Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurang ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir, My son is suffering from mouth ulcer two times in a week only in tongue so please send the medicine Thanking you sir.
There are thousands of living organisms which are living in the mouth and some of them produce a fetid smell.
People who do not clean their mouth, tongue and teeth properly have more of these bacterias. Saliva checks the growth of bacteria but during sleep, saliva production almost ceases and bacteria go on multiplying. Thus, many people complain that they have a bad odor from mouth esp. In morning on rising.
Many types of mouthwash are available in the market, all of them contain alcohol. They help for an hour or two and their excessive use produces more bad smell in the mouth than it was before their use.
The best way to stop bad odor from the mouth is maintaining good oral hygiene by brushing teeth properly twice daily along with cleaning of the tongue by a tongue cleaner. Homeopathic remedies can do rest of the work to stop bad breath.
My 3.5 years old daughter has always had the problem of blocked nose, plus she is a thumb sucker, and mouth breather 24x7. This is leading to very bad gums and teeth apparently. What can be done about it? Please help.
Does taking chewing gum (orbit) daily create any health problems? And does it reduce the sperm count. I asked coz I heard some of my friends saying so? And does orbit makes teeth white?
I have a problem on my teeth lots of yellow teeth and its smell very bad so please give me some natural suggestion what I need to do.
Sir I am having pirea in my teeth and daily while doing brush blood comes out from gums so please tell me anything to cure this?
My fathers front two teeth are missing . So he is going to get new tooth replacement. So I want to ask that does it pain when the doctor fixes new tooth? And if yes then fr how many days will it pain and what diet should he follow.
There is a gap between my front two teeth how can it get fixed n what will be the cost n my age is 25.
I have pain in both of my jaw and also clicking sound from right side of my jaw. I have also neck and shoulder pain and I have noticed that the space between c5 and c6 of my spine have increased. I am feeling very very unwell and uncomfort. please help me.
Hello Doc., my wisdom tooth came on lower right jaw. Initially there was little pain but by regular gargle with salted warm water it has no pain now, but some part of skin is on the top of the tooth. I have consulted a dentist he is suggesting to remove the tooth. Please suggest.
For my daughter, 7 years old, 2 extra teeth have grown behind the fronth teetth on lower jaw. What is the solution?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.