregnancy home kit test?
I am 21 years old, and I wont get my monthly cycle correctly, every month the date changes, my question is, will it effect in my pregnancy, in future, but i am not married yet?
My wife is over due of her menstrual date for 20 days. We have tested twice with urine kit and both showed negative results. I also gave 2 days course of medicine for getting menstrual still no result. Please advise what should we do to confirm she is not pregnant.
A romantic relationship needs your dedication, devotion, and a lot of attention so it can blossom and grow strong. On the contrary, a lot of us take our relationship with our partners for granted, people don’t dedicate and pay attention to what they are sharing or expressing and are usually judgemental or even accusatory towards their partners.
Unfortunately, today’s couple is more at risk of damaging their beautiful relationship due to “phubbing”, a merging of the words “phone” and “snubbing”.
Phubbing occurs when your partner ignores you or is distracted from the conversation because of his or her phone. While phubbing can often happen innocently, such as checking Facebook at the dinner table, the constant use of smartphones in the presence of a romantic partner can undermine the relationship—making it feel as if someone’s partner is choosing their phone over them.
According to a recent American survey result, 46% of the participants had experienced Phubbing from their significant other, and 27% of the respondents disclosed that phubbing caused problems in their relationship. Not only did the study find that phubbing was affecting relationship security, but participants who reported being phubbed were also more likely to have depression and overall low life satisfaction.
Why phubbing is creating problems in romantic relationships?
a. The time spent on smartphones reduces the amount of meaningful time spent with your partner.
b. The actual act of phubbing is one of the factors of couple arguments and fights, therefore creating less satisfaction in the relationship.
It is inevitable that we use our phones in front of our romantic partners, but making time for distraction-free communication is the key to strengthening your relationship with your partner. Remember your new Facebook or Twitter updates, new emails, Whatsapp pings, all of this can wait and most of them are generally forwarded messages and don't deserve your immediate/continuous attention at the cost of hurting and making your loved one feel ignored and/or less important.
Researchers have identified a receptor in the brain that shows male and female bodies differ greatly in response to stress The findings showed that when we are stressed the cells in our hypothalamus the brain region steps up the production of a receptor called CRFR, known to quickly help activate the stress response nervous system
The study could aid in the development of treatment for regulating hunger or stress responses including anxiety and depression