Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gautam GoelYour feedback matters!
I have an oily skin but its getting dried up, I am literally shedding skin from chin - nose till forehead. A lot of black and whiteheads. I cannot apply any creams as it gives a burning sensation. Aloe Vera gel has been soothing all this while. What can I do to get a smooth skin texture. I am a 37 years old working mother of a 4 years old.
Hello my name is lokesh. I have suffered from chicken pox 7 year back. That disease has left a scar (black spot) on my nose. I want to know whether there is any remedy or any ointment to lighten that black spot. I would be really thankful if you could reply me.
I have small 3 white patches in my feet since last 2 years. I think after use of rubber type chappal. Patches is still in same size. Not increasing.
My skin around testis are get rupture due to the moisture I am feeling continuously reaching around that area then what I do.
My mother had breast cancer and her left breast was removed due to this. What are the chances that I may have the same problem. I am 48 years old.
Having skin problem in between thighs, where in contact between the testis having blackish colour mark around on the thighs what I want to do, to get normal skin.
When I eat something rashes are coming out from my skin. When I take allergy tablets then rashes are not coming out for that day. So my question is it food allergy or not?
Shea butter is derived from the nuts of Karite trees (also known as Mangifolia) – which is predominantly found in many parts of Africa. It is sourced out in the form of a nutty oily substance and when the nuts are crushed, boiled and fermented, it leaves behind a light colored fat, commonly referred to as Shea butter.
Shea butter is edible and is used in a wide range of culinary cuisines across the globe. Shea butter may be refined or unrefined. It is a stock house of essential vitamins and minerals and finds many applications. The butter is beneficial for your health, skin and hair. Many health-care products available in the market today contain Shea butter too. It is also considered as a super food for your skin and has enough essential fatty acids and vitamins that boost your skin health. We have listed down some of its benefits for the skin:
- Sun Screen- Shea butter protects against the ultraviolet radiations of the sun and can act as a natural deterrent for the exposure. It is also the best bet for your skin during winter and moisturizes your skin to a great degree.
- Heals Skin Spots- Shea butter has remarkable healing properties and is used as a base in many medicinal ointments. It is effective in the treatment of scars and skin blemishes. It is also beneficial for chapped skin and fights effectively against skin pigmentation.
- Anti-Ageing Properties- Shea butter has amazing skin tightening properties and stimulates the production of collagen. The vitamin A levels in it can keep the skin supple and nourished. The butter also soothes your dry skin and brings out the natural glow.
- Baby Care- Shea butter is a natural moisturizer and basically, has no chemicals in it. Thus it is an excellent baby care product and is safe for the sensitive skin of your babies. It can also be used as an after bath lotion or can be used against diaper rash. It also hydrates your baby’s skin and retains the water content.
- Lip Care- Cold months can be especially harmful for your lips. Shea butter is easily absorbable and can moisturize your skin and lips during the cold winter seasons easily. It acts as a natural lip balm and can protect your lips from dry weather. It also greatly benefits chapped lips symptoms.
- Restores Skin Elasticity- Shea butter restores the elasticity of the skin and can help in maintaining an even skin tone. It acts as a natural toner and improves the flexibility of the skin. As a result, your skin appears supple and hydrated at all times.
What is the difference between freckles nd dark spots on skin of children's from age 10 to 30 years Please need a quick reply.
Hello I use epilite lotion for about 1 month for treating dark patches on my face. But there is no result. What can I do. Please help me.
I am underweight my weight is not increasing, how to make my face smooth whiter how to remove dark spots.
Atopic dermatitis or as it is commonly known as, eczema, is one of the most common and recurring form of skin disease. Some of the common symptoms of eczema are redness, swelling of skin, temporary discoloration and dryness among others. It not only causes a significant amount of irritation, but is extremely persistent in its occurrence. Combating atopic dermatitis is a rather cumbersome task, often leading to anxiety and depression. It is indeed one of the most problematic skin hindrances. Dermatitis usually occurs due to the inflammation of the epidermis.
Some of the more obvious causes are exposure to ultraviolet rays, familial predisposition, prolonged exposure to the offending allergen, latent infection, indigestion, hormonal imbalance among others. Occurrence of eczema considerably lowers the skin resistance and makes you vulnerable to various other skin troubles. Atopic dermatitis is especially congenital in nature. It has reported greater frequency in individuals whose family has some record of eczema or the other. Past incidents of asthma, hay fever may also act as triggers. Signs of eczema are usually manifested in itchy patches in the neck, scalp and palms.
Symptoms of Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis
- The usual symptoms of eczema are redness, itching, scaling and thickening of the skin.
- Itching is the most predominant symptom. At times the itching is so intense that one is forced to scratch the area till it bleeds.
- A thick crust like layer is formed on the skin which may give a leathery look to the skin.
- In some cases, there may be oozing of a discharge from the affected area. The discharge is often watery and sticky. This is known as wet eczema.
- In other cases, there is no oozing of any discharge and the skin remains dry. This is often known as dry eczema.
Role of Homeopathy in treating Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic Dermatitis is very efficiently treated with natural Homeopathic medicines. The medicines firstly help in decreasing the severity of disease, itching and the frequency of relapses. And with the constitutional natural Homeopathic remedies selected solely on the basis of individual symptoms, there is a promise of eradicating the disease from its root. The Homeopathic medicine selection is based upon totality of symptoms. The totality includes the site of eruption, the type of eruption, the worsening and relieving factors, time of itching, desires and aversions regarding food, sensitivity towards heat and cold, and the peculiar mental symptoms if present in a high degree. Homeopathic remedies help in eradicating Dermatitis from the root by increasing the patient’s immunity to the optimal level so that there won’t be any hypertensive flare-ups. The Homeopathic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis is not instant and does take time though, varying from months to a year depending upon the severity, duration of Dermatitis, plus the individual response to the remedy taken.
Given the commonness of the disease, there are numerous remedies for it as well. However, many vouch for the efficacy of homeopathy in curing such skin ailments. Homeopathy not only offers natural solutions to eczema but also detoxifies the system from within to curtail the frequency of such outbursts. Homeopathy also averts any kind of side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.