Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav PoplaiYour feedback matters!
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches.
Good oral hygiene practices consist of brushing regularly with a fluoride-containing toothpaste, flossing once daily, rinsing once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash, and seeing your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning.
In addition to these practices, eat foods low in sugar and ask us about sealants. Sealants are a great solution when it comes to safeguard your teeth.
Why do we get tooth decay inspite of maintaining them well by brushing twice and also I do not eat sweets at all. Please suggest.
Hello doctor, I am suffering from following problem: Gum of the teeth became raddish. Thin white layer on the gum of teeth. It is painful while I take spicy food with pepper. This is for more than two years. Regards.
When I smile laugh or talk nobody can see my upper teeth! Its seem like I am old but I am still 19 years old! This makes me feel very bad! I don't know if my upper lip is too long or my teeth are too small? What can I do in this situation? Please help!
I have to much of sensitivity. I use sensodine toothpaste. And I also treat me teeth with some more home remedies. But I can't see any difference in sensitivity. please help me.
I am feeling watering mouth. I feel difficulty in swallowing. I am also feeling tastelessness. What are the reasons and remedy.
I am 30 years old female and I have bad breath in our mouth. Many times I cleaning the tooth and used mouth wash but no use. What should I do please explain.
I am not a smoker also I don't have any habit of" pan/faki" but my teeth is yellow and I want to make it white perfect. My teeth is not in proper alignment also, so What is the best solution for whiting the teeth?
i used the Colgate toothpaste for the past 35 years, but nowadays my teeths are very sensitive & not strong, one hole is in right side teeth. Please suggest.
Hey this is jitu babu from Hyderabad, I am suffering from teeth pain ,and also how to whitening my teeth ,plz yell.
I have bad breath. Is this due to my stress n anxiety .Due to my stress and anxiety I don't do proper breathing. Could this be the reason for the bad breath.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.