Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GayathriYour feedback matters!
I am from chennai. We are married for six months. My wife yet to get pregnant. We did sex repeatedly after her period. Which started on sep 22. We did during ovulation too. Now she missed period for the third day. But some light vaginal discharge. Few drops only. Does it mean pregnancy or period?
I am 30 years married female. This month my period is continuing since last 22 days. Its bleeding continuously since 22 days. I hvn't taken any OCP. Kindly suggest allopathic medicine for this.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old married women but still I dont have baby please suggest me for pregnancy
I have nabothian cyst in cervical will these may be reason that after doing sex I feel uncomfortable and I want to plan for my second child my age is 38 is nabothian cyst create problem for conceiving.
Hello doctor I am 39 year old married woman I have swelling in uterus last two months what should I do please tell me doctor.
If we do sex and sperm goes inside then does it pains to the girl while taking sperm into her vagina?
Hello doctor. My period is 20 days late. Normally my cycle is 37 days. I had an unprotected sex with my bf about 6 week ago. He told that he did not ejaculated inside. But for safety I took an emergency contraceptive within 2 hour of the sex. Yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative 3 times. I am now worried am I pregnant?
I am newly married person I want to ask questions regarding my wife we had sex many time and we thought she miss her periods but after 6days she feels periods and I am working in gulf so after 2 month I will go back so before that I want to make her preg can you pls suggest some tips and give answer why she did not miss her periods. And one more thing before one day of her period her blood pressure level reduce so we admit her to hospital where they give one glucose bottle and some tablets. So this is the reason for that or any other reason pls answer my question. Thanks.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.
PCOS causes irregular menstrual cycles, excessive body or facial hair and polycystic ovaries as it's main symptoms.
The cause of PCOS is not known. Some women with PCOS are less sensitive to insulin than other women. Insulin resistance can cause the ovaries to produce too many male hormones. The resulting hormonal imbalance can cause symptoms of PCOS. Currently, PCOS has no cure, but a variety of PCOS treatments can help alleviate the symptoms of this disease, including fertility.
PCOS symptoms -
-irregular or missing menstrual periods
-excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
-thinning hair on the scalp
-weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
-skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
-birth control pills to regulate menstruation
-ovulation induction to treat infertility
-treatment for hair loss
-removal of other skin problems
Lifestyle and prevention
A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with PCOS but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and PCOS treatments, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
I am 30 year old woman. I hv 10 month old son. I daily breastfeed him and also give him food but now my husband wants to drink my breast milk so can I allow him to drink my breast milk?
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently.
I had a c sec delivery on 13 dec 2014. Now me and my husband have started making love but no protection. Since i haven't done my tubectomy & my husband cannot due to his BP issues. I wanted to check if I can start taking contraceptive pills without being in mentrual cycles? Thank you
We had sex first time with my fiancé and it was unprotected. We didn't have sex for very long only a couple minutes because I was scared, night my periods I just wanted to know what I should think/know abt I vil get pregnant if I take pill any side affects who to now need helps.
Hello doctor. I am 28 years old female got married before 2 years. Try to conceive but not capable and also I have pcos problem so what should I do.
Your heart isn't one of the most important organs of your body, just like that. But it is nowadays, in constant danger with the rampant growth of heart disease, a leading cause of deaths around the world. Apart from your lifestyle choices, what you consume on a regular basis has a huge impact on the health of your heart. Unhealthy foods are the main reason the world is fatter and sicker than ever before. Surprisingly, some of these foods are considered healthy by many people.
Here are 6 health foods that are really junk foods in disguise:
- Processed 'Low-Fat' and 'Fat-Free' Foods: The 'war' on saturated fats is the biggest mistake in the history of nutrition. It was based on weak evidence, which has now been completely debunked. When this started, processed food manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and started removing the fat from foods. But there is a huge problem, food tastes horrible when the fat has been removed. That's why they added a whole bunch of sugar to compensate. Saturated fat is harmless, but added sugar is incredibly harmful when consumed in excess. The words 'low-fat' or 'fat-free' on a packaging usually mean that it is a highly processed product that is loaded with sugar.
- Fruit Juices, Which are Basically Just Liquid Sugar: A lot of people believe fruit juices to be healthy. They must be, because they come from fruit, right? But a lot of the fruit juices you find in the supermarket isn't really fruit juice. Sometimes, there isn't even any actual fruit in there, just chemicals that taste like fruit. What you are drinking is basically just fruit flavoured sugar water. That being said, even if you are drinking 100% quality fruit juice, it is still a bad idea. Fruit juice is like fruit, except with all the good stuff (like the fibre) taken out, the main thing left of the actual fruit is the sugar. If you didn't know, fruit juice actually contains a similar amount of sugar as a sugar sweetened beverage.
- Heart Healthy & Whole Wheat: Most whole wheat products are not really made from whole wheat. The grains have been pulverized into very fine flour, making them raise blood sugar just as fast as their refined counterparts. In fact, whole wheat bread can have a similar glycemic index as white bread. But even true whole wheat may be a bad idea, because modern wheat is unhealthy as compared to the wheat our grandparents ate. There are studies showing that modern wheat may cause inflammation and increased cholesterol levels, at least when compared to the older varieties. Whereas, wheat may have been a relatively healthy grain back in the day, the stuff most people are eating today is best avoided.
- Margarine: Butter was demonized back in the day, due to the high saturated fat content. Various health experts started promoting margarine instead. Back in the day, margarine used to be high in trans fats. These days, it has less trans fats than before, but is still loaded with refined vegetable oils. Margarine is not a food, it is an assembly of chemicals and refined oils that have been made to look and taste like food. If you want to improve your health, eat real butter, but avoid processed margarine and other fake foods like the plague.
- Vegetable Oils: We are often advised to eat seed and vegetable oils. This includes Soybean oil, Canola oil and numerous others. This is based on the fact that these oils have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels, at least in the short term. However, it is important to keep in mind that blood cholesterol is a risk factor and not a disease in itself. Even though vegetable oils can improve a risk factor, there is no guarantee that they will help prevent actual hard endpoints like heart attacks or death, which is what really counts. In fact, several controlled trials have shown that despite lowering cholesterol, these oils can increase the risk of death from both heart disease and cancer. So eat healthy, natural fats like ghee, cold pressed coconut oil, cold pressed sesame oil, cold pressed mustard oil and olive oil, but avoid processed vegetable oils as if your life depended on it (it does).
- Most Processed Breakfast Cereals: The way some breakfast cereals are marketed, is a disgrace. Many of them, including those that are marketed towards children, have all sorts of health claims plastered on the box. This includes misleading things like 'whole grain' or 'low fat'. But when you actually look at the ingredients list, you see that it is almost nothing, but refined grains, sugar and artificial chemicals. The truth is, if the packaging of a food says that it is healthy, then it probably is not. The truly healthy foods are those that do not need any health claims like whole, single ingredient foods. Real food doesn't even need an ingredient list, because real food is the ingredient.