Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta DharmeshYour feedback matters!
Me and girl frend had sex 10 day ago we take precaution .like.in use 2 condom while having sex and I did not even organ inside her vagina .even tho .i was waring condom. My problem is she is not getting her period on time .she was supposed to have periods on 15th since today was the first day she miss her periods .is there any think to worry about it .that she will get pregnant? Is there any possibilities? Is yes then what should we do .which medicine should I give to her to stop the pregnancy? Or what she she must do to stop the pregnancy ?or should I wait for more 2 .3 days?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Normally I get my periods from 24th of every month, but for the first time, I got little bit of bleeding today on 9 January. Bleeding has stopped but my back pain is not stopping and this time the back pain is not normal like every time. It's different. Me and my partner had sex after my period were over. During intercourse, he didn't cum inside me, but I preferred to take an unwanted-72 and I took it within 72 hours of having sex. After that, we had sex using condom. But today I'm getting such problems, what may be the issue? Please help me find a solution.
French fries as" little carbohydrate sponges soaked in fat" at 25 grams of fat, 500 calories, and over 63 grams of carbohydrates, a large serving of french fries can wreak havoc on blood sugar. The american diabetes association notes that starchy foods like potatoes, corn, and peas are" great sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber" but recommends skipping those with added fat or sodium. You can test your blood sugar two hours after eating to find out what effect any particular food has on your blood sugar.
Have this instead: fries are usually the default option when ordering a burger or sandwich, but most restaurants will swap in fresh fruit or a side salad if you ask.
I have pcos for a long time. I am under regular followups. But I am facing anxiety and depression all the time, which has affected my sleep. I am facing it since a long time. What should I do?
I am 26 years old and from past one year getting pain below my left breast while having food or drinking and from past one week a little bit like small pieces I am getting bleed from my left nose I am really worried about this can you please suggest me I am very much scared to tell about this things to my family.
Last month my periods lasted only for two days. And it was very low bleeding are there any chances of pregnancy. I'm sexually active with my husband.
Hello Dr, my wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Dr please tell me can anomaly scan find out autism or how to find out autism in the new born child?
The monsoon may be a season of joy, but it has also got equal woes. The monsoon brings a lot of health problems along with the rain and clouds. Monsoon is characterized by the thriving of numerous germs and bacteria. The increased humidity causes many disorders in the digestive system.
Keeping yourself dry from rain is not the only way to ensure good health during the monsoon season.
Here are several tips to stay healthy during the monsoon:
- Skip having outside food: Avoid street food strictly during the monsoon. Street food like pani poori, bhel poori, pakoras and other chaats may look tempting, but they may contain harmful bacteria, which might affect your digestive system. Furthermore, avoid raw food or cut fruits. All these foods may cause food poisoning. Outside water should be abstained from totally as contaminated monsoon water leads to diseases such as dysentery and cholera.
- Include vegetables in your diet: You should eat a variety of green and colored vegetables, which are nutrient rich and keep you fit during the monsoon. Wash all vegetables properly before cooking. Blanching of the vegetables disinfects them.
- Take a shower after getting wet: If you get wet in the rain, you must follow it up with a shower immediately. This washes off any infection that might have passed on from the rain. To avoid fever and cold, do not enter an air-conditioned room with wet clothes or hair.
- Try to avoid fish: During the monsoon, you should avoid consuming fish and prawns as much as possible, as they may cause infections. Monsoon is the breeding season for fish, and the infection might upset your digestion. Only eat fresh fish.
- Always stay hydrated: During the monsoon, you must drink a lot of water and keep your system clean. You may have boiled water to get rid of germs. Harmful water may cause stomach disorders. Try having different sorts of herbal tea or green tea. Avoid coffee as it dehydrates your body.
- Keep your house clean: Your house should be kept clean and pest-free during the monsoon. Check for any water clogging or leaking. Replace any rusted or broken drainpipes as they act as a breeding ground for germs and pests which cause malaria and dengue. Prevent any kind of water logging to keep mosquitoes away.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise is vital to keep yourself healthy, especially in monsoon. Since going out in the rain is impossible, work out at home. Practice yoga and free hand exercises.
Monsoon is the season of various diseases caused from germs and bacteria, which breed during this season. Take all the required precautions to keep yourself healthy during the monsoon.
I am 24 married 7 month back I am having pcos I have taken follicular study and rupture injection are ruptured but negative results and period not came today is 45 day what can I do now doctor.
Agar women pragnant ho to basically kitne dino ke baad pata chalta ke wo pregnant hai. Kya 15 se 20 dino me pata chal jata hai? Vomiting shuru ho jati hai?
I have irregular menstrual cycle because of polycystic ovaries My weight has gone 84 kgs My age is 23 I having thyroid too . How to get away from thyroid and to have regular menstrual cycle. Please give suggestions.
I'm 39years old and have a big lump on my left breast. It is not painful at all. Please let me know if I have to get any surgery done.
Hi doctor im 22 year old unmarried girl. My problem is very personal thats why I ask here. Inside my vagina there is a black mole, and now it seems bigger than before. Im little bit worried about this. Sometimes its colour also changed. And sometimes that part feels very hard. I can not tell you this to my parents also. Wats the reason behind this. I hope you understood my problem. Really im worried. How can I consult a doctor. I dnt want to show my personal part . Really worried pls help.
I had a sex with my gf but she didn't bleed she told she was bleedING in washroom. So can we know how many times a girl had sex.
Hi, I wanna know the best nutrition diet for a 6 months pregnant girl. Is banana and milk is good for health if it is taken as a breakfast? Baby growth is normal. And I have no allergy. Sometimes I do vomit. and I have back pain and stomach pain also.
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
In today’s modern, fast paced society, it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically however, stress is not a good thing for our bodies in general, and has a very real impact on your fertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
How Stress Impacts Fertility?
Recent research tells us that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through In-vitro fertilization (IVF).
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
- Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
- Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
- Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
- Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
- Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.