Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta DharmeshYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 1 st march. But we use protection but the condom had broken and slightly it may touch vagina. So can I be pregnant? Actually I had periods on 17 th march but till now I did not have. M I pregnant?
Hello I am 26 years old lady. I am married since 2 years. I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle problem. I have taken many medicines but no positive results. The gap between two cycles is almost 2 and half to 3 months. No abdomen pain as such but no monthly periods as well. This problem is disturbing my day to day activities. And not able to concentrate on anything. Can you help me to come out from this?
Today is my wife 33 day, she is having little stomach pain. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or its like a periods pain.
When a person is aroused there are a host of hormonal changes within the person's body. These changes do manifest on the surface in the form of certain physical variations. Sexual stimulation happens to alter the state of human genitalia and that too in obvious ways. The blood flow to the concerned area increases, there is enough of natural lubrication in and around the organ and for women, the vagina loosens up and the clitoris swells. Intercourse followed by a climactic release will make the clitoris regain its original size. However, worries crop up when that is not the case with every single female. This serious medical condition of a swollen clitoris should never be overlooked; it must be treated by seeking experienced medical assistance.
- Trauma: Any slight scratch or one wrong touch can cause a swollen clitoris. Even a scratch of your fingernail while you are masturbating or a rough sexual intercourse can and is enough to create trauma in your clitoris.
- Hair: Hair grows normally around your genital area. It is very common for a woman to have pubic hair. But sometimes small hair splinters lead to trouble and hair gets stuck into your clitoris and causes swelling. This is a very annoying process, sometimes you may have to use a magnifying glass to remove the hair from your clitoris.
- Clothing: Sometimes your tight clothes can result in a swollen clitoris. The friction from your rough clothing material can cause your clitoris to swell. Sometimes you may be using a detergent that is not suitable for you or you may be wearing a dress material, which you're allergic to. You should always wash your clothes in plain water and dry it before using.
- Infection: You may also have some bacterial and fungal infection in your clitoris, which can cause a swollen clitoris. This infection can also invite itchiness and redness and these can make it even worse. If it doesn't subside within some days then you should definitely see a doctor.
- Cysts: Small cysts known as Bartholomew's cysts can grow on the clitoris. This thing hampers the natural lubrication of the body. If you are having clitoris swelling because of cysts then you should seek medical attention immediately.
Your clitoris is naturally sensitive and if you are having a swollen clitoris after intercourse then you should pull back from sexual intercourse for a few days. At times the swelling goes away on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello, my periods are irregular from 3 months, and also from three months too much hair loss. Is it PCOS? If yes please tell me what to do?
I have thyroid, but my periods are regular. This month I got a heavy white discharge for 4 days continuously. Now whenever I urinate I see white dirt mass all around my vagina. There is no itching or pain but it is irritating to see that white dirt.
I am 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. I had my sonography yesterday. A septum is found out in it. Will I have a safe pregnancy. Please suggest something what should I do.
A stuffy head, endless sneezing, and sinus congestion are signs that pollen and pollution are getting the best of you. Many people resort to over-the-counter drugs to alleviate the anguish of allergies. Well, this season, fear not, because there are some simple, effective ways to eliminate or improve your allergy symptoms that are also cheap and natural.
The Great Neti Pot
The use of a neti pot has its roots in ancient yogic practices were clear breathing passages were essential to proper yoga practice. This little pot is used to pour warm water into one nostril at a time in order to clear the nasal passageways, wiping out the inflammatory garbage that gets stuck in your sinuses. The first time I used a neti pot I was shocked at how effective it was in such a short period of time.
Use as much filtered water as your neti pot will hold. Warm up the water until it is just warmer than room temperature. Warm water works better at dissolving mucus than cold water. Add a touch of the neti salt to the warm water. Once the salt dissolves you can pour the water into your neti pot. Turn your head sideways over a sink and place the neti pot into your nostril. The trick is to relax as the water is pouring through your nostril, otherwise it may be a bit of a rough ride the first time you do this. The water should flow out of the opposite nostril, but some may go down your throat if you have a lot of congestion initially. Just spit out any water that goes down your throat.
If the water isn't flowing easily, it means you have a blockage in your nasal passage. This may be the case for people who have chronic allergies and it represents an accumulation of inflammatory material, which needs to be removed. Gently relax and inhale slightly through the nostril you are cleaning to help the water flow upward and eventually it will flow. For beginners, I recommend using half the pot for each nostril. Initially, you can go back and forth from nostril to nostril until the pot is finished; eventually, you will be able to do an entire pot for each nostril. After your first use of the neti pot, you may see a drastic reduction in your symptoms. I recommend repeating this process for 7 days initially and then once a week after that during allergy season.
