Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gauri Keskar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Gauri KeskarYour feedback matters!
1. What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a standard for tooth replacement. An implant is a small “support” made of titanium and placed into the jawbone at the point of a missing tooth root. After the implant has attached to the adjacent bone, a replacement tooth is positioned on top of the implant.
2. Do the new teeth look natural?
The new teeth have a natural-like appearance and feel.
3. Am I a suitable candidate for the procedure?
Overall good health and enough jaw bone are the vital requirements. If you are fit for tooth extraction, then you can have an implant. Individuals who have lost teeth due to disease, decay or injury are suitable candidates for the procedure. After taking complete medical history and x-rays it can be decided.
4. How successful is it?
They have been used for over thirty years and have shown high success rates. To ensure that implants last for long, one should practice good oral hygiene.
5. Is the procedure painful?
Anesthesia is administered during the surgery. Your dental implant dentist may prescribe pain medication to ease any discomfort after the surgery. Most patients report minor discomfort when they get home. Many patients feel okay the next day and can return to work.
6. How long does it take?
The time needed relies on the complexity and number of implants. A straightforward and uncomplicated dental implant may take less than 1 hour.
7. Am I allowed to eat after the surgery?
It is advisable to avoid exposing a recent surgical site to food. One is advised to take soft foods and to stay hydrated. We will guide you accordingly.
8. How long does the healing and placing of the implant crown take?
The duration mainly depends on your treatment plan; but mostly takes about two to six months. There are two major stages. At first, the implant should heal before we place the replacement crown.
9. How long will the implants last?
After the fusion of the implant to the bone, it can last for several years if it is well maintained. Many implants have stayed in place for over forty years.
10. Are dental implants costly?
The cost is relative. They are a little more costly than bridgework, but they last for much longer. Thus, more cost effective.
11. Will my insurance cover for the costs?
It depends on the individual plan. Talk to your insurance provider.
12. Can my body reject the implant?
An allergy to titanium is rare, but may occur. At times, the implant does not fuse to the bone during the first time, but on the second trial, it fuses.
I have pain my back teeth. I check my family doctor. And coming pass in back teeth he said its normal not any major issue. What I do.
From the last one week I suffered with mouth ulcers on tongue, teeth edges and entire mouth. Due to fever. Unable to take any solid/liquid food from 5 days. Using lot of tabs, gels, mouth wash etc. Even having throat paining. Pls suggest me.
I have a problem related to my oral hygiene .when ever I eat some thing my mouth starts to stink. Even if I have brushed in the morning .what can I do improve oral hygiene.
I am pregnant and 6 month is going on yesterday I came to know that my tooth is get spoiled and I want to ask that can I uproot this tooth.
I take eptoin 100 mg. Twice after meal, dompan,a to z tablet and singulair. I have bad breath most of the times. Does eptoin results in bad breath?
Wisdom teeth are known to be the final molars to grow out and they complete the set of permanent teeth. They generally start to erupt during the late teens or in the beginning of twenties.
In case of some people, there is a possibility that the wisdom teeth may never erupt, while others may even grow four and more wisdom teeth.
Do all wisdom teeth create dental problems?
No, if a wisdom tooth has completely erupted through the gum and tissue, without actually harming the teeth next to it, it does not require to be extracted. But, this is only if the individual is able to clean and brush it thoroughly. The wisdom teeth should be properly examined and dental care is necessary to prevent any complications.
When do wisdom teeth need extraction?
Proper oral care of the teeth will keep them healthy and clean. But there may arise a situation, in which the removal of the wisdom teeth is quite necessary:
1. In certain cases, the wisdom tooth may erupt at a weird angle, compromising the teeth next to it. This may make it difficult to clean the teeth thoroughly, thus resulting in the onset of bacterial growth and periodontal disease. In this case, the wisdom teeth should be removed as soon as possible.
2. While the wisdom teeth grows out, it may happen that there is not enough space for it to grow properly. As a result the adjacent teeth may face pressure due to crowded teeth, leading to headaches, toothaches and jaw pain. It is best that the wisdom teeth is extracted in this situation.
3. In case a wisdom tooth develops a cavity, it should be extracted.
4. An impacted wisdom tooth, that is, if it has only partially grown out of the tissue, should also be extracted before it can cause serious complications.