Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav ShahYour feedback matters!
Blacked around eye from long time no sleep I sleep for 4 to 5 hours so. Please let me know what to do.
I am having problem of AMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration) IN MY RIGHT eye. I am having treatment of Injections (Lutein) per month from 8 months. Is there any medicine available in Homeopathy for AMD?
My eyes are hot when I used to use computer for some time. Is it necessary that I need to consult a ophthalmologist.
Hi, I'm 32 years male and suffering with blur vision before the headache stars. My blur vision will be half an hour after that my vision becomes perfect and headache starts and headache will stay for 2 days and then it becomes completely normal, can you please let me know what the problem is, thanking you.
I have some irritation in my eyes while studying, even I use my specs regularly. What should I do to get rid of that?
I always have yellowish eyes. How to improve their colour? And also can you suggest something for back pain?
I am a 16 years old girl and I have feel low light vision around myself during the time of study. My left and right eyes powers are (-7.5). Doctors can't detect the problem. What is the actual problem and what is the solution?
What type of sunglasses can I wear for eye floaters? In bright light, I see round circles and several white lines especially in sunlight. Pl suggest, I had visited ophthalmologist, everything was good, but eye floaters aren't going away.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.