Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gaurav P. Kadam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav P. KadamYour feedback matters!
Colon cancer is cancer that starts in the large intestine (colon). In most cases it begins as a non-malignant group of cells called polyps, which may turn cancerous over time. After the formation of the malignant tumors, the cancerous cells may spread to other parts of your body through lymph and blood channels. It can occur together with rectal cancer and is known as colorectal cancer.
Causes of Colon Cancer
The occurrence of colon cancer may depend on the presence of precancerous polyps in the colon. Adenomas polyps may turn cancerous, but are removable through colonoscopy. Hyperplastic polyps rarely become cancerous, whereas inflammatory polyps may become cancerous after the inflammation of the colon.
Other risk factors that may influence the occurrence of colon cancer are:
Genetics: about 20% colon cancers are thought to be caused by mutation of the genes.
Age: those over the age of 50 are more likely to develop colon cancer, though now it is also increasingly affecting younger people.
Lifestyle: it is more likely to affect people who lead a sedentary lifestyle, smoke tobacco or are obese.
Diet: it is more likely to affect those whose diets are high in red meats, calories, and fat while being low in fiber. Alcohol consumption may also affect its occurrence.
Medical conditions: people who suffer from diabetes, acromegaly (growth hormone disorder) and colitis etc, may also be prone to develop colon cancer.
Warning Signs of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer generally goes undetected in the early stages. The symptoms vary with the location, spread and size of the tumor. In the earlier stages of cancer, most people experience no symptoms, but in the later stages they may experience one or more of these symptoms:
- Change in bowel habits such as diarrhea, constipation or change in consistency of stools; lasting more than a month
- Blood in stool or bleeding from the rectum
- Pain during passage of stool
- Pain, cramps or gas in the abdominal region
- Frequent urges to pass stool
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Unexpected weight loss
However, these symptoms may not necessarily indicate colon cancer. They can occur in the absence of colon cancer too. It is confirmed by colonic biopsy and histopathological examination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am suffering from Legs pain,very less sleep and weights are not increasing pls give me advice about my health which precautions may be taken.
I have dandruff from long time, and my hair becomes very rough and thin please guide me for this to stop baldness.
Hi I am GANESH. Any problem or any tensions & normal conditions also my hands and legs became wet. It is so embracing, is there any solution to this problem please help me.
I'm 29 years old and I've got TSH of 4.8,LDL/HDL ratio is 5.189 and HDL cholestrolof 30. What should I do? Should I take tablets for Thyroid?/
I am 28 years old diabetic and Median stiffness: 7.8kpa_ IQR: 0.5KPA, IQR/med: 6% Success rate: 100%, Please advise.
Doctor I am really loosing my hair from 1 year, many of the oils and shampoos I had tried but I didn't see any improvement in hair so if you have any solution then tell me please.
Hi I am a guy aged 23 years. Few years back I started getting round small lumps on my hand but now it has spread to back, thies. When consulted my family doctor. He said not to worry and said it is extra fat. I am worried because its being increasing to different parts now. How can I avoid or reduce this?
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.