Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta DharmeshYour feedback matters!
Doctor, My Wife Has eaten Pills each month one pill (3 times). Her age is 16 years. How much pill can be eat for one year? Is it create any side effect? If yes, what are the side effect.
The vertebral column (backbone) is made up of 33 vertebrae separated by spongy disks and classified into four distinct areas. The cervical area consists of seven bony parts in the neck; the thoracic spine consists of 12 bony parts in the back area; the lumbar spine consists of five bony segments in the lower back area; five sacral bones (fused into one bone, the sacrum); and four coccygeal bones (fused into one bone, the coccyx).
Between each vertebra is a fibrous disc with a jelly-like core. These cushions of cartilage allow the body to accept and dissipate load across multiple levels in the spine and still allow for the flexibility required for performing normal activities of daily living. As the body twists, bends, flexes and extends, the intervertebral discs are constantly changing their shape.
When discs degenerate, becoming less supple due to age or back strain, the disc may prolapse — squeezing out some of the soft core. This loss of cushioning may cause pressure on local nerves and cause back or neck pain, numbness or tingling in the arms, or searing pain down one or both legs. If the prolapse is severe it can damage the spinal cord. As a part of the aging process the discs lose their high water content and their ability to cushion the vertebrae. This is called degenerative disc disease. As the discs deteriorate, the spine can initially become less stable. Bony spurs can develop as a result of this instability and can cause pressure on nearby nerves leading to leg or arm pain. Narrowing of the neural canal by these bony spurs is known as degenerative spinal stenosis.
By the age of 35, approximately 30% of people will show evidence of disc degeneration at one or more levels. By the age of 60, greater than 90% of people will show evidence of disc degeneration at one or more levels on MRI. In some patients, this disc degeneration can be nearly asymptomatic; in others, disc degeneration can lead to intractable back pain.
The outer layer of the discs themselves can also tear. When this occurs, the inner, gelatinous layer can herniate out (a “herniated” or “ruptured” disc) and also cause pressure on an adjacent nerve. If the herniation occurs in the neck and causes pressure there, it can cause pain that radiates into the shoulder and arm; if it occurs in the lower back, the pain produced can radiate down into the hip and leg.
Patients with disc disease in the cervical, thoracic, or lumbar spine experience variable symptoms depending on where the disc has herniated and what nerve root it is pushing on. The following are the most common symptoms of lumbar disc disease:
Intermittent or continuous back pain (this may be made worse by movement, coughing, sneezing, or standing for long periods of time)Spasm of the back musclesSciatica — pain that starts near the back or buttock and travels down the leg to the calf or into the foot.Muscle weakness in the legsNumbness in the leg or footDecreased reflexes at the knee or ankleChanges in bladder or bowel function
The symptoms of lumbar disc disease may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your physician for a diagnosis.
In rare cases, patients with large disc herniations may experience weakness in an extremity or signs of spinal cord compression such as difficulty with gait, in coordination, or loss of bowel/bladder control.
Treatment for disc disorders must be closely tailored to the patient, based on:
The history and severity of their pain whether or not they have had prior treatments for this problem and how effective they have been and whether or not there is any evidence of neurologic damage such as weakness of an extremity or the loss of reflexes
Some of the treatments used include
Activity modification patient education on proper body mechanics (to help decrease the chance of worsening pain or damage to the disc)Physical therapy, which may include ultrasound, massage, conditioning, and exercise programs
Weight control medications (to control pain and/or to relax muscles)
Is there any ayurvedic medicine to get strong pregnancy, my wife and me are in good heath condition. Please advise.
The question, "are vitamins vital" is in fact a rhetorical question, one that answers for itself. Vitamins are organic compounds and important nutrients, which are required by human beings in appropriate quantities. They provide a host of benefits, affecting metabolism, digestion as well as immunity and are imperative for the existence and survival of human beings. Few reasons that establish their importance are:
- Digestive system: The digestive system, like the rest of the body, requires important minerals and vitamins for proper functioning. Your body requires ample amount of vitamin B and vitamin C to improve and maintain digestive health. In fact, folate acid is required by the body to prevent you from an impending danger of colon cancer. At the same time, vitamin B is also responsible for breaking down the carbohydrates and converting them into energy.
- Boosting the immunity system and eyesight: The proper functioning of your physical and mental health requires a sound immune system. The invasion of diseases can be deterred and treated on its own, if you have a proper functioning immune system. Vitamin A, found in carrots, pepper and sweet potato is very crucial for boosting the immune system, at the same time it helps repairing the cornea and improving the eyesight.
