Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta DharmeshYour feedback matters!
My prolactin level is near about 40. I take 2 cabgolin 0.5 twice in a week. But my level is not decreasing below 28, which is normal for pregnant. I m trying for become a mother.
I have undergone a vaginal scan few days before and doctor has detected with fibroids in my uterus. I want to know will I get any problem to conceive a baby and it won' t create a problem in my pregnancy?
I am a pregnant of 4 months, this month 28th, 5th month will come. Still I am going to office by bike. Howlong I could ride bike?
Hello Dr. I am 25 years married girl meri shadi 9 feb 2015 ko hui thi. Shadi se pahle mera mensuration cycle thik tha but now every month 10, 15 days badh jate h and jb mc aata h to bahot pain k sath hota h. Apne family Dr. Se consult kiya. She tells that I have swelling in inner parts and pregnancy b conceive ni ho rhi h. Please Dr. Help me l want a baby soon. What should I do?
Hello doctors, I'm 27 years old using a copper loop as contraceptive, we moved to London last year. I'm getting my periods once in 2 months, or if I get monthly there is either a overflow of discharge, or the discharge doesn't stop till 20 days or more. For few months I went back to India then my periods were regular and normal. I came back and the problem again started. I got my date on 10th of this month's the discharge didn't stop still. There is no heavy flow but still.
One of the common complaints associated with sexual intercourse, is vaginal bleeding. This bleeding can occur during the course of intimacy or after it. Post intercourse bleeding is also termed as post-coitus bleeding. This is known as post costal bleeding. Doctor should be consulted immediately as it may be a sign of hidden cervical cancer.
Reasons behind vaginal bleeding
1. In most cases, the bleeding is risk free. It could be due to extreme friction, causing damage to superficial blood vessels in the cervix. It is important to use adequate lubrication; otherwise the consequences could be annoyingly painful.
2. If your period dates are nearby, the source of the blood could be from your uterus.
3. Benign growths, cysts, polyps on the cervix can cause bleeding. They are small fragile growths that rupture easily.
4. There can also be bleeding due to inflammations that occur as a reaction to a condom or a diaphragm.
When can vaginal bleeding be difficult?
- Vaginal bleeding after sex can often be a warning sign of ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when implantation of an embryo takes place outside the uterus, commonly inside the fallopian tubes.
- Bleeding every time after intercourse is also a common symptom of endometriosis. It occurs when the inner lining of the uterus, called the endometrial tissue, appears outside it. Endometrial tissue can attach itself to other surrounding organs in the pelvic region, generally, the abdomen, causing searing pain. It is also a major cause of infertility.
- Another cause of vaginal bleeding is atrophic vaginitis, a health condition mostly affecting older women, especially those who have reached menopausal age. This is due to the massive decline in the levels of estrogen that causes vaginal dryness and irritation.
- Sexually transmitted diseases could be a serious cause of vaginal bleeding. It is generally accompanied by several other symptoms such as vaginal odour, discharge, pelvic pain, inflammations. It should receive immediate medical attention.
- Vaginal bleeding could be a sign of cancer. It could be vaginal, ovarian, uterine or cervical cancer. It requires medical attention without any delay.
Most of the time, the reasons for post coitus bleeding is harmless. However, if it persists, you must pay a visit to your gynaecologist as soon as possible and get a thorough evaluation done. This could save the condition from worsening and also diagnose any other underlying medical condition at an early, curable stage.
I'm a 20 year old girl. I might be 1-week pregnant ,I've consulted with local doctor but even she's not sure about my pregnancy. I don't want to be pregnant right now, so I want an abortion can it be possible with Misoprostol pill? And what amount of dose would you recommend? I don't want to be pregnant at this moment I want a solution. Please help me out.
I am a 30 years old female and my problem is my period is not normal I had 2 children's and both are cesarian and I got family planning immediately after second birth. Just now I checked thyroid it is normal. I am fat and my weight is above 100. Kindly suggest me some foods and how do I reduce my fat for my normal period every month thanks.
I AM 22 YEARS OLD. BEFORE 3 YEARS I GOT MARRIED. NOW I AM WITH MY HUSBAND. I HAD MY LAST PERIODS 21 OF AUGUST. BEFORE TWO MONTH DUE TO OVER BLEEDING I HAD TAKEN A HORMONE MEDICINE (desogestrel, ethinylestradiol/0.15 mg,0.03 mg)for 21 days. NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST TIME FOR ME TO GET PREGNANT?
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
I'm 5th week pregnant. My doctor ask me weekly injection" maintain 250 (hydroxyprogesterone caproate 250mg) I am here for 2nd opinion is it right.?
1. Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
2. Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces.
3. Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
4. Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
5. Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
6. Prevents backache and muscular pain.
7. Contributes to a good appearance.
To achieve good posture you will require the following:
1. Good muscle flexibility
2. Normal motion in the joints
3. Strong postural muscles
4. A balance of muscles on both sides of the spine
5. Awareness of your own posture, plus awareness of proper posture which leads to conscious correction.
With practise, the correct posture for standing, sitting, and lying down you will gradually replace your old posture.