Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gawal JainYour feedback matters!
Hi Once we started dissecting the cadaver, day by day students started to get fever including me. But the cadaver was well preserved. What could have been the reason?
Hi I am 25 years old and I have a pain in my stomach from yesterday and I don't want to eat anything.
My wife (78) had brain stroke on 26 - 10 2013. She was in hospital for ten days in icu and sixteen days in ward. She is paralyzed on right side from foot to face. Physiotherapy is continuing. Now she is able to recognize people to some extent but not able to speak correctly. She says' karka karke karka' but not speaks the words as we speak. Because of paralysis she is confined to bed. Not able to sit, not able to move herself any of her limb on right side. Food is boiled daal, khichri and vegetable blend boiled and ground in mixer given by spoon every three hours (from 7 am to 10 pm) during which blood pressure, pulse rate, blood oxygen and body temperature are recorded. High is control bp is controlled between 150 and 100 mm hg using carca 12.5 mg. Other medicines being given are (a) in morning shelcal 500, aterva 40, crocine pain relief, methycobal 500, each one tab and noculi 2tab, along with livipil syrup 7.5 ml, and (b) in evening crocine pain relief, methycobal 500, ecosprin 75, one tab each and noculi 2tab alongwith livipil syrup 7.5 ml. Phensidyl is sos one tsp in case high cough trouble. Tests e. G. Urine routine and culture, kft etc are as advised by doctor from time to time. I think maximum details are provided. Please suggest improvement in treatment so that she can stand, walk (with/without walker) and can carry out her daily activities with no/some support. Thanks and expect your advice.
Treatment should take all the medicine and insulin injection advised on the day of testing. Further more the regular time of taking meals and medicine is to be followed. All meals taken should be as per routine and not less or more
Diabetes once diagnosed is a life long disease which has to be controlled by Diet, Exercise & Medicine, A careless attitude towards diabetes can cost the patient heavily in terms of eye & kidney damage later on life.
Polycystic ovarian cyst disease (PCOD)
It is a disease characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary is enlarged and it produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones, this condition is also called as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Causes - hereditary / genetic disease (family history of someone with condition), overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens and causes pcod, obesity can aggravate pcod, excess insulin may cause high androgen levels and causes pcod.
Irregular menses / delayed / heavy periods.
Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back.
Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Depression, mood swings.
1) do regular exercise - exercise for 45 minutes, walking, jogging and aerobic exercise are great exercise that people can do.
2) eat healthy and balanced diet - it includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains, brown rice. Limit foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheese and fried foods. Avoid dairy products, red meat, sugary foods and drinks.
(select what you eat from the following food groups -
Vegetables - carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach.
Cereals - barley, oats, whole wheat, brown rice, multigrain bread.
Pulses - yellow and green moving, chana dal, beans, whole pulses.
Dairy products - skimmed or toned milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt.
Nuts - walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds).
3) control weight - losing weight may help to get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle these are the main part of the treatment for pcod.
4) treatment of hirsutism or acne.
5) restoration of regular menstrual cycle, restoration of fertility.
Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effects. Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of disease. Here are some homeopathic remedies for pcod -
1) sepia - menses are irregular (sometimes too late and scanty or too early and profuse) + bearing down pains from back to abdomen + a ball like sensation in the inner parts + yellowish or greenish leucorrhea + irritable and indifferent temperament.
2) pulsatilla - menses are late and scanty + thirstless and takes little water + mild, gentle and yeilding temperament + changeable moods + suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty.
3) natrum mur - irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles + beneficial for women with difficulty in conception due to pcod + aversion to heat of sun and craving for extra salt in the diet + reserved minded + symptoms gets worse when sympathy offered.