Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gauri GoreYour feedback matters!
My wife's last LMP 23/08/15 and her period is not come till today pregnancy test is positive and we don't want child what should I do? please suggest me any medicine. Thanks.
My wife has 9 days due on her period. Urine test shown negative on 6th day of due. Can I wait until I get positive or consult doctor? Is there any possible if she get pregnant?
Sir, we are trying for a second child past 3 months. Now our doctor prescribed ubiphene 50 for 5 days. But no tests or scanning was done on me before prescribing. I have a very regular cycle of 30 days. Is it safe to take ubiphene for me? I am very scared that it may lead to multiple pregnancies.
I am having pain in stomach above vagina in left side since 6th august. Have pain in my legs as well Also when I laugh or sneeze, my stomach hurts I took pregnancy test from kit and it showed that I am pregnant. Whereas in ultrasound or urine test pregnancy is negative I am attaching my ultrasound picture. Kindly look and advise please.
I have sex with my wife 3 times in a day without any protection after that I give her e- pill before 72 hr sex is there is any chance of pregnancy? She's periods date is 13 and periods come 1 day earlier but its not same as previous periods its lighter than before periods.
I was born a baby 31/3/2015 through surgery but my period is not start till date. Pls help me what I can do?
My husband every night do sex with me and it pains my breast and uterus what can I do? Please tell me
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.
I am 26 years old I have taking a mifegest kit last 6 days before. I have continually cramps & bleeding at 6th days. How maney day it can happen.
I have participated in sex with my girl friend without condom. Unfortunately we got broke up due to family issues. Now my parents is searching for bride for me. My question is can I participate in sex with upcoming wife without any precautions. Pls advise.
My friend was feeling kind of vibration in her left breast intermittently 4 days back. This happened for 2 days. After that since 2 days there is pain in her left breast and this pain is extended to her full left hand as well. please suggest if there is any possibility of breast cancer? Or could it be heart related problem?
If my wife is pregnant will there be any chance for ovulation after her periods? Because we made intercourse just after two days of her periods and yesterday night onwards she is having white bleeding in thick form.
I'M 26 years old and married. My periods are very regular every month. In the month of september I got my periods on 7th of that month. However I was supposed to get my periods in the first week of october say5th or 6th. I had intercourse with my husband on 4th of oct and after that I did not get my periods till date. Also there is a which while discharge with bad odour and severe anal itching. Kindly let me know the reason for missed period. Is sex safe before 3 days of getting periods.
I was done sex in a day 4 to 5 times. My husband not use condom and I don't want to pregnant very soon so how I test my pregnancy test.
I am a 24 year old girl. It's my birthday next month. It's regarding my menstruation. It started on Thursday and ended like on saturday afternoon. It was not full flow like it use to be always. What could be the reason for sudden stop? please help. I was having bad cold and was taking medicines like sinarest and cheston cold nf. Besides I was really stressed out with my house issues. Could you please suggest me what happened with me.
There are three stages of caring for an expecting mother: prenatal, intranatal, postnatal care. This is essential to ensure smooth pregnancy and labour and to keep the mother healthy after giving birth. This care is a combined effort between the doctor and the expectant couple. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are expecting an addition to your family.
Prenatal care from the moment you realize that you are pregnant, a woman must start taking extra care of her body. This reduces the risks in your pregnancy and at the time of labour. But even before planning a pregnancy, it is important that couples should consult with the doctor, in order to avoid any complications in future. Thus, you should ensure that regular check up not just during the pregnancy, but also before the pregnancy is equally important, so that your doctor can rule out complications arising due to factors, such as Thalassemia, Thyroid, Blood Sugar and PCOS, etc.
The main objectives of prenatal care are:
- To maintain the health of the mother
- Detect high risk cases
- Foresee complications and find ways to prevent them
- Reduce anxiety associated with delivery
Thus, an important part of prenatal care is to visit your gynaecologist regularly. These visits will be scheduled according to your age and stage of pregnancy. A few other points to keep in mind are:
- Stop smoking and stay away from passive smoking as well
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like insecticides etc.
- Ensure your vaccination is up to date
- Avoid x-rays
- Do not start or stop any medication without informing your doctor first
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water
- Exercise regularly for half an hour daily
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress
- Educate yourself about childbirth
Intranatal care refers to care given to the mother and baby at the time of delivery. The main objectives here are:
- Smooth delivery without injuring mother or baby
- Preventing complications
- Delivery resuscitation for the baby
There are a number of ways to deliver a baby and whatever you choose, you must ensure the presence of a doctor at your side, while delivering a baby. Your doctor will determine the position of the fetus and help you through your delivery.
Postnatal care is essential for 6-8 weeks after the baby is born. During this period, the mother goes through a number of physical and emotional changes and thus requires rest, nutrition and vaginal care. The main objectives here are:
- Prevent postpartum complications
- Restore mother to optimal health
- Ensure problem free breastfeeding
Sharing responsibility is essential for the health of the mother, after delivery. Get as much sleep as possible and pay attention to what you eat. Do not try and lose your pregnancy weight instantly. Schedule a checkup with your doctor six weeks after delivery to ensure your vagina has healed properly. Additionally abstain from intercourse at this time. With proper care, every stage of your pregnancy can be a beautiful experience.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.