Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav ShahYour feedback matters!
Why do I can't see clearly as no. Plate of vehicles from hardly 10 to 15 feet distance even if having 6/6 vision?
Hi, I need to know that is it possible to transplant cornea within living person. Like I want to donate it to my husband, as he had an accident. Please advise.
I had operation on my lower side of right eye. Doctor told calazia sist. But after 3 days I am not completely cure. When I will join my office and work properly. Now if I read something water comes from eye. Is it curable properly?
I am suffering from last 10 days. My eyes are red inside please solve my problem as soon as possible. My age is 30.
Hello doctor! i'm 46 years old male I want to dye my hair for the first time suggest me a natural hair dye recently I had a cataract surgery, so considering that suggest me a low chemical effect free dye. Thankyou!
It swells under my eyes and itches on my eyelids, it increases in winters, it has been going for last two months.
My mother had a cataract operation of one eye and after the operation the vision was become good. However now after one month she was feeling that something is in her eye and the vision is also become less. Doctor says it is a dryness and given drop. Pls advice is this dryness because the vision is also becoming less.
Hi, I have a headache whenever I read for more than 2 hours. I used specs for reading. But never able to read for a long period of time.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.