Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav MishraYour feedback matters!
My skin has become dry. Which night cream cream should I apply for dry skin and get fairness. please also suggest home remedies for it.
My friend suggest me to use me glow fairness cream to have fairer skin is this true that me glow makes skin fairer than before On of my friend said that emani fair and handsome also makes skin fairer Which one makes skin fairer please suggest me because I want to have fairer skin I am very dark plc suggest any one of this cream.
Dear doctor, Greetings fro me, This M.Rama Krishna 27 working as maintenance officer in Neuland laboratories limited Hyderabad .My self having two problems one is of an black spots under eyes and fore head since from several days that to I had consulted doctors they had written many tablets and creams but they had not given any result and second problem is of an hair fall on head at center its from one year onwards wright now using minoxidil 5% but I don't know whether its curing or not but still using so, please suggest me best recommendations for my both problems and that as per sample progress I have attached my face and pictures.
I have dryness in my face near the eyes in both side it happens in winter some times in summer why it comes.
Respected Sir, White field in my body is the problem that i am facing. And scalp in the head. I used many ailments that prescribed by doctors. But after finishing it the same problems starts. Whitefield IP, candid are some of them.
I have some black spots on my forehead. So I was taken service of peel, laser treatment then the spots are light not properly I want that those spots are totally removed So what I do pls suggest sir.
He is my friend's father and he has just been diagnosed with a disease named Harpies. He had some red spots or red color sores on neck. I want to know what kind of disease it is. How dangerous it is. How can it be cured and how much tym will it take to be cured.
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.