It is important to keep your neti pot clean, sanitized and dry to avoid the growth of microorganisms in your pot.
Nasya is an ayurvedic practice that is used to treat stress-related problems, headaches, neck pain, anxiety and mental fogginess. It is also a year-round treatment to prevent and treat seasonal allergies. Nasya helps to remove toxins that accumulate from the upper part of your body by opening up the lymphatic channels and allowing the toxins to be removed through your nasal passages.
Typically, cured sesame oil is used for nasya. To cure any oil, you simply place it in a pot over medium heat and add a drop of water.  When the drop of water pops, the oil is cured. The sesame oil can be used alone or herbs can be added to the oil to help treat specific conditions. Nasya is an all-natural cure for sinus inflammation, which is the main cause of chronic sinus congestion and allergies.
Nasya oil is typically applied in each nostril through a small dropper. I suggest using about 3 drops in one nostril and then inhaling while pinching the other nostril closed with your index finger. Inhale strongly and allow the oil to go up into your sinuses. If any of the oil spills down your throat, spit it out. Repeat the process on the other nostril. It may feel as though you need to blow your nose at first, but resist the urge because the effectiveness of the treatment is based on the oil's ability to permeate the sinuses. Typically, nasya is done every morning, but in the beginning you may need to do it a couple of times a day until the inflammation lessens.
Most people suffering from allergy symptoms don't realize that the foods they are eating may be contributing to their symptoms. In Ayurveda, allergies are directly linked to digestion and changing the way you eat is an important part of controlling your allergies. People with allergies should avoid the following foods in particular:
Oily foods, especially deep fried
Cold foods, especially ice cream
In ayurveda, these foods are believed to clog the digestive system and result in excessive mucus formation. Instead, you want to eat foods that are warming and disperse toxins from the body. This includes spices like black pepper, cinnamon, garlic and ginger. Also, load up on green, leafy vegetables and drink plenty of warm water through the day.
The neti pot alone may bring fast relief to your allergy symptoms, but using all three tools may help stop your allergies from returning next year.
Do you love chewing gum? You love popping it and get a kick when chewing gum with friends. You think it’s a style statement and a cool thing to do. Above all, you think it’s only for fun and is harmless! Well, this article may be an eye opener for you. Here are some facts about chewing gum that can change your thinking.
- Chewing gum has been a favourite snack for millions of people, especially children and adolescents. Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavour. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners.
- The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including auto immune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing host of problems.
- Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
- A chewing gum base is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances. We generally chew it for flavour and throw the rest. However, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter our system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. Stay safe! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife had normal delivery on November 3 after 1 week came to know motion s lying n her vagina, After consultation came to know that bcoz of fistula n lower part and doctor said that not serious will cure. Do normal exercise after one month if require will do stitches again. After 1 week she got urin infection and was under treatment for 1 week. Now everything was fine. Not coming motion from vagina. Fever also not coming bcoz of urine infection for last 2 weeks. Today she is telling that she s feeling very week. Body pain. And vagina part s feeling heavy. Please advice what should do? What may be the reason?
I have one baby 4year old. After that rt nw m pregnant since 2 and half month. And we dnt want baby rt nw. And we dnt want to do abortion. Can yu suggest me any tablet for remove pregnancy. Stop the development of child inside. We r in worry. Give me any solution for it. Plz.
My wife had a ectopic pregnancy. Before 7 month. Now we are trying for a baby but she is not getting pregnant. What should be the treatment.
Must know about homoeopathy
* homoeopathic medicines cure the man in disease, disease name does not matter
*homoeopathy is a holistic system of treatment so each and every medicine has been proved on healthy human beings and acts on each and every cell of body irrespective of the diseased part thus curing the diseased man as a whole.
*homoeopathic medicines have no side effects but the higher potencies should be taken under the guidance of a trained homoeopath
*case taking is must for homoeopathic prescribing, details in regard to physical and mental generals are taken
*homoeopathy has not only curative power but preventive aspect too, not only for acute seasonal infections but for most inveterate diseases too
*homoeopathic medicines act like a vaccine, if given as a constitutional medicine, they are more competent then in subduing the chronic diseases
*homoeopathic medicines are also taken before and after surgical procedures to reduce pain, healing time and antidoting the bad effects of anaesthesia
*homoeopathic medicines help in the quick and healthy union of fracture too
*it's action is also in promoting normal delivery, ante, and postnatal care also
*many so-called surgical diseases as piles, fistulas, kidney stones, gallstones, sinusitis, polyps, tumours, warts, ingrowing toenails, have been very well cured by homoeopathy.
I want baby so wat should I do for it? My married life is very good. please suggest me bcz I did not use precautions from last 3 months.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.