Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gautam Goel
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gautam GoelYour feedback matters!
I get easily tanned and I want to get a even skin tone. I ran across some information on monobenzone and I was wondering if I could mix very small amounts of monobenzone with my daily moisture to lighten my skin tone?
I want to have Glutathione injection. How much does it cost and how fast it results and how long it last. How long does it last. Please comment majorly for this issue. And What if I stopped for one treatment what gonna happen, does it change colour back or does it stay alive then.
I am aged 57 yrs and suffering from skin becoming red at some places on and off with acute itching sensation and at present continuously taking citracin tablets. Previously taken attarax and wizalone for long period. What should I do?
Sir please recommend a effective skin lightning cream for face, neck and arms for night usage please sir.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for four months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
My lips are getting darker day by day. I am not drinking so much of coffee or tea and also I am not using so much cosmetics every day. So what is the solution for it?
Hello, I'm Padma 30 years old woman. I have 8 months kid. My problem is skin related. My skin color has faded after delivery. Become too darker on several parts like underarms. The another problem is itching. Always I'm getting irritated with itching on hands. It's too much nowadays. I'm unable to concentrate on any work due to this.
Can you tell me any soap or ointment to reduce the red rashes on my face caused by acne to keep my skin clean without red spots and red rashes or tell me any natural cure pls. For red rashes and acne.
I am 23 yr old. I have a red spot on my lip. I have consulted doctor and also continued medicine but the spot remain same.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma - Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
1. Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
2. Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
3. Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
4. Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
5. Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma - Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
1. Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
2. Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
3. Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
4. Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
5. Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.