- Improving the nervous system: Vitamin B12 found in beef liver and octopus is very important in strengthening and improving the nervous system. If there is a deficiency of this vitamin in your body, chances are you will suffer from depression, anemia and even a potential threat to your central nervous system.
- Helps the heart and removes toxicity from the body: Among other advantages, vitamins are also responsible for maintaining the heart and preventing an accumulation of toxic substances in your body. Vitamin C, found primarily in fruits like oranges and lemons performs this function.
- Helps in losing weight: Certain food products like fish, chickpeas and chicken are rich in vitamin B6, which in turn help in boosting the metabolic rate and consequently in losing weight.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency?"
My periods delayed for a month & now it cmg drop by drop from 2 days? Like today a drop & tomo again a drop?
She is suffering from carbuncles in buttock and it is difficult to sit or sleep and always causing pain/irritation. She is a school teacher and could not do her work due to continuous pain and irritation. Please suggest a treatment.
Hi, What natural remedies are there for heart burn during pregnancy What natural remedies for nausea during pregnancy after 3 months.
I'm 19 year old. I have first time sex on 25-2-2016. I worried about pregnancy. How can I prevent became pregnant. What precautions can I use.
Hi sir/madam my question is my girl friend is increasing her weight regullarly and even the periods are also not coming. According to her words she told me in one year she got 2 tyms. With this irregular periods can she be pregnant. Please give me neccesary answer so that she should get proper periods and lossing weight also. Thank you.
I have sex with my husband 1 month ago. Nd then I did not come in periods. I do not want to pregnant. Help me. What can I do?
Can both the tablets in an mtp kit given orally. Should I give the pills myself to her or should I consult a doctor first. What are the side effects please do tell. I read it might lead to excessive bleeding how does that happens? Plss tell me the informations I should know before giving this to my girlfriend who is on high risk of pregnancy.
I had torch test for IgG IgM. In results. Rubella - IgG serum by CMIA is reactive (89.9) CMV cytomegalovirus - IgG serum by CMIA reactive (187.3) toxoplasm igG serum by CMIA & RUBELLA IgG serum by CMIA & CMV CYTOMEGALOVIRUS igM serum by CMIA &toxoplasm-IgM serum by CMIa & HSV 1+2IgM herpes simplex virus serum. Are NON REACTIVE HSV 1+2IgM herpes simplex virus is reactive (3.28). Wht should I do. Is it curable. When should I prepare for my pregnancy. Can I conceive in future or not? please answer.
Hi. We have completed IUI procedure very successfully and the result is positive. I would request you that which is good and which food to be avoided. Pls suggest.
This is a condition in which women are unable to climax in spite of adequate sexual stimulation. It is a common condition that affects a significant number of women. Female orgasms vary in several ways; it may differ in intensity or duration. The symptoms of anorgasmia are mainly the delay in attaining orgasms or the inability to orgasm.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Acquired anorgasmia- In this type, orgasms have been attained before, but due to some factors, have stopped now.
- Lifelong anorgasmia- Orgasms have never been felt.
- Situational anorgasmia- Here, you may be able to orgasm in certain situations alone. Like in a certain position, or oral sex or with a particular person only. Most women cannot orgasm to vaginal stimulation alone.
- Generalised anorgasmia- In this, you are unable to climax in any situation or with any partner
What causes this?
Orgasms is a very complex process. It takes a combination of physical, psychological and emotional factors to reach an orgasm. So, if any of the above mentioned is compromised, it can lead to temporary or permanent anorgasmia. The several factors that can typically cause anorgasmia are:
- Medical diseases- Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can lead to anorgasmia
- Medications- Medicines such as anti-depressants, anti-histamines, cardio-vascular medications can interfere with orgasms
- Smoking and Alcohol- Alcohol can lead to the inability to climax, whereas smoking cigarettes limits blood flow and has a similar effect.
- Gynaecologic issues- Surgeries such as hysterectomy or cancer surgeries can hamper with the ability to achieve orgasms.
- Poor body image
- Anxiety or depression
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear or Sexually Transmitted Diseases or pregnancy
- Past emotional or sexual abuse
- Fights or conflicts in the relationship
- No attraction toward the partner
- Lack of connection
- Poor connection with partner regarding sexual needs
How to treat it?
After you consult your sexologist, he might suggest you sex therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy. You may also seek couple therapies. Women can also try increased stimulation. Most women have a hard time achieving orgasms via vaginal stimulation. You can try clitoral stimulation or other positions that may benefit and increase the chances of achieving an orgasm.